#12 in National Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to counter this argument, I remember after the Sydney game (where Morton played on Goodes) Jimmy Stynes coming to mort post match (this was still on the ground) and patting him on the back, looked to be saying 'you did well on a star player'. Cale still looked disgusted with himself, and seemed to say something of the sort to Jim. He seemed really dirty that he'd let goodes have such an impact. Hard to tell obviously, but it's an example of him looking 'interested'.

As a few pointed out above, I think his core strength is the biggest issue. IMO the best comparison for him is flower, and look how robbie turned out! Next season is a big one for him though.

Robbie had pace to burn and better than elite skills.. but yeh in terms of not needing to be a monster to be a gun Robbie is an excellent example.

Coaching

Robbie had pace to burn and better than elite skills.. but yeh in terms of not needing to be a monster to be a gun Robbie is an excellent example.

Coaching

Damn can't edit properly from this connection in turkey..

Was just going to say it was a coaching masterstroke playing Morton on Goodes all day. gives him a benchmark - it's not just about accumulating.. He needs to have an impact.

we should stay away from him - has trouble written all over him.. mitch thorp..like

I tend to Agree.

Cook or Smidts wouldn't suprise me. Lots of talk about Lynch too.

I'd love Day (will not get) or Gorringe (hard to see us getting)

I trust the club to use our pick on someone worthy. If I'm honest, I'd prefer a KPP

I'm sorry. But what part of:

"Jack Darling (West Perth, WA)
Height: 191cm, Weight: 94kg, DOB: 16/6/92
Jack is an athletic tall forward who attacks the ball with ferocity and is strong overhead. He provides excellent defensive pressure in the forward 50. He was named in the Under-18 All Australian team in 2009 and again provided an excellent marking target up forward for Western Australia in 2010."

Do we not need? A tall forward who atacks the ball with ferocity...

I could not care less if he's stuck up. Look at Wayne Carey Jonothan Brown, it's not such a bad thing. I don't care if no one likes him. If he's hitting packs at a hundred miles an hour, sending blokes like Nick Maxwell flying he's alright with me!!

I'm sorry. But what part of:

"Jack Darling (West Perth, WA)
Height: 191cm, Weight: 94kg, DOB: 16/6/92
Jack is an athletic tall forward who attacks the ball with ferocity and is strong overhead. He provides excellent defensive pressure in the forward 50. He was named in the Under-18 All Australian team in 2009 and again provided an excellent marking target up forward for Western Australia in 2010."

Do we not need? A tall forward who atacks the ball with ferocity...

I could not care less if he's stuck up. Look at Wayne Carey Jonothan Brown, it's not such a bad thing. I don't care if no one likes him. If he's hitting packs at a hundred miles an hour, sending blokes like Nick Maxwell flying he's alright with me!!

Dont get me wrong. He would be a major target for us come draft day and he has huge potential for most reports and may end up a star.

However he isn't that tall at 191 (shorter then bate). So called experts have noticed he has stagnated in preformance this year and the only reason he dominated up untill now was because of his bigger body mass.

Again I know very little about recruiting players but something about him makes me a little nervous but I'd if we did take a punt on him, a WA kid who has been proclaimed a potential #1 draft pick, I'd love to be made to eat my hat by his epicness.

I just think some of the taller KPF will suit our needs better and while they may take longer to make an impact I think a lucas cook could really work well with Watts.

Dont get me wrong. He would be a major target for us come draft day and he has huge potential for most reports and may end up a star.

However he isn't that tall at 191 (shorter then bate). So called experts have noticed he has stagnated in preformance this year and the only reason he dominated up untill now was because of his bigger body mass.

Again I know very little about recruiting players but something about him makes me a little nervous but I'd if we did take a punt on him, a WA kid who has been proclaimed a potential #1 draft pick, I'd love to be made to eat my hat by his epicness.

I just think some of the taller KPF will suit our needs better and while they may take longer to make an impact I think a lucas cook could really work well with Watts.

Maybe. But at 191cm he is the same height as Fev. Cook strikes me as another CHF, we need a FF. A big angry man in the goal square.

Maybe. But at 191cm he is the same height as Fev. Cook strikes me as another CHF, we need a FF. A big angry man in the goal square.

I think his height isnt the only thing he has in common with Fev :cool:

You are right about our need for a FF and if all reports about his attitude are just over the top nonsense he may be just the right player for us.

I'll be interested to see how he goes at AFL level. I still hold some reservations about him but then again I'm hardly the man to trust with our recruiting needs. I also only know a little about the bloke and my oppinion is from that little knowledge...which I gained from BF.

Have there been any reports on Darlings recovery?

My favourates are Day and Gorringe, but of the others I'm starting to lean towards Lynch who looks likes he has a lot to work with and might improve the most.

Have there been any reports on Darlings recovery?

My favourates are Day and Gorringe, but of the others I'm starting to lean towards Lynch who looks likes he has a lot to work with and might improve the most.

I havn't been able to find anything on Darling either.

Agree on Lynch too, with his relative lack of experiance I think in an AFL enviroment he will really come on. Although Darling IMO is still ahead of him without knowning the full extent of his injuries. He had a injury interupted 2010, but in 2009 he was epic. Yes he has a more developed body but played as a bottom age kid in the 2009 champs so he should have had an even bigger advantage this year.

I havn't been able to find anything on Darling either.

Agree on Lynch too, with his relative lack of experiance I think in an AFL enviroment he will really come on. Although Darling IMO is still ahead of him without knowning the full extent of his injuries. He had a injury interupted 2010, but in 2009 he was epic. Yes he has a more developed body but played as a bottom age kid in the 2009 champs so he should have had an even bigger advantage this year.

Yeh Im just starting to have some reservations about Darling. There is something a little like Mathew Panos about him. He would really struggle too far up the ground at AFL level as hes pretty bulky - just not overly athletic, pacy or agile for 190cm.

Lynch would be a small gamble which is making me think we might either try to trade up and grab Gorringe - or just go best available which is likely to be a sliding mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well, if gc dont get gorringe, and want a ruck may look at lycett, at 11,13 maybe, then melb, then crows. i dont see how a player that talented will go past pick 15. i think he is a real chance to go to you at 12 really, but if gc get gorry and you guys pass may get to us :)

yeah, he is a forward/ ruckman. very mobile, i cant remember who said that but they said his lateral movement was exceptional. im torn between my team getting a mid or lycett, who would be perfect for us. like i said, i think it will be out of our hands.

I know it's a bloody long shot, but i'd love to get Gorringe. Order of preference:
1)Gorringe
2)Matthew Watson
3) Billie Smedts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back