Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the football club give a **** if you are a drinker at social events considering how much s**t AFL players get in trouble now for doing anything?

Prejudice lol, I'm prejudice because instead of slamming a whole organisation based on culture from 30 years ago I instead lay the blame at the individual ?
Either aboriginal culture states men should attack women in which case I don't really give a **** for not supporting that or Jurrah just acted like a **** head outside of racial or cultural justification who deserves to be called out for it.

If Jesse Hogan belted a couple of women not a single person would blame the ' drinking culture' of Melbourne

Another undercover racist who can't handle the truth of how Alcohol was introduced to Jurrah

Might want to change your username since Kent has finally been f###ed off

Why would the football club give a **** if you are a drinker at social events considering how much s**t AFL players get in trouble now for doing anything?

Prejudice lol, I'm prejudice because instead of slamming a whole organisation based on culture from 30 years ago I instead lay the blame at the individual ?
Either aboriginal culture states men should attack women in which case I don't really give a **** for not supporting that or Jurrah just acted like a **** head outside of racial or cultural justification who deserves to be called out for it.

If Jesse Hogan belted a couple of women not a single person would blame the ' drinking culture' of Melbourne

Violence against women happen more to non-indigenous women so don't go pointing fingers at the culture of Aboriginal people in Australia champ. Happens in every culture.

Never condemned Jurrah's actions in Alice Springs at all. Your the one trying to powder coat the fact the Club introduced Alcohol to Jurrah not the other way around.

Another undercover racist who can't handle the truth of how Alcohol was introduced to Jurrah

Might want to change your username since Kent has finally been f###ed off

Undercover racist?
Speechless at your idiocy

Go outside take a deep breath, then smack yourself in the forehead for coming to such conclusions

Undercover racist?
Speechless at your idiocy

Go outside take a deep breath, then smack yourself in the forehead for coming to such conclusions

Your views champ

Don't backtrack on your statement about the Indigenous culture now

I bet you are one of those flogs who have a lot to say on a keyboard but not in person

Your views champ

I bet you are one of those flogs who have a lot to say on a keyboard but not in person

You're carrying on like a bit of a pork chop. Who is responsible for Jurrah's actions? Liam Jurrah. Don't pass the buck.

Your views champ

Except that I was pointing out that indigenous culture wouldn't promote attacking women in revenge attacks you dumb campaigner.
Grab a dictionary and look up the word sarcasm after you are done smacking your forehead out the front.

Your views champ

Mate I think you May have misinterpreted the post - he was clearly making the point that indigenous culture was not to blame for his attacks on women, and he certainly hasn’t back tracked

I do believe that the drinking culture at Melbourne was particularly bad when he was at the club, that’s fair, and one of the reasons Skully left. Although of course ultimately the individual is responsible he certainly didn’t land in a good environment in that regard

Last edited:
His revenge act was too attack a woman with a tire iron? s**t indigenous culture is magical.

Except that I was pointing out that indigenous culture wouldn't promote attacking women in revenge attacks you dumb campaigner.
Grab a dictionary and look up the word sarcasm after you are done smacking your forehead out the front.

Your above post doesn't mention anything about your statement

s**t Indigenous culture is magical is what you said

Sarcasm and racism/prejudice views are 2 totally different things

Mate I think you May have misinterpreted the post - he was clearly making the point that indigenous culture was not to blame for his attacks on women, and he certainly hasn’t back tracked

I do believe that the drinking culture at Melbourne was particularly bad when he was at the club, that’s fair, and one of the reasons Skully left. Although of course ultimately the individual is responsible he certainly didn’t land in a good environment in that regard

Exactly my point of why he was shown the ropes around alcohol

Never touched a drop before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, the club was a basket case when Jurrah arrived.

If it was the current environment, I reckon it would have been identified and managed very differently. Liam was from a very different place and culture, and he would have needed some very supportive and close minding by the right people.

I remember reading that when the machete incident occurred, he was actually consoling the victim whilst he was attacking him - he obviously didn’t want to do it.

The path and bad decisions after that are largely his to be responsible for, but it’s hardly a shock that he struggled between his 2 lives.

I don’t think the MFC had anything but the best intentions for Liam, so I do not ‘blame’ them. The entire situation was incredibly complex and just as Liam was brought to a new world, his world was new to the people around him at Melbourne.

We can only wish him the best and hope that horizons were broadened and lessons were learnt by everyone.

what am i reading here , and what does this have to do with Hogan ?

Yes let’s go back t using his thread for its true purpose
- fan boys now wishing sooky Hogan bad luck and realizing how much he loves the rack
- skeptics like me hoping they were right
- comparing other players on our list that could be the next Judd/cousins/voss

:)

To be fair, the club was a basket case when Jurrah arrived.

If it was the current environment, I reckon it would have been identified and managed very differently. Liam was from a very different place and culture, and he would have needed some very supportive and close minding by the right people.

I remember reading that when the machete incident occurred, he was actually consoling the victim whilst he was attacking him - he obviously didn’t want to do it.

The path and bad decisions after that are largely his to be responsible for, but it’s hardly a shock that he struggled between his 2 lives.

I don’t think the MFC had anything but the best intentions for Liam, so I do not ‘blame’ them. The entire situation was incredibly complex and just as Liam was brought to a new world, his world was new to the people around him at Melbourne.

We can only wish him the best and hope that horizons were broadened and lessons were learnt by everyone.

The Club on the Field isn't to blame, the Club as a culture (Alcohol) is

The Club on the Field isn't to blame, the Club as a culture (Alcohol) is

Like I said, the club was a basket case when he arrived - on and off the field.

I don’t think anyone meant anything but the best for him though. In hindsight, the best thing for Liam might have been to never come to Melbourne.

I hope that it did serve a greater purpose though, by broadening horizons and developing further understanding of differing cultures.

Ran into a relative of Jurrah's through my work. Asked if she felt comfortable explaining to me what happened and why. She shed a little tear for Jurrah before telling me how he was an elder in what is known as a warrior tribe.

There are two types of indigenous tribes it seems. The peaceful type who allow other tribe members to pass through their land and don't perform revenge killings or acts. And the warrior or waring tribes who are generally much more prone to violence as part of their culture. If you look at a map of indigenous Australia, you'll notice a tribe controlled a much larger area than others around the Sydney/Canberra region. This is because it was a warrior tribe and conquered neighbouring lands. Anyway back to Jurrah.

A violent act was performed on Jurrah's family member and as elder it was expected that he performed a revenge act as dictated by his tribe's customs. If he did not do this, he would be cast out of the tribe. Being tribeless is the worst thing that can happen to an indigenous person. They're essentially without family, land, home or meaning. So Jurrah was put in an impossible situation. He had to choose his life in western culture or the culture he grew up in and felt he belonged in more.

When you take in all this info, you realise alcohol is a non factor. He probably consumed alcohol to get himself in a state of mind where he could actually perform what he had to do, knowing it would be the end of his AFL career.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did his relative tell you what his excuse was when he assaulted his wife?

His revenge act was too attack a woman with a tire iron? s**t indigenous culture is magical.

The "revenge act" was the initial offence which caused him to lose his spot with Melbourne, where he attacked a bloke with a machete. As for the assault on his ex-partner, that had nothing to do with indigenous culture and it's embarrassing you would come to that conclusion. That was just Jurrah being a s**t bloke. I'd guess the stress of juggling life between two conflicting cultures and losing his AFL career had driven him to alcohol which makes acts such as assaulting an ex-partner more likely to happen. Not an excuse, but you can see the cascade of events leading to where Jurrah is now.

That was exactly my point you ******* moron.
Of course aboriginal culture doesn't promote violence against women, my point was that the only thing responsible for Jurrahs behaviour was Liam Jurrah

I'm the moron?

You obviously were saying in a sarcastic way you believe Jurrah's indigenous culture caused him to attack a woman. You didn't recall the original incident with the bloke and the machete. It was only after people brought up the original incident and called you out for your mistake that you backtracked. Instead of owning your mistake, learning from it and moving on, you throw out accusations that everyone else misinterpreted your post's meaning. Which is an embarrassing and desperate attempt to save face

Now maybe you aren't full of it and you didn't initially mean what you said and people read your post wrong. If that's the case, your post is so poorly written that you can excuse people for coming to the conclusion you believe indigenous culture was what caused Jurrah to attack his ex-partner. But no, just call them morons from your self perceived seat on top of the bigfooty throne oh mighty one.

Last edited:
You and your mate are as dumb as dog s**t.

I've agreed with the vast majority of what you posted over the years. I think Schmutt and I were the only ones to side with you regarding Hogan prior to him being traded. We both had the same concerns over Gus' disposal efficiency. Generally I find you to be a pretty logical, switched on bloke with his finger on the pulse. But not this :D

I've agreed with the vast majority of what you posted over the years. I think Schmutt and I were the only ones to side with you regarding Hogan prior to him being traded. We both had the same concerns over Gus' disposal efficiency. Generally I find you to be a pretty logical, switched on bloke with his finger on the pulse. But not this :D

Mate I'm bloody frustrated that what was ment to be a sarcastic line has been taken completely in the wrong context. I got the timeline of the incidents mixed up yes but me point was that if you are using his indigenous background to excuse him from the machete attack, then what excuse does he have for attacking women. None of my post had anything to do with indigenous culture which I have tried to explain to old mate who branded me a racist and prejudist.
s**t maybe I'll use a couple of extra emojis next time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back