Player Watch #1 - Jesse Hogan - traded to Freo - #fistedforever

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when his goal kicking was criticized for being no good?

Kicking @ 76% accuracy for goal this year.

Guess his goal kicking isn't that bad.

Also remember when large parts of the media were starting to say he might not become the star he was expected to be?

League rankings for 2018
2nd for total goals
5th for marks inside 50
6th for total marks
2nd for score involvements

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remember when his goal kicking was criticized for being no good?

Kicking @ 76% accuracy for goal this year.

Guess his goal kicking isn't that bad.

Also remember when large parts of the media were starting to say he might not become the star he was expected to be?

League rankings for 2018
2nd for total goals
5th for marks inside 50
6th for total marks
2nd for score involvements

Just because he is kicking well now doesn't mean his goal kicking wasn't crap. It was
Same logic applies to Petracca. His crap kicking this year doesn't mean he wasn't a dead eye last year.

Just because he is kicking well now doesn't mean his goal kicking wasn't crap. It was
Same logic applies to Petracca. His crap kicking this year doesn't mean he wasn't a dead eye last year.
Hogan goal kicking averages
2015 - 70%
2016- 55%
2017- 77%
2018- 76%
career- 67%

One not so great year, the rest extremely good

I don't know if I've ever seen a player add 20m to his kick without getting stronger. His ball drop was that horrific early.
His ball drop is still awful. Every time I see his kicking action in slow mo I think WTF... he drops it at a different angle every time but somehow it works.

His ball drop is still awful. Every time I see his kicking action in slow mo I think WTF... he drops it at a different angle every time but somehow it works.

I'm still worried that he will lose confidence again and his kicking will go to s**t because it's such a random action. But he is in control of it at the moment

I don't know if I've ever seen a player add 20m to his kick without getting stronger. His ball drop was that horrific early.
few years of conditioning after back and groin issues probably helped too, don't know what his kicking was like as a junior or at casey in 2013

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Judd on footy classifieds saying Hogan is the best player in the competition at the moment.

Thing is I think Tmac Gawn and Oliver are better players for us. You could certainly for all 4.

I always thought it was a hypothetical thing, don't remember actually seeing one.
No it used to come in tins. Well before I was born though. I know this because I live in a historic converted biscuit factory that started out doing ships biscuits and preserves like fruit and vegetable relishes and jams and so forth. Anyhoo the factory did jam in tins. I’m pretty sure Jesse would have been able to kick over them though.

No it used to come in tins. Well before I was born though. I know this because I live in a historic converted biscuit factory that started out doing ships biscuits and preserves like fruit and vegetable relishes and jams and so forth. Anyhoo the factory did jam in tins. I’m pretty sure Jesse would have been able to kick over them though.
I'm 27 and can remember buying tinned jam from Safeway. I'd say it's only been gone for 15 years or so.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Sounds like a glorious place to live!

I still have doubts he can handle the big stage. Tom Mcdonald stood up in spite of the midfield while Hogan was irrelevant.

He has a fundamental flaw with his marking technique, he runs underneath the footy and tries to jump straight up which means he nearly marks it behind him. It makes his arms weak and is the reason he is so poor one on one.
When the pressure was on it looked like he was hiding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back