Traded 1. Brianna Davey - Traded to Collingwood - Post #167

Remove this Banner Ad

Its obviously a ploy to hang onto Davey or she would definitely have been a target of the expansion teams next year. Offering the Captaincy pretty much ensures she stays.

Its interesting that Carltons Leadership group is chosen by the coaches instead of the playing group. A bit harsh on Arnell I would have thought..

Arnell will always be our first captain, lead out our players for the first every AFLW game and was the winning captain in the first ever AFLW game. She would be pretty proud of that. She's not one of the stars of the women's game, just an experienced head who does the right things at the right time. She also works at the club and has been helping with coaching so that will be her future path.

princes park - seriously, what a dump

Yrxu4gl.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok so I've been cheesed off about the approach of Carlton Media from time to time, but now I'm actually infuriated.

Rather than dig in, and create a documentary series ala The Journey for the whole women's team, we get this. I'd be close to having rage blackouts if we saw a Docherty equivalent of this instead of The Journey.

Ok so I've been cheesed off about the approach of Carlton Media from time to time, but now I'm actually infuriated.

Rather than dig in, and create a documentary series ala The Journey for the whole women's team, we get this. I'd be close to having rage blackouts if we saw a Docherty equivalent of this instead of The Journey.
Yeah is does kinda suck, but I figure this is pretty cheap to do, 2-3 days filming one or two people at known locations (at the club, at her home, at hospital) and then follow up with some filming during training troughout the year and at the remaining matches showing Bri being sad she's sitting down and not playing.

But yeah, we needed a doco series for the women's team last year and they still havent done anything.

Yeah is does kinda suck, but I figure this is pretty cheap to do, 2-3 days filming one or two people at known locations (at the club, at her home, at hospital) and then follow up with some filming during training troughout the year and at the remaining matches showing Bri being sad she's sitting down and not playing.

But yeah, we needed a doco series for the women's team last year and they still havent done anything.
A 3-part series would be easy for them to find footage for: pre-season, first five rounds, then the back half of the season and the wash-up.

Intersperse it with some in-depth look at a few players day-to-day lives, and you've got 90 minutes of quality television IMO.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back