West Coast Eagles Priority Pick (2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast have seriously only been crap for 2 years. This is only the 3rd year if it even ends up becoming a terrible year.

Eagles missed finals twice from 2011-2020. They were 9th in 2021 and bottom 2 in 2022 and 2023. Not to mention, they won a Premiership in 2018.

Priority pick talk for West Coast is an while away IMO. If they are still bad in 2026 (or maybe in 2025 depending on how bad), then OK. If not, then we have our answer on whether they need it
I already feel vindicated. West Coast can shove that priority pick up Harley Reid's behind for all I care. They absolutely should not get one this year. Their list is in much better shape than North Melbourne's was when they got one.

There’s a better chance of Cindi Crawford and Linda evangelista bashing my door down and demanding a threesome then finding out it was my wife’s idea than us getting a pp this year.
Bro, we're a Margot Robbie/Dua Lipa group of supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Unprecedented injury run."

Seriously delusional and why you shouldn't get a PP.

Some humility and self awareness is needed here and you need to acknowledge your list management strategy has been absolutely horrendous.

The injury thing is complete bullshit and been debunked many times.

Half your list isn't AFL standard and Injuries have nothing to do with it.

You're senior stars or either unfit or s**t.

Add to the on field effort, defence, chase and tackle is absolutely appalling. Which is a coaching issue.

The only bloke who has fronted up every week and been professional is Tim Kelly.

And that team gave the Swans a good run for their money leading at half time and have won the next two.

Hmmmmm. Shows you have no idea doesnt it!

You won a flag more recently - go back one space.

So did the Bulldogs and Collingwood. And both have benefited from academy and father son access?

So its ok for decent sides to win a flag and still get academy kids like JUH and multiple father son access? But struggling clubs deserve nothing.

Maybe fans should be question why the AFL allowed that and continues to allow successful teams access others do not have or rarely comes about.

No to any priority picks for the Eagles. They just got Reid as a gift from North Melbourne, Gold Coast have been able to build incredibly in the past few years so it can be done, but they better be quick with a new team coming it isn't a good time to be down the bottom. The AFL have three teams currently who are equally in the mire.

Suns have built an incredible list so the Eagles can too?

Where have you been?

Happy to build the exact same way the Suns have thanks. Priority pre draft access to NT talent, extra rookie spots and unlimited academy access.

No need for priority picks if any team has that.

Suns have built an incredible list so the Eagles can too?

Where have you been?

Happy to build the exact same way the Suns have thanks. Priority pre draft access to NT talent, extra rookie spots and unlimited academy access.

No need for priority picks if any team has that.
I did say NO to any priority picks. They can build just like Gold Coast, but they better get a move on, the Eagles need a couple more Harley Reid types before anyone takes them seriously. The Suns list building has yet to be proven without any finals appearances, they're on their way, but until they win a final and make the top 4 the Suns will remain a team in waiting. The Eagles are still a team with their heads on the block.

Good news for the struggling teams: if they're in the bottom four with a few weeks to go, the AFL media and most fans are now in favour of tanking.
Until another Carlton or Melbourne happens then they will all put their hands on their hearts and tell us how it breeds a losing culture.

5 or 6 wins this year is feasible for them so a PP is unnecessary for them.
i always thought looking at our fixtures and with a healthier list we could win up to seven home games
Allways thought Richmond even before their injuries were beatable but thier horror injuries (not as bad as ours last year) made it easier. As for the Dockers i always thought a home derby was possible and people forget they do have a reasonable injury list which helped us. With a healthy list and a few key players to come back hopefully 5-8 wins which will mean we don't need a PP.
If we are competitive we might even be able to attract a free agent or two which is preferable to a PP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back