Review Round 5, 2024 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Dixon & Hinkley QT meeting:
Super Bowl 2024: What Travis Kelce said to Andy Reid during angry Super  Bowl spray revealed

The commentary was "Surely one day we'll see Marshall in an AA jumper"...... other commentators, holding back their laughing.... "Ah, it'll be tough he has to be in the top couple tall forwards in the comp for that"

Yeah, he's never going near AA.

Draino is an absolute moron. Marshall in AA is at least marginally more realistic than Dixon kicking 100 goals, which he also said. He's on a different planet

Dixon & Hinkley QT meeting:
Super Bowl 2024: What Travis Kelce said to Andy Reid during angry Super  Bowl spray revealed

Hinkley smirking and chuckling at the conclusion of that exchange was the most Hinkley thing ever.

Whatever Dixon’s issue was, it probably deserved to be taken seriously, whether he was right (you could learn something) or wrong (potential insubordination).

But nah, just chuckle and waddle off to the dugout.

If Dixon and JHFs kicks were reversed, eg. Dixon's shot was to take the lead rather than just to draw us close, does anyone think he would have actually kicked it?

He's always been able to get the one that makes it close. Then he does the big scary face. But if it's actually to WIN, he shits his dacks.

If Dixon and JHFs kicks were reversed, eg. Dixon's shot was to take the lead rather than just to draw us close, does anyone think he would have actually kicked it?

He's always been able to get the one that makes it close. Then he does the big scary face. But if it's actually to WIN, he shits his dacks.

I didn't think Charlie would kick the one he did. Was pleasantly surprised/relieved.

Have to remember he hasn't played a game in 4 weeks
Not 4 weeks at all. Remember he wasn’t allowed to play the last pre season game, then opening round happened and then rounds 1-4. The guy hasn’t played for a decade. He should have had an SANFL hitout honestly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get me wrong, I like Soldo, I just reckon Jackson had more impact on the game tonight than he did.
There are times when getting those possessions are important, last night wasn’t one of them. I didn’t think Jackson had any real impact on the game, and each touch he had was one less Serong or Young had.

13 more touches for only 35 extra metres gained, same amount of marks, one less i50, one less score involvement. As opposed to Soldo having 13 more HOs to advantage.

There are times when getting those possessions are important, last night wasn’t one of them. I didn’t think Jackson had any real impact on the game, and each touch he had was one less Serong or Young had.

13 more touches for only 35 extra metres gained, same amount of marks, one less i50, one less score involvement. As opposed to Soldo having 13 more HOs to advantage.

You talk about the impact of Jackson's possessions but what about the impact of Soldo's hitouts to advantage? I can't remember too many clean clearances from us. All I remember is Soldo tapping it to one of our players who was then immediately tackled by a Freo player.

Freo did a number on us at stoppages, they completely took our biggest weapon away. Jackson was part of that.

The fact we still won despite that was a good effort.

You talk about the impact of Jackson's possessions but what about the impact of Soldo's hitouts to advantage? I can't remember too many clean clearances from us. All I remember is Soldo tapping it to one of our players who was then immediately tackled by a Freo player.

Freo did a number on us at stoppages, they completely took our biggest weapon away. Jackson was part of that.

The fact we still won despite that was a good effort.

The last quarter ball ups seemed to be a repeat of Soldo pushing the ball in front of himself and the Freo mids reading it better. Happened three times in quick succession on the eastern wing. Our mids were more focused on their opponents than the ball.

Wanted to like this twice. So true. I'm absolutely filthy at both of them. Selfish bastards. Not a club bone in their body.
Lets just consider dixon for this overreach. Cannot doubt his effort for the team over his power time so how is that selfish? How do you distinguish a club bone from a not club bone?

Jackson killed Soldo. Hitouts and hitouts to advantage have no correlation with winning a game or even winning clearances. its the most pointless stat in the AFL.
Aren't you the dude who has spent the last decade shitting on Brodie Grundy and Tim English despite them being the exact type of rucks who lose the hitouts but dominate around the ground?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back