Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - Rd9 AFL Rising Star Nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

The guy who won last week had 22 touches, kicked a goal and had FOUR goal assists in a win.

Same way it wouldn't be a surprise if Windsor got the nomination this week, as he came up with some big moments and impacted a high profile game.
Exactly he will be stiffed AGAIN!

The guy who won last week had 22 touches, kicked a goal and had FOUR goal assists in a win.

Same way it wouldn't be a surprise if Windsor got the nomination this week, as he came up with some big moments and impacted a high profile game.
Was dreadful this week 6 possessions . Colby has been stiff in getting Nominated a few times .

What does this week have to do with last week's nomination?

McKercher will get a nomination, if not this week then very soon
The kid who got it last week played 2 games Colby’s played every game . He’s actually played more than 2 good games. The Deer kid might get it before Colby and Windsor seems a bit odd .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok let’s be clear here: and I hate playing victim.

But if Colby had 30 for any other club he would have been the Rising Star nom without question.

His 30 touches v Adelaide, had they been gathered on ANZAC Day at the G it would have been a certainty, regardless of effectiveness.

It’s a joke.

Windsor was significantly worse than McKercher according to Champion Data too.
I told you 30 disposals from a first year player was meaningless compared to someone getting 15ish and a goal. Especially two weeks in a row, just means its even less special...

I wouldn't bank on that.
May not be a full time mid a la George Wardlaw, LDU or Powell. Needs to build his tank, no doubt. Playing for Gippy Power last year, he played as the No'1 midfield in that team and floated forward to take marks inside 50 and kick goals. The kid is only 18. Very presumption of you to have doubt that he can play midfield in the future. You don't know what the kid is capable of.

People sure are starved round here desperately clinging to rising star noms.

I couldn't care less about the. How many did carey, mckernan and mickey martyn get?

Nuffin award.
Oh yeah . So you’re saying you didn’t enjoy Sheezle getting it last year right and George nominated for it this year.

I told you 30 disposals from a first year player was meaningless compared to someone getting 15ish and a goal. Especially two weeks in a row, just means its even less special...
It's the old "AnYoNE cAn GeT cHeAp ToUcHeS oFf the BaCkLinE" argument. Even though there is only like a handful of players who actually can get 30+ consistently playing back there.

May not be a full time mid a la George Wardlaw, LDU or Powell. Needs to build his tank, no doubt. Playing for Gippy Power last year, he played as the No'1 midfield in that team and floated forward to take marks inside 50 and kick goals. The kid is only 18. Very presumption of you to have doubt that he can play midfield in the future. You don't know what the kid is capable of.

I have watched plenty of his games over the last 2 years and while he had an impact playing in the midfield for Gippsland and for VIC Country, the way he plays in the midfield doesn’t transition all that well to playing midfield at AFL level. Plenty of midfielders in juniors don’t end up being midfielders at AFL level.

I think he’ll be able to rotate through the midfield as he physically develops, but I don’t think he’ll ever be a full time midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back