Player Watch 11 marks in a season gets you an AA Ruck position

Remove this Banner Ad

4th in hitouts is bad considering that’s his strength
ok then, Third highest average

"4th highest in the league is bad"

Mate, download the AFL app and pay a subscription, Watch some AFL then we can talk

Brad Shepard was clearly better than Vlaustin this year, and deserved his AA spot.

I mean, he got twice as many goals This year.
Looking at the forwardline picked I don't think "Goals kicked" is the last thing they look at

Seriously, for all the things you can criticise this AA team about saying Nic Nat shouldn't be there because he doesn't take enough marks is pretty stupid. That is err not his job.....

At time it seems people overestimate how many mark rucks take on average. Surely more mobile one like Stynes, Cox or Martin rack up big numbers. Other not so much.

Still quite low. NicNat really is a strange case with his marking. Goes ok in the contested department. But he close to never takes uncontested marks. Averaging way less then 1 over his career. Probably really hard to find a player with a similar stat and so many games. Most somehow manage a few cheap marks a game.

ok then, Third highest average

"4th highest in the league is bad"

Mate, download the AFL app and pay a subscription, Watch some AFL then we can talk
I’ve watched a lot of games. Nic nat is a good player, but Gawn is a lot better - both this year and overall. Give me Gawns disposals, marks around the ground and high time on ground over a guy that doesn’t do much outside of stoppages and can only play low TOG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The All Australian award is a joke.

Yep . Even jake Aarts has more goals than Bont . The love affair with Danger continues . Captain ??
Grimes can’t crack it for a gig ? Unbelievable.
Guthrie ? Are you kidding me ! Shepphard and Ryan over Vlaustin? Yep that makes sense .
Darcy Moore over Grimes ??
It’s just a joke .

We will just have to satisfy ourselves with the 2020 premiership .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep . Even jake Aarts has more goals than Bont . The love affair with Danger continues . Captain ??
Grimes can’t crack it for a gig ? Unbelievable.
Guthrie ? Are you kidding me ! Shepphard and Ryan over Vlaustin? Yep that makes sense .
Darcy Moore over Grimes ??
It’s just a joke .

We will just have to satisfy ourselves with the 2020 premiership .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
lmao cry more

The rest of the rucks were average at best. NicNut is a game changer at the bounce. Agree the rest of his game is suspect.

Deserved the AA imo.
The guy 4th in contested marks and 5th in hit outs did ok. Won’t get a look in due to team outcome, but will win the B&F by a mile and took most other ruckman to task this year with little help in the middle until the last 6 rounds. A747A5AD-0B91-4CDB-BC12-BADD5EE31DDC.png 320D1627-A1CD-469F-9164-538597F660A7.png

At time it seems people overestimate how many mark rucks take on average. Surely more mobile one like Stynes, Cox or Martin rack up big numbers. Other not so much.

Still quite low. NicNat really is a strange case with his marking. Goes ok in the contested department. But he close to never takes uncontested marks. Averaging way less then 1 over his career. Probably really hard to find a player with a similar stat and so many games. Most somehow manage a few cheap marks a game.

If you watch him play he never really attempts to mark. Just punches the ball to the preferred position. Not saying that's a good thing, I'd like to see him stick his hands up more. He's a good mark plus would win more frees that way.

As to the OP, get off the meth. Nicnat won games for us as an extra midfielder this year. No ruck has close to his impact.

Seriously, for all the things you can criticise this AA team about saying Nic Nat shouldn't be there because he doesn't take enough marks is pretty stupid. That is err not his job.....

thats like saying a forwards job is to only kick goals. Don’t worry about getting score involvements, tackling, marks, creating space, Zoning, blocking, etc as long as you get 2 cheap goals every week you have done your “job”. Just because Nic nat gets hit outs (only rated 4th in the league) doesn’t mean he has done his job. He is too lazy to get around the ground and take defensive marks, offence marks or even just be a link up player. By your logic Matt crouch, Tom Mitchell and andrew gaff should be walk up all australians Every year because they do thier “job” of getting lots of disposals

thats like saying a forwards job is to only kick goals. Don’t worry about getting score involvements, tackling, marks, creating space, Zoning, blocking, etc as long as you get 2 cheap goals every week you have done your “job”. Just because Nic nat gets hit outs (only rated 4th in the league) doesn’t mean he has done his job. He is too lazy to get around the ground and take defensive marks, offence marks or even just be a link up player. By your logic Matt crouch, Tom Mitchell and andrew gaff should be walk up all australians Every year because they do thier “job” of getting lots of disposals

You justified your argument by listing lots of other things that are again, not his job. Good job man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back