Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxy said today he hasn't trained yet, not sure if maxy is telling the truth
Misson said he was just about ready...think I'm going to take Misson over Max on this

Mitch Hannan said on SEN that he was training with the group, was a bit coy to be honest, and he wasn't sure if he was ready yet, but it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks.

Misson said he was just about ready...think I'm going to take Misson over Max on this
Not gonna lie, i think i'd trust Maxy over Misson for accuracy haha :D

Possibly meant that he hasn't done the session with the team, instead had just been doing fitness work. You'd think the fitness work would be the more important in his case.
How hard is it to play FF anyway, any defender could do it!

Lol. Would love to have somebody say that to Fev. Have you heard his crap on AFL Gameday? Constantly talking about how much better forwards are than defenders. Tom Mac schooled him on that one on Saturday night.

Playing forward is significantly harder than playing back, TMac played up forward as a junior so he is hardly a mug.

Don't think hogan will play, even if they name him I think they might pull a shifty and withdraw him. Rushing players back after one week of training hasn't been our thing.

Playing forward is significantly harder than playing back, TMac played up forward as a junior so he is hardly a mug.

Don't think hogan will play, even if they name him I think they might pull a shifty and withdraw him. Rushing players back after one week of training hasn't been our thing.
Don't know if you saw it, but Fev was also implying that the good players play in forward and the hacks play back. So when a backman goes forward and dominates, it's worth a mention, I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if you saw it, but Fev was also implying that the good players play in forward and the hacks play back. So when a backman goes forward and dominates, it's worth a mention, I think.

Exception not the rule.

Lynch and Neitz were gun defenders moved forward because they are harder to find lol

In saying that is it time to move Hogan to FB and play Tmac forward then. Hogan can take the big boys and Tmac can add defensive pressure that Hogan can't

It might have been the case to some extent that there was more 'craft' to playing forward. But its a lazy statement that has no meaning in the game now. The zone defence plus the importance of developing a rebound defence has changed the game for defenders.

Exception not the rule.

Lynch and Neitz were gun defenders moved forward because they are harder to find lol

In saying that is it time to move Hogan to FB and play Tmac forward then. Hogan can take the big boys and Tmac can add defensive pressure that Hogan can't
*Neitz was a gun forward who wasn't as good as Jako, Ox, Lyon so he started as a back in the AFL.

Exception not the rule.

Ridiculous. Hogan is a star CHF and TMac has played a few good games there while remaining one of the best defenders in the league. Tommy has howlers 1v1 sometimes but with Frost, Oscar, and Hibbard that's not necessarily his role anymore

Exception not the rule.

Nieldy you crazy son of a bitch. How have you been?

Ridiculous. Hogan is a star CHF and TMac has played a few good games there while remaining one of the best defenders in the league. Tommy has howlers 1v1 sometimes but with Frost, Oscar, and Hibbard that's not necessarily his role anymore
Star CHF is a little generous. He's a star CHF in the same way Brayshaw is a star midfielder

Star CHF is a little generous. He's a star CHF in the same way Brayshaw is a star midfielder
I don't remember Brayshaw ranking number one for the midfielder equivalent of contested marks for most of his first season. Hogan is genuinely in the second bracket of players for his type. As far as players in our squad go he is a star

Exception not the rule.

You've gone mad now, haven't you?

It was a pisstake. You guys are really rattled by the opposition supporters flooding this board hey lol
Modding a winning board is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back