Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a winger with allegedly silky skills. If any player is going to be soft, it's going to be a winger with allegedly silky skills. As long as he uses his speed and endurance to put on defensive pressure, I'll stomach some pea-hearted aerial efforts

I don’t think many would describe his skills as silly. Solid skills. Maybe in the sam Gibson vein

I don’t think many would describe his skills as silly. Solid skills. Maybe in the sam Gibson vein
Fair enough. There's a goal against Melbourne though that Stephens kicked, that I can't be arsed tracking down, and it's not something I'd have ever considered Gibson capable of

Shorted handed a couple of times going back with the flight. One in particular was right in front of me and he was called in but went in with one arm and that was bent. Didn't look good, especially as Clarko was right there on the boundary line. Did improve after that getting many possies but he wouldn't want to repeat that in the real stuff or our new whipping boy has arrived. Just sayin'.

Aaron Mullett and Aaron Black barely played again after similar incidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 touches and a goal.

A lot of North 'fans' were lamenting this pick-up when in reality, he was just about the perfect pick-up from a list need and price point of view.

Likely to be unsung for most of his career but he'll be very important for us.
His talent and worth were always clear. I thought plenty of us were happy to get him at the price.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

25 touches and a goal.

A lot of North 'fans' were lamenting this pick-up when in reality, he was just about the perfect pick-up from a list need and price point of view.

Hey mate, where can I find the stats?

25 touches and a goal.

I posted in another thread, I heard from inside the club that they were extremely bullish about this pick up. One of the key gaps that Clarko/Viney identified last year was our wings inability to play to structures. They wanted Stephens because he has had a good system pumped into him at Sydney and was an obvious answer to our issue. We’ve seen already in the two televised hit outs how he gets to the right spots on both offense and defense.

I posted in another thread, I heard from inside the club that they were extremely bullish about this pick up. One of the key gaps that Clarko/Viney identified last year was our wings inability to play to structures. They wanted Stephens because he has had a good system pumped into him at Sydney and was an obvious answer to our issue. We’ve seen already in the two televised hit outs how he gets to the right spots on both offense and defense.

This.

Perfect high end role player pick up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back