List Mgmt. Future Father Son prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of of draft year lol
Tried to compile a list based on what ever information I could find. If anyone could fill in the rest of the gaps, feel free to assist.

Jackson Archer (2021) ✅
Darby Scott (2021) :crossmark:
Jai Makepeace (2021/22)? :crossmark:
Thomas Longmire (2021/22)? :crossmark:

Dylan Makepeace (2022) :crossmark:
Cooper Harvey (2022) ✅

Byron Pickett Jnr (2023)
Lucas Rocca (2023)
Billy Longmire (2023)

Ryder Makepeace (2024)
Will Crocker (2024)
River Stevens (2024)
Zach Fairley (2025)
Kayde Pickett (2025)
Owen Simpson (2025)
Archer Grant (2025)
Kai Schwass (2025)
Lucas McCartney (2024)
Sam Harris (2026)
Aiden McCartney (2026)
Marcus Rocca (2027-2028)
Sasha Demetriou (2027-2028)
Suede Makepeace (2027-2028)

James Rock [2022-2027] TBC

Jack Petrie (2028)
Conor Rawlings (2029)
Hudson Harvey (2030)
Thomas Colbert (~2031)
Noah McMahon (2031)
Ryder Hansen (2031)
Lenny Firrito (2031)
Mason Sinclair (2032)
Lachlan Goldstein (2033)
Max Firrito (2034)
Xavier Cunnington (2034)
Sebastian Gibson (2034)
Jude Swallow (2035)
Cohen Thomas (2035)
Sonny Sinclair (2037)
Flynn Thompson (2037)
Carter Carey (2037)
Charlie Goldstein (2039)
Kobe Cunnington (2039)
Laker Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Hansen (2030+)
[Unknown name] Colbert (2032+)

Ineligible
-------------------------------------
Tyler Welsh (2024) - Son of Scott
Tom Cochrane (2024) - Son of Stuart
Jagger Mooney (2025) - Son of Cameron
Ethan Abraham - Son of Winnie
Gary Abraham - Son of Winnie
[Unknown name] Abraham - Son of Winnie
Elijah Anderson (2030) - Son of Jed
Jasiah Anderson (2031) - Son of Jed
Archer Harvey (2025) - Son of Shane
Jett Harvey (2028) - Son of Shane
Slater Harvey (2031) - Son of Shane
Louis Thompson (2021) - Son of Nathan
Benjamin Thompson (2023) - Son of Nathan
Jude Dal Santo (2033)
Hendrix Daw (2037)
Isaiah Hall (2038)
Riley Polec (2038)

Last edited:

Do people forget Blakey had the option to choose North but didn’t? It’s silly to say he should be playing for us, he didn’t want to.

Not the point, sons of AFL players should not be eligible for academy selection. They can go into the draft if they don’t want to play for the club their father played at.

We’re told the whole point of the Northern academies is to entice kids to play Aussie rules instead of Rugby League to grow the game.

the near misses are what makes this more annoying

Tyler Welsh the best key forward in this draft going to crows would’ve been perfect for us

It's hard to say near miss really here, he played more games for the Dogs than he did us. Still, would have been nice.

Don't care about all that. Academy or otherwise, FS should trump all. J.Blakey played more than 100 games for us. His son should wear the same colours.
People seem to forget Blakey senior also played 100+ games for Fitzroy, thus linked to Brisbane, and his son chose not to go there too.

Which is all fair.

I see it more a failure of John's than a failure of Neck's.

The frustrating part is we then employed John to help turn us to s**t.

Also Jason McCartney was at GWS and as far as I know his boys have never not been North supporters.
I agree with this bit - Blakey senior left Sydney so he wasn't involved in coaching his son, and we graciously helped out

It's hard to say near miss really here, he played more games for the Dogs than he did us. Still, would have been nice.
And he only left us because there was a death in the family - would have played over 100 games with us otherwise.

25 yr reunion for 99 flag this year - get in his ear about pointing his son towards the draft (us)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

slavery was last abolished in the 'western' world in 1863. Not sure even the AFL can bring it back

???

F/s doesn't MAKE the kid come to that club.

Blakey could have just entered the draft and maybe had to move interstate like everyone else.

People seem to forget Blakey senior also played 100+ games for Fitzroy, thus linked to Brisbane, and his son chose not to go there too.

Yeah and that's fine. He should have been restricted to - North (F/S) or Lions (F/S) or decline both and enter the draft. If you are F/S eligible, it overrides any Academy eligibility. You are not going to be lost to the game if your father is a 357 game player. I believe there is still room for romance and sentiment in an increasingly corporatised league, and F/S is one of those things that qualifies. If Nick had have chosen to go to the Lions obviously you'd be disappointed but you'd understand. The Academy choice is one which you can't help but be cynical about IMO

I mean, I get it but he lived in Sydney and wanted to play for Sydney. Do we really want someone who comes to us as a backup to their actual preference? I personally wouldn’t
If Junior Blakey was playing for us, I reckon he’d have been a cult hero on here. The way he moves harkens back to JWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back