Review Round 6, 2024 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I suppose publicly that's all he can say. You'd hope though behind closed doors he'll call it as it is.
Nah man, you can say a lot less than that, be vague and don't be condescending. If you haven't got anything nice and uncontroversial to say then you can say the bare minimum.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I'm not against two ruck combos however they need to be players that compliment each other not two lumbering dinosaurs, it ended in the obvious way anyone sane knew before the game Sweet in the sub vest.
Brogan was on radio talking about how him and Lade used to compliment each other. Lade was the forward and tap ruckman, Brogan was crash and bash then get behind the ball in defence.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

It's getting almost impossible to take this club seriously any longer and it starts at the top. Having Koch as a leader of this club has killed us. Koch knows nothing about footy. Nothing at all. He never has but his public profile has saved him from scrutinyand allowed him to dictate what transpires within the club on every level.

Board appointees, coaching appointees, possible recruits that don't fit the good guys image. Koch has the end say on all of that.

In time David Koch will be known as the enemy within, the person that killed off the PAFC we all knew to replace it with an eastern seaboard, soft, leftish, morally superior, insular group of pretenders who are more interested in pretending and playing out a life as an elite AFL footballer than actually doing something.

And to keep his delusions going he has been joined by Hinkley, a guy that once again knows nothing apart from being a good guy and father figure to players.

They enable each other. Koch protects Hinkley, Hinkley protects the worst assemble of coaches within the AFL, the coaches protect the players and on and on we go. Same story every year, same results every week. We beat who we should and embarrass ourselves when we know we will. It's like clockwork.

You could write a thesis on what's actually wrong and has been for years but all you need to do is open any gameday or review thread over the past 10 years or so and when we lose it's always the same players, the same coaching, the same results.

Basically, we have a Board that hasn't a clue, a coaching group that is much the same and a playing group that refuse to accept reality.

Disgusting, soft, front-running crap today highlighted by the worst leadership group I have ever seen - that's another one on KEN.

Just sick to death of being embarrassed by this club but I suppose the learnings will invaluable as we eagerly await our next horror show.
Unfortunately club we once knew is no longer. Koch has completely turned it into an AFL franchise. Where balance sheets are all that matters.

Anyone willing to demand change, even question it, is chased away as a heretic and replaced with new paying customers.

I no longer talk Ports with my son, he still goes "just for the social side". Anytime he tries bringing up the subject I refer to him and his mates as being "Part of the problem".

I'm really happy with the talls in defence this year. We are better balanced. However there are a couple of blokes down there that s**t the bed every time they are challenged in a big game. We all know who they are and we just have to make change. Enough is enough. I'm genuinely feeling fatigued watching it.

Blaming a bye is pretty ******* soft after that performance only 6 games in. Cry me a river ffs

EDIT- Not a very Port like response to a loss
lol did you read my post at all before you had a cry you idiot? It started with “Not that it was the difference at all”.

Was an atrocious mindset leading out from quarter time and a repeated narcissistic display under the current tutelage. Showboating with poor percentage plays and peacocking the simple to make life difficult.

Champagne taste with a beer budget.

Last edited:
He also said something like 'the fans want a premiership tomorrow' in a condescending way after hysteria callers. Tredders has now joined the dark side I'm afraid.

I want a Premiership yesterday, today and tomorrow

How on earth can we have a player exodus unless we're stupid enough to write contracts that have that option in them (don't answer that, we probably are :()? These are privileged young men, doing what they love for salaries most of us can only fantasize about, and only have to work 9 months a year (8 at Port). They're not risking all that to jump ship with the biggest losing coach in A/VFL history (only 5 weeks to go until we get that trophy folks).
Preaching to the converted here. But contracts mean nothing now. Hinks has his hooks into our Vic young guns and the club fears they’ll go back home if Ken is sacked. Richardson said this privately to a group at the AGM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game plan does not stack up

It never has stacked up and It will never stack up against the best.

We are wasting our time.

Why can’t the board see this.
The board do not care.

How many of them, were they not on the board, would have a port membership and go watch the games as a private citizen?

The board is appointed by the AFL, they have a set of KPIs they have to meet that will be bs like attendance, merchandising revenue per supporter, %of support base who subscribe to kayo etc...and as long as we meet those, boards happy, AFLs happy.

Sadly its an outdated notion that the board is filled with generational supporters who "bleed black and white".

Preaching to the converted here. But contracts mean nothing now. Hinks has his hooks into our Vic young guns and the club fears they’ll go back home if Ken is sacked. Richardson said this privately to a group at the AGM.
Ugh. In that case I guess longer term we're better off without them. But I still don't believe it would happen.

Resting Dixon when Lord and Finlayson wasn’t available was a dumb idea. Particularly given Sweet and Soldo couldn’t take a contested mark.

If you’re going to keep bombing to the wing, at least have someone who can take a big contested mark. The dumb game plan wasn’t matched to match selection.
I don't know about that. I looked to me Stinkers highly nuanced solution was Soldo can be Charlie and Sweety can be Soldo.

I'm a genus says Stinkley

Marshall in the car park?
Marshall is like the forward version of Kane Cornes. Usually we are already in scoring range but pass off to him on a worse angle. and thats his entire contribution to our forwardline.

does he have any idea how to kick from the pocket? nope. Most of them bend away from the goal

Marshall is like the forward version of Kane Cornes. Usually we are already in scoring range but pass off to him on a worse angle. and thats his entire contribution to our forwardline.

does he have any idea how to kick from the pocket? nope. Most of them bend away from the goal

Please go on

Pop Corn GIF by chescaleigh

I watched the presser, Hinkley had no idea what happened. Babbled some incoherent nonsense then left. Did seem to understand how bad we were, not sure how long that will last.

He thought JHF was cramp, Bergman rolled an ankle, both should be ok. Jones may have pulled a hamstring.
Hinkley fabricating again? Saw JHF talking to the doc and gesturing. When do you get cramp in the hamstring?

Nothing about this was lost at selection. It's not Sweet. Or McEntee. Or Dixon. Or Mead. Or whoever anyone wants to single out.
Actually the consistency is remarkable. Almost always beating bottom 10 teams. Almost never beating top 8 ones. For years. Irrespective of who we recruit. Get rucks, get tall defenders, have a superstar draft. It makes no difference. We'll whallop St Kilda next week, probably be 4th or so then lose to whatever premiership contender comes next.
Not bottoming out is good enough for the board. Ken's doing too well out of this to ever leave but he just doesn't have it in him to prepare a genuine premiership contender.
Bloody well said

*No sarcasm

A lot of the game is played in the head.
Ports are bipolar. All the highs & lows on display in one game. They need a whole group of shrinks to study them to work out what their mental defect is.
I believe champions are born. Jhf has it. He is a champ, hates to lose, super competitive, lifts in big moments on the big stage.
Some of the others are chokers. A bit of pressure & they go to water. They are just there for the party & good times & doing donuts in their modified commodores but have zero appetite for the tough stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back