AFL Player #19: Nick Hind

Remove this Banner Ad

You know that old fuzzy logic - every loss in a row is one game closer to a win?

Or if you’re playing the pokies, the more you unsuccessfully invest, the closer you are to a (big) payout on that machine.

Following that logic here, Hind is running out of brain farts:
  • stray elbow brain fart a few rounds ago
  • don’t kick for goal even though on own running in, kicked to the extreme pocket to a 1:1 brain fart

So he’s due a dead set perfect game.

It’s logic.

Must start against Dogs.

Last edited:
He simply shanked that off the instep

Reckon he saw Langford and did that thing where he couldn't decide whether to be unselfish and pass or take a shot and did... neither. The obvious thing was to take the shot instead of Langford trying to take a contested mark and then a shot from the pocket, but Essendon and doing the obvious doesn't always seem to exist in the same time and space.

Average game as starter
Good game as sub
Average game as sub

Look, there aren't that many options around. You can say Roberts or Tsatas but I'd rather them get 4 quarters in the VFL than sub in the seniors.

Average game as starter
Good game as sub
Average game as sub

Look, there aren't that many options around. You can say Roberts or Tsatas but I'd rather them get 4 quarters in the VFL than sub in the seniors.

Well Tsatas got two quarters in the VFL and got saved to be an emergency here. I'd rather him just be the sub if that's the case.

Well Tsatas got two quarters in the VFL and got saved to be an emergency here. I'd rather him just be the sub if that's the case.
Maybe, but either or.

Can anyone open this:

Bomber Nick Hind honours slain cousin, Hannah McGuire​

As Essendon substitute Nick Hind helped the Bombers to a big win over the Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium on Friday night, he wore a black armband and a wristband inscribed with the name of his cousin, Hannah McGuire, who was allegedly murdered near Ballarat a week ago.

Can anyone open this:

As Essendon substitute Nick Hind helped the Bombers to a big win over the Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium on Friday night, he wore a black armband and a wristband inscribed with the name of his cousin, Hannah McGuire, who was allegedly murdered near Ballarat a week ago.
Use this website for the age, brisbane times etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone open this:

Great to see Hindy playing a full game tonight. 2 weeks in the vest is enough. With players turn over… surely he’s due…

Holly S … my boy’s getting a start!!!!

Would be very disappointed if he’s still in the frame for selection in 3 months time.

His first action was slipping over while standing still and letting McCreery waltz into an open goal.

Would be very disappointed if he’s still in the frame for selection in 3 months time.

His first action was slipping over while standing still and letting McCreery waltz into an open goal.
I'll be disappointed if he's in the frame for selection next week. Was thinking surely they can sub Harry out and just play with 3 on the bench. It's limited rotations anyway.

He was definitely accountable for the goal when he slipped on his arse. Kelly was awful, I'll give you that.
Yes and Alwyn’s opponent was constantly running off him starting attacking chains. I agree that slip was terrible as well but I also acknowledge the few good contests he made after that.

At least he doesn’t drop his head when he stuffs up and yes he stuffs up not going to argue about that.

He wasn’t standing still, he was running.

No great fan of his but felt for him there. Simply slipped over.

He played 20 mins today, not sure you can take much positive or negative from it.

He wasn’t standing still, he was running.

No great fan of his but felt for him there. Simply slipped over.

He played 20 mins today, not sure you can take much positive or negative from it.

He also took a nice intercept mark and then panicked, played on when he didn’t need to, ran around in a circle and almost got smothered which would have almost certainly given them a shot on goal.

Sub or travelling emergency role is good because it’s a good role for someone you don’t mind having absolutely no continuity but I don’t think it’s at all unfair to say we should be looking to progress beyond him really soon.

Bit harsh on hind. Was hardly on the ground and did have a couple of important touches.

Needs a full game at either AFL or VFL.

Thought we should have subbed him on early in the third. needs more time than half a quarter. Agree with Scott, what is the point of the sub these days, just have 5 on the bench.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back