Universal Love #2 Nathan Jones - Retired. Thank you Chunk

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy Birthday to the skipper, Just saw a stat, he's one of only 5 players in V/AFL history whose running tally of final margins is below -5000 points. **** me, he's been a trooper.

Would love to know who the other four are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember when he used to be exclusively an inside player throwing himself at every contest. Now that he can trust his team mates to win the footy he is playing on the outside more and using his skills. I thought he was best on on the weekend the way he used the footy was brilliant

Have said for a while he has become one of the better, more reliable kicks in our side and all while breaking through traffic.
His left foot goal was as clean a kick on an opposite foot that you'll see. Hit it well and was never missing.
His ability to snag a goal whenever he gets an opportunity is pretty unreal tbh - rarely kicks more than one a game but when he gets a go, it's normally home! Often off only 1 or 2 steps - love the man

It's worth savouring every game he plays; he's the kind of clubman people will talk about in 50 years time.

It's hard to put into words how much I respect him
Whilst I'm critical or positive on every player Jones when I'm watching him just appears like someone I couldn't criticize. Maybe that's what it feels like to watch a legend of your footy club.
It's like he's on a higher plane to the rest of our players

It's hard to put into words how much I respect him
Whilst I'm critical or positive on every player Jones when I'm watching him just appears like someone I couldn't criticize. Maybe that's what it feels like to watch a legend of your footy club.
It's like he's on a higher plane to the rest of our players

Probably helps he has significantly improved his own game under Roos and looks to have continued it this year.

Probably helps he has significantly improved his own game under Roos and looks to have continued it this year.

Roosy described it on MMM. When we were s**t he was almost a 'selfish' player in that he was always worried about playing well and being the man to get the footy.
Roosy told him that there's other ways to help and that included bringing his team mates into the game more rather than doing it all himself

One of THE most under-rated players in the whole competition. Absolute jet, this generation's version of Neitzy for his loyalty, dedication, aggression and lack of recognition outside the footy Club.
Very well said, I completely agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back