0-23?

Will north win a game in 2024?

• Yes

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 59.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

4 years of top end draft picks & we have the worst list I can recall seeing. On par, if not worse than Fitzroy of the mid-90's. How is that possible????

And it absolutely shlts me that we need extra help from the AFL to get out of this mess. The draft (as compromised as it is) should be enough for a club to work its way out of a mess. But we seem hell bent on self-sabotage, mixed in with incompetence & a sprinkling of bad luck.

I'm a big believer in sport, life or whatever - you get yourself in a mess. You get yourself out of it. But I don't think NMFC is capable of that. Not with the poor leadership on and off the field.
Its a mixture of Bad Recruiting, Bad Trading and a bit of bad luck.

To be honest, the midfield and forward line isnt that bad. the back 6 is letting your side down.

Norths KPD stocks are either young or experienced guys that are not good or injured.

Larkey is a good KPF. If North had a tall defender in the quality of Larkey, North would be a much better squad.

Its a mixture of Bad Recruiting, Bad Trading and a bit of bad luck.

To be honest, the midfield and forward line isnt that bad. the back 6 is letting your side down.

Norths KPD stocks are either young or experienced guys that are not good or injured.

Larkey is a good KPF. If North had a tall defender in the quality of Larkey, North would be a much better squad.

FM, 4 of our back 6 aren't on the ground, and l'm on repeat here;
. Logue, K.Dawson Goater, Bergman.

You people think this every year ...if you were to bet your house on it, every single one of youse will say yes so I think everyone should learn how to regulate their emotions better and not post irrelevant useless crap...

if you did that, you will see we have lost so much age and experience, individually the improvement of most players has been amazing...this year has been the most improvement we've had in a long time. You shouldn't view our improvement in a vacuum

If you have any issues with this post then I sincerely hope your personal circumstances improve 🙏

Best chance Tigers rd.21 & Wet Toast in Tassie rd.22

Tigers fallen off a cliff rapidly and racking up injuries. Be a few guys on last legs ( see Grimes, Nank, Prestia ) and the injured might be booking early surgery > 2025.

Wet Toast in Tassie ? If they are still on 2 wins and a chance at another no.1 pick ? Why not ?

Best chance Tigers rd.21 & Wet Toast in Tassie rd.22

Tigers fallen off a cliff rapidly and racking up injuries. Be a few guys on last legs ( see Grimes, Nank, Prestia ) and the injured might be booking early surgery > 2025.

Wet Toast in Tassie ? If they are still on 2 wins and a chance at another no.1 pick ? Why not ?
Personally I can’t see it but I guess there’s always a bit of hope 🙏

I just can’t wait to see the guys’ reactions when that win finally happens!

The only hopes are Richmond and West Coast in Tassie as already mentioned.

The Tigers game will depend on who they have back by then and knowing our luck could be a farewell game for some players.

Every other game is a complete write off.

So we 'lost' mckay and logue down back and only replaced one with an inexperienced (but good) chom.
Also lost a silver service ruck and didn't fix the second tall forward issue.

why did i actually believe 2024 was going to be better than 2023?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You people think this every year ...if you were to bet your house on it, every single one of youse will say yes so I think everyone should learn how to regulate their emotions better and not post irrelevant useless crap...

if you did that, you will see we have lost so much age and experience, individually the improvement of most players has been amazing...this year has been the most improvement we've had in a long time. You shouldn't view our improvement in a vacuum

If you have any issues with this post then I sincerely hope your personal circumstances improve 🙏

We've struggled to get within 6 goals of the next worst sides in the competition. Going winless is a very real prospect, regardless of how infrequently that's happened in the past.

Regardless of how much we may improve in the second half of the season (and that’s doubtful), there’s not a club in the league that’s going to want that stench against their name….we ain’t winning this year, I’ve accepted it and moved on.

FM, 4 of our back 6 aren't on the ground, and l'm on repeat here;
. Logue, K.Dawson Goater, Bergman.
K dawson? Dont you mean Kallan dawson? The bloke is a 196 cm mature aged tall defender. 25 years old and only played 9 games.

Griffen Logue? Yeah I rate him. He used to play for the dockers. 192 cm tall. Bloke can play as a Centre half back or as a 3rd tall on a back flank or back pocket.

Goater is a 190 cm tall defender / mid. I just noticed he did his ACL and is out for the season.

How Long is Miller Bergman out?

I reckon once you guys get Kallan Dawson and Griffen Logue back after the by or in the 2nd half of the season , North will have a good chacne to win a couple of games.

K dawson? Dont you mean Kallan dawson? The bloke is a 196 cm mature aged tall defender. 25 years old and only played 9 games.

Griffen Logue? Yeah I rate him. He used to play for the dockers. 192 cm tall. Bloke can play as a Centre half back or as a 3rd tall on a back flank or back pocket.

Goater is a 190 cm tall defender / mid. I just noticed he did his ACL and is out for the season.

I reckon once you guys get Kallan Dawson and Griffen Logue back after the by or in the 2nd half of the season , North will have a good chacne to win a couple of games.

Bergman has played the last two in the VFL.

K.Dawson - 2022 m s.d. pick and was beginning to find his feet and becoming a player.

Logue - you know, ACL 2023, now a hammie concern but had been training well.

Goater - achilles rd.3, 12 months.

Bergman - Broken jaw, missed 6 / 7 weeks, played last 2 VFL games.

J. Archer - injured early season and finally jagged a game the last 2 weeks. Playing with a # ankle, but it doesn't seem to bother him.

Last edited:
4 years of top end draft picks & we have the worst list I can recall seeing. On par, if not worse than Fitzroy of the mid-90's. How is that possible????

And it absolutely shlts me that we need extra help from the AFL to get out of this mess. The draft (as compromised as it is) should be enough for a club to work its way out of a mess. But we seem hell bent on self-sabotage, mixed in with incompetence & a sprinkling of bad luck.

I'm a big believer in sport, life or whatever - you get yourself in a mess. You get yourself out of it. But I don't think NMFC is capable of that. Not with the poor leadership on and off the field.
Agreed, I certainly wasn’t doing cartwheels when we received our assistance over the last two years.

Frankly, it’s pathetic that we even had to ask, and I couldn’t GAF that others have got it in the past.

If you get yourself into it due to rank incompetence, you get yourself out of it.

Agreed, I certainly wasn’t doing cartwheels when we received our assistance over the last two years.

Frankly, it’s pathetic that we even had to ask, and I couldn’t GAF that others have got it in the past.

If you get yourself into it due to rank incompetence, you get yourself out of it.
Yes Sir. Let me tell you a story. Back in the early '90's when I was as high as a grasshopper, I used to frequent the local TAB a fair bit. My mum (God bless her sole), gave me AU$365 to pay my school fees as you couldn't do it online back then as the internet hadn't been invented by Google yet. So I'm a 16 year old kid, and I have AU$365 in cold hard cash in my sky pocket. My best mate - Fat Albert (his name was Albert & he suffered from anorexia) - gives me a tip at Albion Park - Ramblin' Roger - It can't lose he reckons. And it's paying a cool $21. So I plonk the whole $365 on Ramblin' to win. The adrenalin was pumping. Unfortunately, Ramblin galloped at the start & finished last by 7-8 lengths. I look around to give Fats a spinning kick to the head, but he's nowhere to be seen. And to this day, I've never seen him again. But then the reality hits me as the song Trouble by Lindsey Buckingham starts playing in the background. I'll never forget it. I started humming to it, but soon realised that wasn't gonna help.

Now, did I go home and sook & cry pleading for another $365 from my Old Cheese? No. I screwed up. I need to fix this. So for the next month, every Sunday morning, I'd don my Adidas 3 Stripe Tracksuit. I'd tell my mum I'm going break dancing, but instead, I hit the pavement preaching the Good News, and telling people about Baby Jesus. I soon had enough cash to at least pay part of my school fees. Problem solved. Just like 30 years ago when you could you know what?
As a footnote, by mid-year, the school contacted my mum about the partial payment still owing. I walk in the door after a tough day at school & she comes at me with this meat tenderizer thing she used on us occasionally!!! Luckily I had a couple of ninja stars on me, and went BANG, BANG! She soon got it.

What is staggering is that clearly the AFL have no idea either. They were handing out pissy picks last year and threatening to take even them back if we didn't trade them. They are giving us help as if they think we are just foxing for draft picks and it will turn around the minute they give us a pick 2 to go with pick 1. They are more delusional than our club is if they think a couple of second rounders will help make this team more immediately competitive. They need to find a way to get 3-4 strong AFL level players to this team by any means necessary so that we can retire the worst 4 offenders and have some semblance of a base that the younger talent can build around.

The part that annoys me the most is that so many uneducated opposition supporters go out with the “they don’t deserve anymore help”, “remove them from the AFL”, but the truth is, the picks we have had over the last two years have either been forced to be traded to opposition teams and have just added more kids who need time to develop.

Back