Remove this Banner Ad

Game is on at 10:30pm. They're replaying Norwich v Leeds after the Arsenal game so can't even record that.

Might go on a social media and Internet blackout Wednesday and watch it without seeing the score at least until we go 2 down

Hendo suspended (he got a yellow on purpose) and can see Moreno + Klavan getting starts. Sturridge will most likely play 90.
Yeah but I mean still first team players. Klaven and Moreno are still first team players. I dont think we will see much of the kids. Light schedule and Klopp wants silverware!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you guys win it this season. You guys deserve some success!!!

Haha thanks man. Probably a long shot given there's still a few PL clubs floating around but with Rafa, who knows! Just refreshing to actually be taking the cups a bit more seriously :p

Really looking forward to this. Hope United go full strength.

Maffeo will hopefully start, maybe also Tosin. Would love to see Garcia get a start as well. Brahim a few minutes off the bench hopefully

Can't say I understand the rationale behind dismissing this as a Mickey Mouse cup or saying that you have 'bigger fish to fry'.

Perhaps if you support a United or a Chelsea who have won everything in sight over the last 25 years I can maybe understand a dismissive attitude towards certain trophies, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me if you support a club like Tottenham (who have won just 2 trophies during that time). We heard it last year too, that a few of the Spurs lads in here felt that they were above caring about the Europa League. It certainly doesn't make sense for me as a Liverpool supporter!

Strategically Poch or Klopp might choose to field less than full strength teams tonight, but as a supporter that doesn't change the fact that I want to win this and every other competition Liverpool enter into. Perhaps conceding defeat before the teams have even stepped onto the park makes it easier to accept if/when you do get knocked out? I don't know. I find it bizarre. 2 trophies in 25 years, I'd want to win everything in sight.

Yawn. We're playing the kids so all that means * all.

Edit: playing a weakened squad here is understandable, a couple of important injuries and some big matches in the next fortnight. That doesn't mean we're conceding defeat, the XI picked will go out there intending to win. Good opportunity to test the squad players against far better opposition than they'll face in the PL2. So maybe cut the condescension.

Last edited:
Can't say I understand the rationale behind dismissing this as a Mickey Mouse cup or saying that you have 'bigger fish to fry'.

Perhaps if you support a United or a Chelsea who have won everything in sight over the last 25 years I can maybe understand a dismissive attitude towards certain trophies, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me if you support a club like Tottenham (who have won just 2 trophies during that time). We heard it last year too, that a few of the Spurs lads in here felt that they were above caring about the Europa League. It certainly doesn't make sense for me as a Liverpool supporter!

Strategically Poch or Klopp might choose to field less than full strength teams tonight, but as a supporter that doesn't change the fact that I want to win this and every other competition Liverpool enter into. Perhaps conceding defeat before the teams have even stepped onto the park makes it easier to accept if/when you do get knocked out? I don't know. I find it bizarre. 2 trophies in 25 years, I'd want to win everything in sight.
I'm not sure that acknowledging that we're going to be playing a heavily rotated side away from home against one of the form teams of the league so it is likely that we will lose is the same as not wanting to win.

Of course I want us to win. I'm sure that the players, just like the fans, want to win every game they play.

But it's just reality that in the context of this season this competition is going to be given the lowest priority. I don't think that's the same as saying that we don't want to win it though.

Personally, I'd rather play a weaker team EFL Cup in the knowledge that we're more likely to lose and be knocked out, than play a strong side and be knackered for the League and CL and have our best players burnt out before April.

I'm not sure that acknowledging that we're going to be playing a heavily rotated side away from home against one of the form teams of the league so it is likely that we will lose is the same as not wanting to win.

Of course I want us to win. I'm sure that the players, just like the fans, want to win every game they play.

But it's just reality that in the context of this season this competition is going to be given the lowest priority. I don't think that's the same as saying that we don't want to win it though.

Personally, I'd rather play a weaker team EFL Cup in the knowledge that we're more likely to lose and be knocked out, than play a strong side and be knackered for the League and CL and have our best players burnt out before April.
Exactly.

With Toby injured it takes Dier away from DM. Kane injured takes Son away from AM, exacerbated by Sissoko's suspension.
ATM we have to be smart with our rotation and I daresay the coaches have to have in mind who they want to start v Leicester, Leverkusen and Woolwich and manage loads for those that may play in more than one. This is game 1 of 4 in the next 11 days, which coincides with injuries to the two most important players making rotation harder.

That's a distinct difference to tanking the match and conceding defeat. Of course we want to win and Poch will get the XI chosen to play to try and win (not draw like Mou). We can't simply play the kids in Europe like we normally would in the group stages either, CL is a different beast and we're in a very open group.

That said, I suspect Vorm will play and we should be playing CCV and Wimmer who both need minutes.

Mickey mouse mate

Got bigger fish to fry this year, would rather an FA Cup run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back