Player Watch #19 Tom Lynch

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Lynch and Cotchin are on That’s Good for Footy this Wednesday.

Looking forward to watching it on Thursday.

Good little show that. Wouldn’t mind getting along to one but they always seem miles away from where I live

Good little show that. Wouldn’t mind getting along to one but they always seem miles away from where I live
Tonight’s is in Airport West.

Hoping it’ll be up tonight to watch but most probably won’t be up til tomorrow.

Needs to kick those easy goals he misses. That one he hit the post with was deplorable. Overall a good game but tarnished by missing some sitters.

Weird because he was a dead eye dick the first few rounds

hes been richmondized

Of its eight games this season, Richmond has drawn a crowd of more than 70,000 on three occasions — by far the biggest numbers Lynch has ever experienced.
It’s not lost on him.

“Before the Melbourne game we were doing the team review and they put up a photo of last year. I was sitting in front of Jack and he was hitting me over the head and saying ‘this is the best game of the year’,” Lynch says.

“And Dreamtime, as well. I’m now playing and I can understand why.

“I used to go to the 'G when I could, but when I decided to leave Gold Coast, coming back to Melbourne, I weighed up different clubs and playing in those big games was pretty exciting.

“The highlight so far has been the Melbourne game — that pre-game on Anzac Eve.

“I walked out there and was like ‘wow’ — it was amazing. We obviously won the game and I was handing out the balls with Jack and he was like ‘how good’s playing at the ’G. It’s unbelievable.”

TOM LYNCH ON …

LEAVING GOLD COAST
“I’ll be forever grateful to them — they gave me my first shot at AFL
“I went to Stewart Dew’s house to tell him … he could understand where I was coming from. I said to him ‘I think the club’s in the best position it’s been since I’ve been here’, so it was just my time to go, I thought.”

THE SCRUTINY/BLAIRGOWRIE FENCE-HOPPING
“It was an interesting six months. It was (bigger than we thought). Especially when I went in for surgery — it intensified then.
“Going to a footy state I thought the media scrutiny would be pretty intense, but I figured it couldn’t be much worse than last year, can it? Even though I wasn’t even living down here. Fingers crossed … at the moment it hasn’t been.”

LIVING IN RICHMOND
“I didn’t realise how many fans are actually in Richmond. Most of the time it’s ‘great work, keep going’. There’s a lot of yelling out of cars and stuff. I drive in every morning and see the ‘G in the background, which is pretty surreal.”

HIS DOG, GRYFF
“We got him this time last year … He rips up a few pillows — we don’t have a massive backyard. He’s gone from the nice walks along the beach every morning to the cold winter mornings in Melbourne.

GIRLFRIEND OLIVIA
“We met on the Gold Coast. She was more than happy to move down with me, which was great. She’s been a great support moving down with me and is loving Melbourne.”

WATCHING FOOTY
“If you lose, you sort of don’t want to watch too much footy. But there’s a fair few players that I’ve played with over the journey that if they’re on I might watch them. We’ve got Jaeger O’Meara this week … but I wouldn’t say I’m a footy head.”

DIMMA & BALMEY
“They have so much care. As soon as I got here, (Hardwick) has been so great for me. He does a lot of little things that a lot of people wouldn’t know about. Even players … helping players out that no one would know about.”

Have noticed he’s much more dangerous in the open higher i50 running at the ball than just standing underneath it where he looks to have the sit but is too easily spoiled , has happened in several games. Still some good grabs and 3G in an ok game Surely only a fine for that wack in the guts , has anyone got weeks this year for that , don’t think they have

My only worry with Lynch right now is he's dropping a lot of marks he should be taking. He's also running under the footy a lot and misjudging the flight of the ball. We're 9 games in now so you'd hope it would be improving.

I think/hope it's a confidence thing. At GC he was at his best roaming up the ground and leading up at the ball. He was a 15-16 posession, 6-7 mark player and the goals came after that. Right now he's not even getting the ball 10 times a game due to coming off an injury, change of game plan and role.

When Jack is back I'd move him up the ground and sit Jack in the square.

My only worry with Lynch right now is he's dropping a lot of marks he should be taking. He's also running under the footy a lot and misjudging the flight of the ball. We're 9 games in now so you'd hope it would be improving.

I think/hope it's a confidence thing. At GC he was at his best roaming up the ground and leading up at the ball. He was a 15-16 posession, 6-7 mark player and the goals came after that. Right now he's not even getting the ball 10 times a game due to coming off an injury, change of game plan and role.

When Jack is back I'd move him up the ground and sit Jack in the square.

There’s a few things that hopefully, in time, will improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where was Contact Below the Knee ? This is why the rule was brought in so you can't dive into a player standing upright.

F*** me, looking at how his knee snaps laterally, would not surprise me if it's far more serious than just a corky. This could POTENTIALLY end a career, MRO.

(2 mins into 2 Qtr)

This really F***king shits me.

JNUacdl.gif

where was Contact Below the Knee ? This is why the rule was brought in so you can't dive into a player standing upright.

F*** me, looking at how his knee snaps laterally, would not surprise me if it's far more serious than just a corky. This could POTENTIALLY end a career, MRO.

(2 mins into 2 Qtr)

JNUacdl.gif
Come on, mate.
There's always gonna be knocks in footy. Nothing in that.

(2 mins into 2 Qtr)

JNUacdl.gif

At least lynch made him earn it made sure he put every single kg down onto him

(2 mins into 2 Qtr)

JNUacdl.gif

far out, he is lucky it didn't snap to be honest.

I have to admit I'm still worried about Lynch
When the comments were made about the turning circle he was spot on.
I need somebody to put me at ease because so far Tom hasn't filled me with any confidence.

(2 mins into 2 Qtr)

JNUacdl.gif

shit

I have to admit I'm still worried about Lynch
When the comments were made about the turning circle he was spot on.
I need somebody to put me at ease because so far Tom hasn't filled me with any confidence.
He was out of the game for 8 months, had no pre-season, has kicked 20 goals in 10 rounds and did everything expected of a big man in the wet (tackled, bought the ball to ground, halved the majority of his 2 v 1 contests) and coming into a new unfamiliar system. He’ll be fine.

He was out of the game for 8 months, had no pre-season, has kicked 20 goals in 10 rounds and did everything expected of a big man in the wet (tackled, bought the ball to ground, halved the majority of his 2 v 1 contests) and coming into a new unfamiliar system. He’ll be fine.

Still only training once a week as well

(2 mins into 2 Qtr)

JNUacdl.gif

Very lucky it was wet so his studs didnt catch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back