Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardingham forward makes sense, although we'd be too tall if we brought in both Belly and Gumby.
Hardy for 3rd tall ...

Hardy's a tall in the same way that Hille is a crumbing forward.

vs Werribee
Marc Baguley (#46) was again the standout! was not beaten in a 1:1 all day, uses it so well and his decision making is top notch. Played mostly across half back, but was smart, creative enough to push forward and be an option, even kicking a nice long goal from a mark near the 50.
(note: I was speaking to someone from his local club (Langwarrin, and there has been talk that there are at least two rival AFL clubs circling him to put him on the senior list next year)

vs Box Hill
Marc Baguley was again a solid contributor, one interesting point was Bendigo trialed him in a few different positions, was even in the centre square at one stage. Hardly turned it over and was again a reliable player. I really hope we (I) can see him at senior level, just to see what he can do, and if he is good enough.

vs Sandringham
Mark Baguley has probably been our most consistent player this year, every time I've seen him play he has been in our best 5 - 6 players. used the ball extremely well (apart from 3 kick ins that were direct turnovers and shots on goal), was not beaten 1:1 all day, and a long shot, but I wouldnt be surprised to see him elevated soon.

Thanks to Yoda, has been tracking along quite well.

Oh god don't tell me this is so they can play Hardingham forward at the expense of a certain CHF that has played few games for us.

Having said that, I'm happy that he is the style of player he is playing well enough to get into the side.

"Piglet" is gold by the way.

Oh god don't tell me this is so they can play Hardingham forward at the expense of a certain CHF that has played few games for us.

Having said that, I'm happy that he is the style of player he is playing well enough to get into the side.

"Piglet" is gold by the way.

Hopefully it is because they want Myers back in the midfield. We got killed out of the square last week and surely this is something the coaches have looked into.

Hopefully it is because they want Myers back in the midfield. We got killed out of the square last week and surely this is something the coaches have looked into.

Bringing in someone to free Myers to play in the middle and bringing Gumby into the side? It is too much common sense to hope for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back