Moved Thread #1: Majak Daw -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any excuse will do:

Music on the next one has been done.

Maynard is doing lyrics and whatnot.

They've signed the same producer as 10,000 days.

We're closer than we've been for a long time.

They're also speaking about releasing their back catalog onto a streaming service

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought Majak did reasonably well under the circumstances, but he's no Tarrant.

What Robbie brings in terms of organization and "captaining the backline" is nigh on irreplaceable.

Yeah some interesting opinions regarding Maj and club thought processes for 2018 and beyond, putting aside the arrogant and blind hatred of ever being wrong posts.

The truth is BS wants Maj in the side, he is a believer, another curly one Thompson only made the list in 2018 by the skin of his teeth, not so sure we'll see him in a struggling outfit in 2019. Actually I am pretty sure....

Nielson has been delisted once during the season and has not set the world on fire in 2018, also no certainty to be at North in 2019.
How's Durds going, " zero intensity"...

So that leaves B Mac with one game under his belt and a soon to be 30 year old Tarrant.

I still believe he's a ruck/fwd and I ponder how much better he could be in a better side. Imagine him playing against us up fwd with how little pressure we apply to the ball carrier and how loose our defense is. Crickey he'd have some ****en highlights then.
Yep. :stern look

Aug 21, 2011
Basement of the J. Edgar Hoover Building
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester City, Melbourne Victory
He would be perfect for that role with better footy nous and depth perception. Unfortunately they're things you can't teach.

Him as a loose man option does give us some positonal flexibility with our depth, if required. But it's Taz all the way.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
daw is your leigh brown type, under a good coach he is a gem as he has all the right asset. Just like count dooku said to anakin in revenge of the sith, 'i sense great confusion in you boy, you've got anger, you've got hate, but you don't use it....' Daw in defense gives him the chance to fully utilize his assets and there is no pressure for him to do something, ie marking and kicking the goal. The success criteria is much lower as if he just lays his hand on it, the defensive effort is a success. If he can leap and take a big mark, well it big success. As a forward anything other than a mark and goal is considered a failure.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Good defender, good second ruck, starting to look like an afl footballer.

Are you on board Snake_Baker ?

It's time the selectors stopped embarrassing the bloke.

He's back up ruckman. That's it.

You gotta hand it to THE most polarising player on this board, consistently delivers a bit of everything, from the superb to the face palm, and a good range of in between, fwiw, i'm on the pro side, go Maj, :thumbsu:

Pretty good effort in wet and windy conditions.

He got to the right places all night and if he can start clunking a lot more of those easy misses he'd be actually very good.

Seemed to have a much better chemistry with helping Goldie out in the ruck too by letting him hang out the back of the pack a bit which is a bonus and means Brown isn't risked.

Keep trying Maj!

Last edited:

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
Loved his attack on the ball in the air crashing the pack at times. One thing firrito used to do that we lacked since he retired. Made some mistakes but did well and will stay in. In terms of his run in the last qtr seemed lack of talk from mcmillan there. Did well getting around the first player then caught by garlett

Just watched the replay and kept a pretty close eye on him. Sure, a few of his errors did have a certain canine testicle-esque quality to them, and at times he does need to show a little more urgency in dangerous situations, but the positives comfortably outweighed the negatives tonight. Again competed well in the air and registered some top notch spoils. Thought his tapwork when swung into the Ruck was superior to Goldy's, too.

His strengths add a different (positive) dimension to the Backline, and IMO he continues to show enough to persist with playing him there.

Led the way on 1%-ers, too, with 8. (Next best was Taz with 4.)

Some other stats -

Disposals - 12 (7 contested)
Marks - 3 (but was robbed of another one on the Wing where he clearly held it for long enough, and only eventually dropped the pill because Casboult chopped his f'ing arm)
R50's - 3
I50's - 1
Hemistrt - 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back