Delisted #15: Josh Green - will not be offered a contract for 2019 - 10/9

Remove this Banner Ad

He was pictured with the other boys in the States training with the Wizards, if I had to bet i'd say he had a trigger clause and is contracted for next year which is why no announcement has been made. Personally, I can't see him going over there as an uncontracted player about to be delisted.

Bomberswithwizards62-.jpg

Can't see him getting regular games next year. He was already behind Fantasia and Tippa in the pecking order up forward, the signing of Stringer and Smith pushes him even further back.

Not a fan but i think he did more than enough for another year. If he had to come in i actually think he'd be quite good for a game or 2, but he's not a week in week out best 22 player imo.

He was pictured with the other boys in the States training with the Wizards, if I had to bet i'd say he had a trigger clause and is contracted for next year which is why no announcement has been made. Personally, I can't see him going over there as an uncontracted player about to be delisted.

Bomberswithwizards62-.jpg
I think it's just that his contract extension goes without saying.

He was pretty decent this year. However Stringer, Smith and Begley are stiff competition. He ain't getting ahead of Tippa or Fantasia either.
I'd keep him on the list but don't expect him to play many games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Myers and Jerrett survive surely Green does.... Played some good footy at time this year and averaged a goal a game.
Myers shits on Green from a great height.

How many games did green play in the twos?
How many goalless games did Green have in the 1's? Let's not pretend that a goal a game from a stay at home small forward is anything to write home about, especially in the second best forward line in the league.

Had more goalless games than he did multiple goals this year.

No goalless games in the twos then?
Your point is irrelevant. Myers had 2 games coming back from a long term injury in the 2's and played all bar one game in the 1's from there (where he REQUESTED to be dropped).

When round 1 comes around and Myers is in the 1sts and Green isn't, come back to me and say Green is better.

giphy.gif

sry Greeny.

Perfectly fine for depth.

Though as others have stated, it seems Begley overtook him late this year and Stringer/Smith are obviously ahead, which leaves him a fair way down the pecking order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back