Preview Changes: R3 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Sigh, more of this “you’ll have to drag me/them kicking and screaming” shite coming from our seniors… it’s getting real hard to brush these comments off as jokes, the senior players are getting very defensive about their form/place in the side

You try telling Lairdy he’s playing back.

Sigh, more of this “you’ll have to drag me/them kicking and screaming” shite coming from our seniors… it’s getting real hard to brush these comments off as jokes, the senior players are getting very defensive about their form/place in the side

I have no problem with the senior players saying this. They are professional athletes wanting what's best for them. Laird and Smithers have played together for 10+ seasons.

This is where the coaches come in. Time to give Laird a choice. Either he moves to HBF/HFF or he can get as much midfield time as he wants against South Adelaide.

All you can do is laugh at the sop story coming from the coaches and Brodie himself: "aww guys he's totes sorry about his form - see how much he shook his fist in frustration on Friday?!?!!😭😭😭... Dodging a few training cones and the SANFL players during the week should fix it tho... He'll just try hardery for longery... And he DEFINITELY can't be dropped!!! Now what was I doing next?! Ah yes... PEDLAR! INTO MY OFFICE NOW!!!"

This must be the most awkward 250th i've ever seen. Seems like fans, coaches, media and even Brodie Smith himself know he's badly out of form, and doesn't deserve to play this week. And yet they are selecting him on a Tuesday to play his milestone in Fremantle, and giving the full puff piece on AFC media.

This must be the most awkward 250th i've ever seen. Seems like fans, coaches, media and even Brodie Smith himself know he's badly out of form, and doesn't deserve to play this week. And yet they are selecting him on a Tuesday to play his milestone in Fremantle, and giving the full puff piece on AFC media.

It’s called selection integrity.

Early days for stats to mean much and probably confounded but also saw mention we are #1 for clearances and inside 50s
Wow, that's damning. It means:
--- the clearances often result in I50s, but not to our forwards' advantage, or
--- once the ball is there, the forwards are not converting.
Bit of both, I reckon.
+
Intriguing that we can be so dominant yet so bad in the midfield. Clearly it all comes down to the way we set up in the forward line and the way we enter it.
This!! The difference between last year and now is use-of-ball and conversion when I50.

The grunt is there. The execution is not. I really miss Rahilly.
Our forwards are not going to forget the positive effects of what Rahilly showed them after one pre-season
UNLESS
VB and Nicks have changed delivery I50, and/or
Burns is trying to fix something that does not need fixing and is trying to change what the forwards had been doing which had clearly worked in 2023.

his straight kicking isn’t an issue

It’s the altitude
Got a good story about altitude.

One night, no moon, 3 of us fishing off Aldinga (I think) with only the bloke in the middle catching, not-bad salmon.
Often. Same rigs, same bait :confusedv1:.
My mate and I asked if he was casting deep. He said he was giving it a fair hoik, so we watched him. Fair enough, he was putting everything into the cast, so we did too. He kept catching, cast after cast :D; we did not :poov1:.

First light revealed the secret. His casting had more height than distance out. His baits were going WAAAAAY high into the sweet spot of a gutter only about 25m out. Ours were sailing 50-60m out into churned up water.
He laughed his head off.
We put some leftover pilchards under the driver's seat of his Ute :whistle:.

The Crows' delivery is a lot like that, WAAAAAY high, and on the nose.
Too bad our forwards are not hungry salmon :grimacing: .

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pity there isn't a preview thread up. Anyway, for the record, we have only payed two rounds. While the results are disappointing, there is a lot of 2024 yet to go. Things to address to be sure, but no need to develop panic disorder just yet. 'Keep calm and carry on', although not in exactly the same way. Selections will be interesting.

While the results are disappointing, there is a lot of 2024 yet to go. Things to address to be sure, but no need to develop panic disorder just yet. 'Keep calm and carry on', although not in exactly the same way.
I was patient and optimistic, like you ...
... back in 2016-17.

I started to feel it again towards the end of last year. Hope.
1711528816082.png
It's gone again after the first 2 rounds. They do not know what they are doing on-field any more.
Poor kicking/stagnant handballs/bomb-it-in/fumbles-and-hesitancy are all signs of mixed messages confusing the players.
I'll be happily amazed if the Crows make the Top 5-8 this year. I just can't see it. I hope I'm wrong.

All you can do is laugh at the sop story coming from the coaches and Brodie himself: "aww guys he's totes sorry about his form - see how much he shook his fist in frustration on Friday?!?!!😭😭😭... Dodging a few training cones and the SANFL players during the week should fix it tho... He'll just try hardery for longery... And he DEFINITELY can't be dropped!!! Now what was I doing next?! Ah yes... PEDLAR! INTO MY OFFICE NOW!!!"
Perfect and exactly how it will play out - sorry Pedlar back to find form.

Butts left track early with his ankle - but said he should still be right.

Sloane now doing contact training

Tex also says King should watch himself calling our midfield vanilla

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like the group think is delusional - will be another wasted season unless they pull their heads out of their arses.

Well looking at Sanfl squad there are 29 available players not named.

Berry
Burgess
Borlase
Butts
Crouch
Dawson
Fogarty
Himmelberg
Hinge
Jones
Keane
Keays
Laird
McHenry
Michalanney
Milera
Murphy
Nankervis
O’Brien
Pedlar
Rachele
Rankine
Sholl
Smith
Soligo
Thilthorpe
Walker
Soligo
Worrell

Rankine and Rachelle certainly haven’t been shy in pushing their desire for midfield time in the media

That interview sounds like he is desperate to change that mix and I reckon there is (and may build over time into a issue) a bit of frustration at the coaches not handing over the keys so to speak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back