Player Watch #2: Jaidyn Stephenson - dropped vs Geelong & misses out again vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

If he doesn't have space to work with, he doesn't know what to do. But then again he would look far better in a side that knows what it's doing.

Can’t think of another player ever that played more than 6 seasons, started so high in his first season and then got progressively worse year on year.
No speed, no strength, no magic, no weapons whatsoever.

I think his consensus appraisal around here has benefited from many posters who see his ceiling, and who want to give him a shot at fulfilling that potential.
But now that our medium forward stocks are good, I just don't think his consistency has been up to a standard where we should expect that he's best 23 anymore.
I'd be happy to see him work for a spot back into the seniors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is on Clarko. Should never have played.
He can't break tackles. He can't sprint. He's making poor choices.
Instead of shepherding and blocking for Curtis inside 50 after one contest, he got in the way and cost us a certain goal.

WTF has happened to him. Its embarrassing watching him right now.

Don't wanna speculate. But would I be too far off base to suggest that the hair is playing a part given we know how much of a confidence human, let alone player he is. He's like bloody Samson

It was all those fricken Easter eggs he pinched.
homer simpson kearney zzyzwicz GIF

Started off as an explosive forward but we need to come to terms with his athletic profile changing. His acceleration has faded. Why? I don't know.

Athletically he now moves like a defensive winger except he can't play that role and he's not defensively inclined enough.

Real tough spot to be in.

This is on Clarko. Should never have played.
He can't break tackles. He can't sprint. He's making poor choices.
Instead of shepherding and blocking for Curtis inside 50 after one contest, he got in the way and cost us a certain goal.

WTF has happened to him. Its embarrassing watching him right now.
When he jumped for the ball that had PC’s name written on it. He came from nowhere, with no thought of team first play, to put a Shepard on. Not acceptable

If he doesn't have space to work with, he doesn't know what to do. But then again he would look far better in a side that knows what it's doing.
yep.

he is useless unless he receives the ball in space. has no ability to evade tacklers and no ability to break tackles if they come. cant even get the arms free or throw it on the boot. hes wrapped up immediately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back