AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Wins Yiooken in first game back - 25/5

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then there's the time Ridley broke his ribs in Round 10, 2020, and didn't miss a game. He played with some sort of padding and bandages around the ribs instead (which was visible in one of the club website videos a few games later)...
that is ****ing insane.

I had a scooter incident this year which saw me spend a night in Maroondah hospital doped to the ****ing eyeballs on all sorts of wonderful painkillers. The ribs may have been fractured, or just severely bruised, they couldn't say for sure after the scan.

It hurt so ****ing much, for weeks and weeks. I could barely walk or sleep for about a fortnight. The thought of strapping it up and running out for a smashing the very next game fills me with absolute awe

that is ******* insane.

I had a scooter incident this year which saw me spend a night in Maroondah hospital doped to the ******* eyeballs on all sorts of wonderful painkillers. The ribs may have been fractured, or just severely bruised, they couldn't say for sure after the scan.

It hurt so ******* much, for weeks and weeks. I could barely walk or sleep for about a fortnight. The thought of strapping it up and running out for a smashing the very next game fills me with absolute awe
I did it. Smashed 30 seconds in, it was not smart.

Cringe Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

dunno how people play through injuries, i got concussed in like 2016 and was foggy for a week and a half afterwards, hopefully he knows his body and will be able to play if he's able to
Everyone is different, some players have a way higher pain tolerance than others. Also seen with concussion some take months to get over a head knock, others a couple of days.

Everyone is different, some players have a way higher pain tolerance than others. Also seen with concussion some take months to get over a head knock, others a couple of days.
Concussion is a blood tough one. I got cleaned up in a rugby game, don't remember anything after the hit but apparently I played the game of my life. It wasn't until about 3 hours after the game when I was sitting with a mate in the clubrooms that I came good, I vividly remember sitting there with a beer wondering wtf was happening.

Took me to hospital and yep concussion but up till then everyone thought I was fine.

Edit: In summary there's a reason my body is more cooked than jmoo wan stand up routine.

Concussion is a blood tough one. I got cleaned up in a rugby game, don't remember anything after the hit but apparently I played the game of my life. It wasn't until about 3 hours after the game when I was sitting with a mate in the clubrooms that I came good, I vividly remember sitting there with a beer wondering wtf was happening.

Took me to hospital and yep concussion but up till then everyone thought I was fine.

Edit: In summary there's a reason my body is more cooked than jmoo wan stand up routine.
Yep I’ve seen a few mates get delayed concussion after being fine playing out the game and for 3-4 hours after the game then it’s hit them like a road train .

Great news for Rids. Darcy Moore only missed one week following an identical injury at almost the same time of the year.

yeah, it's interesting to see, hopefully he can get up, but i wouldn't want him to reinjure himself at the same time

Pain tolerance is funny, my wife all of 154cm and 50kg broke her thumb but was rowing scull in a 50km charity event a week later and despite the doctors advice she just strapped it up and gritted her teeth.

Another time we took a flight whilst she had a cold and she was like "ouch that was weird" when we got back to Oz a week later she found out that she blew and eardrum.

Pain tolerance is funny, my wife all of 154cm and 50kg broke her thumb but was rowing scull in a 50km charity event a week later and despite the doctors advice she just strapped it up and gritted her teeth.

Another time we took a flight whilst she had a cold and she was like "ouch that was weird" when we got back to Oz a week later she found out that she blew and eardrum.
Having a baby rip you a new one might put some things into perspective I guess

From what I know it's not really a structural issue (where it can lead to a worse tear or whatever), it's more just discomfort and being able to mentally handle it during strenuous prolonged activity. Feel like Rids is a mentally tough/composed under pressure kinda person just based on the way he goes about it so wouldn't put it past him to get up.

Got to the last minute in a Grand Final with broken ribs before I got smashed. While everyone was singing the song after the game I was vomiting in the toilets. I was still feeling those ribs the following season.

I broke them the previous week when both ruckman fell on top of me. I got winded too. I still wince at the pain when the air came back into my lungs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be surprised if they risked him this week. Might struggle late in the game, plus goes against mantra of not playing injured players.

Not sure if any painkilling injections work on bone bruising.

Save him for the Dogs IMO, a much more winnable game.

Named to play against Geelong 😱
It's ok. They're saying he'll be a late out. Scotty playing mind games. With his identical twin that he actually shared an egg with.
we got the twin from the good half of the egg right?

RIGHT?

we got the twin from the good half of the egg right?

RIGHT?

They're actually triplets... haven't you noticed how Brad is rounder than his brother? Normally the second phone handset is under his shirt.

kuato1.gif

They're actually triplets... haven't you noticed how Brad is rounder than his brother? Normally the second phone handset is under his shirt.

View attachment 1738224
So you are saying Kuato Scott is actually our coach ?
Would be a good thing as he can read minds :thumbsu:
Maybe North would have been better if they had of had him and not Brad as coach .:p

From the injury report, for the sake of posterity
Essendon defender Jordan Ridley has avoided significant injury after being substituted out of last week's game against the Crows.

The key back suffered bone bruising to his knee but will look to take on Geelong in GMHBA.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back