AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Re-injured quad - 3 weeks - 1/5

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only other player that could pip him for a nomination this week is Witherden who may get it purley for his consistency.
Witherden already got nominated last year. I think they changed the rules so that you only need to be nominated once to be eligable over the 2 year window if you had played under 10 games in the previous year?

Was promising to see him play exactly what he was projected to before he was drafted. The only thing he didnt show which i look forward to him showing in the future is his ability to fly from the side of a pack to take an intercept mark. One game he played for Oakleigh was just like Francis in recent weeks taking intercept marks with ease and just patrolling the back line.

Witherden already got nominated last year. I think they changed the rules so that you only need to be nominated once to be eligable over the 2 year window if you had played under 10 games in the previous year?
I don't recall that

81s yesyerday, 41s today.. ok who launched?

I only nibbled, promise

I launched after watching him, but I haven’t put any money down yet.

RISING STAR

Brisbane's Alex Witherden is the Round 9 Rising Star, described as "extraordinary" by coach Chris Fagan.

I'd prefer our boy...
How has Witherden not already got a nom. :huh:

He’ll get his nom very soon if he keeps playing like that. Not concerned too much.

Witherden well deserved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to work out how the hell Ridley didn't get the RS nom

If there's multiple players that have played very well and worthy of a nom, I reckon they tend to go with the player that's performed over a period of time over the one off performance. Which I think is fair enough.

I think it's rare for debutantes to get the nom - but that's just purely a guess from me. I'm sure someone will prove me wrong.

Probably because they like nominating players from lower sides when they get a win. They might not be able to see Brisbane's next win and wanted to get his nomination in. Plus he had near identical stats.

Probably because they like nominating players from lower sides when they get a win. They might not be able to see Brisbane's next win and wanted to get his nomination in. Plus he had near identical stats.
But aren’t we a potential lower side?

But aren’t we a potential lower side?
Whilst that's true, they like getting those sorts of nominations when they can. Brisbane hadn't won a game to that point, Witherden was the pre-season favourite, been consistent in his quality and had pretty much identical stats to Ridley. If Ridley produces a similar quality game I daresay he'll get the nomination this week.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude but what is Ridley's job security like? Asking due to AFL fantasy. I assume Hurley and to a lesser extend Francis will be in line for his spot at any time? Thanks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back