Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

When you see the same skull*ery going on at the club year after year and the complete predictability of the same outcome and utter helplessness of the supporter base to influence any sort of meaningful change ( excluding the happy clapper sheep) I can't help but liken it to either of the big two political parties in this nation. The majority of party members in them are there to take the piss for a large pay check with no real sense of responsibility or reality. The majority grossly out of touch, arrogant and unqualified for their positions. And the majority on the look out to cull anyone involved that is bucking the trend and wanting to make a difference for the common man.

We be ****ed.
Vote for Independent Candidates!

So Soligo was the sub because he wasn't fit enough.

Tell me oh AFC brains trust, what was the plan if someone was injured in the opening minutes of the game??
Confused Married With Children GIF

So Soligo was the sub because he wasn't fit enough.

Tell me oh AFC brains trust, what was the plan if someone was injured in the opening minutes of the game??
We were planning for no injuries

And, being a preseason practice game, it didn't matter if we got it wrong and lost as a result

You don't need to be Einstein to work out it would have involved rotations and the way match fit players minutes would have been managed.
Yes but if you have half a brain you’d realise that would mean other players having to increase their load and given the conditions and it was the first game of the season, you don’t need to be Einstein to work out that’s dumb.

Let me guess, you are ok with the decision?

You don't need to be Einstein to work out it would have involved rotations and the way match fit players minutes would have been managed.
So with an extra mid in the mix, had he started, wouldn't they have been able to manage his minutes in the same way? What happened to the "if you're declared fit, no excuses" mantra.

Our coaches seem pretty good at outsmarting themselves.

None of which changes the obvious way they would have managed Soligo or the other players minutes in the event of an early injury.
Imagine having to manage a player in Round 1, by choice, when you could pick anyone you wanted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So with an extra mid in the mix, had he started, wouldn't they have been able to manage his minutes in the same way? What happened to the "if you're declared fit, no excuses" mantra.

Our coaches seem pretty good at outsmarting themselves.
We’re trying to play 4d chess but still haven’t mastered checkers.

I am certainly not sold on Nicks as a coach, as although seems to have players backing and a fighting spirit in team .
But clearly he is out of his depth with team structures and systems that create spaces to run into and lead into etc,
However he has little support with the bargain basement assistant coaches that he and club have assembled.
They let the best coach walk out the door back to Geelong .
Apart from Burns none of them have any real credentials and have him plugging holes.
Our last 2 appointments are Jack Hombsch ( why --where --what )
But we topped that in appointing a hack SANFL ruckman that could never bother to get in real playing shapes as our ruck coach.

Back