Preview Dockers vs Crows Round 3 Friday 29th March 4:20pm Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all seriousness, might bring in Reidy as a forward ruck and leave Treacy up front the whole game
Actually would love this. Should have done it last week.

Even if Reidy plays a half to wear the brunt of the gorilla ruck before being subbed off for a runner.

Need to protect Jacko a bit.

With Obrien being that strong body they’ll play Reidy probably. Treacy has an arm issue too so maybe take him out of the ruck for a few.

Actually would love this. Should have done it last week.

Even if Reidy plays a half to wear the brunt of the gorilla ruck before being subbed off for a runner.

Need to protect Jacko a bit.
To be clear, I would under no circumstance not start Jackson in the middle. Reidy would start forward as a foil / big body and rotate in as second ruck.

Jacko has 16 coaches votes from 2 games...

They made us look stupid last year and in a lot of ways that game was the death knell for season 2033 IMO

Be nice to repay that but I dunno , we ALWAYS s**t the bed in high profile games

Think we might struggle unless we get a nice little Sonny Walters sneak up on them game for 3 or 4 while they are looking elsewhere

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
big call, not sure how one game last year writes our whole season off in 9 years time

Whilst I wouldn't tip the crows, their midfield has traditionally over the last seven years or so well beaten ours in the majority of encounters leadings wins for them; players like the Crouch brothers, Ben Keays, Rory Laird and more recently Rachele (forward and midfield) consistently having had days out against us. Freo being beaten on the spread is synonymous with the crows midfield.

Having said that they have had the home ground advantage quite a bit. I think their record on the road is a weight around their shoulders, so if our crowd can get involved early and spur our team on I think it can do some negatives to their mindset.

Rachele has not had the fastest start to the season but he has still been dangerous in his two games, is someone who peels off 3 goals and umpteen quality disposals against us and I think is someone we should try and specifically lock out of the game. I am interested in what matchup we place on him; Aish seems like the right player for mine, or even plonk Alex Pearce on him whilat forward (with Hughes going to Tex, Ryan to Fogarty) and maybe Young to run with when he goes into the centre but whomever it is / they are they should be going to make a name for themselves and put a stamp on the game and for the future.

Rankine has also loved playing against us but his game relies more on supply than Rachele so I am less worried if we can cut supply from the midfield. Their defence also looks rather shaky whilst our talls look good so winning in the centre and I think we will go along way.

Don’t worry Adelaide don’t have a midfield, they have some old slow guy and a couple of recycled half backs their best midfielders (Rankin, Rechelle) play in the forward line. Ok , I admit the recycled half back go well in the middle but that gives them no backline

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

To be clear, I would under no circumstance not start Jackson in the middle. Reidy would start forward as a foil / big body and rotate in as second ruck.

Jacko has 16 coaches votes from 2 games...

Thats why I think Reidy doesn’t play. With Jackson #1 ruck we need a forward who can chop out in the ruck and that is not Reidy

Thats why I think Reidy doesn’t play. With Jackson #1 ruck we need a forward who can chop out in the ruck and that is not Reidy

I can see them deciding they'd rather have Treacy as the 2nd forward and therefore, Reidy needs to just create a contest while up front and will be able to provide more in the ruck. Happy either way but Voss seems to have something both Essendon and Freo coaches want improved

Fremantle vs Adelaide

Friday 29th March 2024

Optus Stadium

4:20pm

Me and Football and Big Footy

This little intro is not funny. It may not be interesting. I hope it is not maudlin and I hope it does not come across as attention seeking. If you don’t want to read a personal and sad story that is intended to show the value of being a fanatical football supporter and the value of a forum like Big Footy, then jump straight to ‘Last Time They Met’.

I have attended football all my life. (I am a boomer). I was a rusted on East Fremantle supporter back in the day and even after the Eagles entered the V/AFL in 1987 I still relentlessly attended the WAFL. It was only after the Dockers were formed that I gradually gave up the WAFL for the Dockers and the AFL.

Now, jumping forward a bit to the sad part. In winter of 2010 my lovely husband had very poor health. On Friday 3rd September 2010 we were told he had leukemia. This was the day before the Elimination Final against Hawthorn. I had tickets, of course, and what could one achieve by staying home? So I attended. Although at times I cried behind my sunnies, the match cheered me up. I still enjoy watching that match. Luke being so dominant he just about made Buddy cry. Dave Mundy coming of age as an elite midfielder. And a great performance from Greg Broughton, a pity that went awry. That team was so young – an average age of 23 years and 10 months, so Footy Wire tells me – ridiculous.

Anyway, in 2011 things went from bad to worse. On Sunday 11th June I sat in my husband’s hospital room while the neurologist explained to us that the cancer cells had entered the brain and spinal fluid – a rare occurrence. This was the day that the Dockers threw away a 3 goal lead at ¾ time (and more I think early in the fourth) vs Hawthorn at the G and managed to go down by 22 points. The neurologist was a wonderful doctor, a wonderful human being and a Dockers supporter. He sat through that last quarter in the hospital room with us and tried to help us assimilate the information he had given us.

Round 1 of 2013 came between the day I was widowed and the funeral. We played the Eagles and had a comfortable, and somewhat unexpected, win. I attended of course. It cheered me up no end.

During that 2.5 years I spent a lot of time on Big Footy. I was either at the hospital or largely house-bound being a carer, so what else to do with my time? I felt like I got to know the posters and loved the training reports from salim malik. After my husband died I started going down to Freo Oval to join the training watchers. I needed something enjoyable to do. I met Salim (now sadly gone) and I met King Huskii – a very compassionate and caring person. I met some others as well.

I was lucky enough to attend the 2013 Grand Final and hope to be at the Grand Final again for all the right reasons.

The football, the Dockers and Big Footy were a big support to me over that time, although they didn’t know it and I can mark so much of that time by football matches.

Nobody needs to feel sorry for me. I lead a full and happy life. The football, the Dockers and Big Footy are all an important part of it. I don’t attend training as much as I used to, as I am too busy. I don’t post all that often, but I am often here and feel part of a Dockers’ community.

I don’t know how to round this off except to say ‘Let’s F..ing Go’.

Last Time They Met

2023 Round 4 Adelaide Oval Dockers 10 12 72 Adelaide 17 9 111

Our form was poor, despite lodging our first win of the season the previous week against the Eagles. We won the clearances and split the inside 50’s but turned that in to very little. Tex, Rachele and Rankine kicked 10 between them.

Line-ups

The Dockers are without Darcy, Chapman and Cox who are clearly best 23. I guess we will go in unchanged. Our defence looks a bit underpowered with Draper in for Cox (although Draper’s debut was quite promising).

Adelaide are without Sloane, Thilthorpe and Nick Murray. The lack of Thilthorpe makes their forward line a little less intimidating. Their backline might be somewhat weakened by the absence of Murray.

This Week’s Battle

Interestingly Adelaide have won the inside 50s in their 2 games so far. Against Gold Coast it was a low scoring game in trying conditions, inside 50s 54 to 51. Tex did not play that game. Against Geelong on their home deck inside 50s were 66 to 53 and yet Adelaide only kicked 77 points and went down by 19 points.

By contrast the Dockers have lost the inside 50 count in both their games this year – by 8 against Brisbane and by 12 against North Melbourne. I am not sure what this means – I guess Adelaide’s forward line hasn’t hit its straps yet and the Dockers’ forward line is operating quite efficiently. The Dockers’ scoring came quite differently in their 2 matches as well – 10 goals out of 14 from the 4 talls against Brisbane, 6 goals from 15 from the 4 talls against North Melbourne.

Reilly O’Brien has won the hitouts in both Adelaide matches so our midfield needs to be prepared for that. I think as long as we get out of the blocks and split the midfield battle our forwards should put on a decent score and our defence will cope. Rachele and Rankine might be a greater threat than the Adelaide tall forwards.

Prediction

It is a match we should be winning.

Dockers by 25 points.

That is a Hall of Fame worthy preview dockefemme. I love your honesty and bravery to weave your personal life experiences into a wonderful preview.

Many thanks for a memorable preview.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo by under a goal in a high scoring affair. Predictions are below as follows:
  • Freo to give Adelaide the obligatory head start by letting them kick the first 10 goals of the match before rope-a-doping them at the start of the second quarter.
  • Dogga & Sebba to combine and dominate again by breaking the AFL records for hit outs, clearances and contested possessions in just three quarters.
  • Clarky to run the length of the field with the ball and slot a goal from 50m.
  • Fyfey to turn back the clock and pull off mark of the year near the boundary by sitting on O'brien's head.
  • The Don will show Rankine what a blanket looks like and will keep him nice and warm all game.
  • In between kicking his bag of 8 goals, Nev to give Brodie Smith 1 on 1 lessons on how to kick the ball properly.
  • JT/Cyclone Treacy/The Big Cohuna to gain a new moniker as 'The Undertaker' after he tackles and buries an Adelaide player into the ground (within the rules of course).
  • Son Son to kick a bag of goals from genuine high-contact infringements, thereby infuriating Crows fans.
  • Draper to force Crows fans to re-live the nightmare of Chappy's golden fist by doing the exact same thing to Ben Keays on the goal line in the dying seconds of the game and icing the match for Freo.

It will be a game for the ages, the kind of game that you tell your grandkids about and say "and that kids is how Flagmantle's three-peat started in 2024".
the undertaker =)

1711432181787.png

Fremantle vs Adelaide

Friday 29th March 2024

Optus Stadium

4:20pm

Me and Football and Big Footy

This little intro is not funny. It may not be interesting. I hope it is not maudlin and I hope it does not come across as attention seeking. If you don’t want to read a personal and sad story that is intended to show the value of being a fanatical football supporter and the value of a forum like Big Footy, then jump straight to ‘Last Time They Met’.

I have attended football all my life. (I am a boomer). I was a rusted on East Fremantle supporter back in the day and even after the Eagles entered the V/AFL in 1987 I still relentlessly attended the WAFL. It was only after the Dockers were formed that I gradually gave up the WAFL for the Dockers and the AFL.

Now, jumping forward a bit to the sad part. In winter of 2010 my lovely husband had very poor health. On Friday 3rd September 2010 we were told he had leukemia. This was the day before the Elimination Final against Hawthorn. I had tickets, of course, and what could one achieve by staying home? So I attended. Although at times I cried behind my sunnies, the match cheered me up. I still enjoy watching that match. Luke being so dominant he just about made Buddy cry. Dave Mundy coming of age as an elite midfielder. And a great performance from Greg Broughton, a pity that went awry. That team was so young – an average age of 23 years and 10 months, so Footy Wire tells me – ridiculous.

Anyway, in 2011 things went from bad to worse. On Sunday 11th June I sat in my husband’s hospital room while the neurologist explained to us that the cancer cells had entered the brain and spinal fluid – a rare occurrence. This was the day that the Dockers threw away a 3 goal lead at ¾ time (and more I think early in the fourth) vs Hawthorn at the G and managed to go down by 22 points. The neurologist was a wonderful doctor, a wonderful human being and a Dockers supporter. He sat through that last quarter in the hospital room with us and tried to help us assimilate the information he had given us.

Round 1 of 2013 came between the day I was widowed and the funeral. We played the Eagles and had a comfortable, and somewhat unexpected, win. I attended of course. It cheered me up no end.

During that 2.5 years I spent a lot of time on Big Footy. I was either at the hospital or largely house-bound being a carer, so what else to do with my time? I felt like I got to know the posters and loved the training reports from salim malik. After my husband died I started going down to Freo Oval to join the training watchers. I needed something enjoyable to do. I met Salim (now sadly gone) and I met King Huskii – a very compassionate and caring person. I met some others as well.

I was lucky enough to attend the 2013 Grand Final and hope to be at the Grand Final again for all the right reasons.

The football, the Dockers and Big Footy were a big support to me over that time, although they didn’t know it and I can mark so much of that time by football matches.

Nobody needs to feel sorry for me. I lead a full and happy life. The football, the Dockers and Big Footy are all an important part of it. I don’t attend training as much as I used to, as I am too busy. I don’t post all that often, but I am often here and feel part of a Dockers’ community.

I don’t know how to round this off except to say ‘Let’s F..ing Go’.

Last Time They Met

2023 Round 4 Adelaide Oval Dockers 10 12 72 Adelaide 17 9 111

Our form was poor, despite lodging our first win of the season the previous week against the Eagles. We won the clearances and split the inside 50’s but turned that in to very little. Tex, Rachele and Rankine kicked 10 between them.

Line-ups

The Dockers are without Darcy, Chapman and Cox who are clearly best 23. I guess we will go in unchanged. Our defence looks a bit underpowered with Draper in for Cox (although Draper’s debut was quite promising).

Adelaide are without Sloane, Thilthorpe and Nick Murray. The lack of Thilthorpe makes their forward line a little less intimidating. Their backline might be somewhat weakened by the absence of Murray.

This Week’s Battle

Interestingly Adelaide have won the inside 50s in their 2 games so far. Against Gold Coast it was a low scoring game in trying conditions, inside 50s 54 to 51. Tex did not play that game. Against Geelong on their home deck inside 50s were 66 to 53 and yet Adelaide only kicked 77 points and went down by 19 points.

By contrast the Dockers have lost the inside 50 count in both their games this year – by 8 against Brisbane and by 12 against North Melbourne. I am not sure what this means – I guess Adelaide’s forward line hasn’t hit its straps yet and the Dockers’ forward line is operating quite efficiently. The Dockers’ scoring came quite differently in their 2 matches as well – 10 goals out of 14 from the 4 talls against Brisbane, 6 goals from 15 from the 4 talls against North Melbourne.

Reilly O’Brien has won the hitouts in both Adelaide matches so our midfield needs to be prepared for that. I think as long as we get out of the blocks and split the midfield battle our forwards should put on a decent score and our defence will cope. Rachele and Rankine might be a greater threat than the Adelaide tall forwards.

Prediction

It is a match we should be winning.

Dockers by 25 points.
Best preview ever, & I wanted to state that I did feel sorry for you..... being an east Fremantle supporter, but this was the one year for bloody ages we can't laugh at the gummy sharks.
Anyway, Go Freo!

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

*.. really? C'mon. Even Voss is far superior now.
I don't understand why people think Voss will be able to play the role better than Tabs.

Most of the feedback from Essendon was Voss plays more like a medium forward than a tall forward, I haven't seen enough yet to have a strong opinion but the little I have seen does seem to reinforce that.

I don't understand why people think Voss will be able to play the role better than Tabs.

Most of the feedback from Essendon was Voss plays more like a medium forward than a tall forward, I haven't seen enough yet to have a strong opinion but the little I have seen does seem to reinforce that.
Because Tabs negates Amiss’ game by crowding his space and getting in the ******* way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back