Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been to a game for a few weeks now...least since Luke has been moved upfield.

It was really noticeable how we are trying to get the ball in his hands so he can deliver the long ball..he is clearly rated internally as one of the best kickers in the side.

Improved his running out of sight over summer. It's not rocket surgery.

Its like me on my bike. I actually rode a unicycle up Mt Macedon last year, but I had to stop 3 times doing so to pop a few gels. But I trained and trained and trained over summer under the guidance of unicycle expert Pierre Van Der Hugengarten, so that now, I can climb Mt Macedon from every side, even while I'm blowing out candles.

He's improved in so many areas and i keep remembering that article over the preseason on LMac who was doing private running sessions around the Yarraville athletics track. This is a kid who wants to the best he can. Love his attitude and the way he plays.

Apparently he leads our tackle breaking. I thought it would of been Ben but its in fact Luke.

Times it so well.

Doesn't let the tackler get a good hold and then bursts away.

He's improved in so many areas and i keep remembering that article over the preseason on LMac who was doing private running sessions around the Yarraville athletics track. This is a kid who wants to the best he can. Love his attitude and the way he plays.
Yarraville athletics track?

Where is this hidden gem?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Improved his running out of sight over summer. It's not rocket surgery.

Its like me on my bike. I actually rode a unicycle up Mt Macedon last year, but I had to stop 3 times doing so to pop a few gels. But I trained and trained and trained over summer under the guidance of unicycle expert Pierre Van Der Hugengarten, so that now, I can climb Mt Macedon from every side, even while I'm blowing out candles.
"to pop a few gels" :clapping::clapping:

If..... there were no repercussions for his pride or team unity.. or we were as clinical as a Hawthorn in pursuit of success..

..would there be an argument for swapping the captaincy to Luke this summer?

Personally - No. He needs to back it up for at least another season imo.

A Leadership role? - for sure.

If..... there were no repercussions for his pride or team unity.. or we were as clinical as a Hawthorn in pursuit of success..

..would there be an argument for swapping the captaincy to Luke this summer?
I think it may be a bit too soon for Luke, I am happy for him to continue to track and grow to an elite player (as he has all the attributes and potential to do so)
I would hate to see the burden of captaincy burden him and stagnate his development. Let him keep developing. Allow ZB to own the captaincy and perhaps give JZ another year to be the leader we all know JZ can be.

Kicking is back to predraft levels, absolutely elite.

If he ups again next year, we will have an AA quality damaging mid on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back