Senior 20. Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone ever met anyone called Elijah?
One of my great mates from the old days. Don't be fooled by the frown, loved a game of cards and slaughtered sheep for laughs.

Andrea_di_Bonaiuto_-_Madonna_and_Child_with_Saints_(detail)_-_WGA00311.jpg

Loved E Hollands as a junior and fits a need for us as a half forward who can take a mark and has scoreboard impact.

The fact we got him for a future third really shows GCS has been given far too much and are just wasting talent at this point. But hey if we reap the rewards so be it.

This is another fine mess you’ve got me into Ollie :p
laurel and hardy smoking GIF by Maudit

Loved E Hollands as a junior and fits a need for us as a half forward who can take a mark and has scoreboard impact.

The fact we got him for a future third really shows GCS has been given far too much and are just wasting talent at this point. But hey if we reap the rewards so be it.
How is it any different to us shipping off Dow for similar?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How is it any different to us shipping off Dow for similar?

Dow is 24 and has played 73 games. Has exposed form and his flaws are pretty clear at AFL level including a lack of versatility.

E Hollands is 21 coming off an ACL in his draft year and part of the drafts that were impacted by COVID. Has played 14 games and mostly for some unknown reason as a wing, when he was a HF/mid as a junior.

Dow is what he is, E Hollands hasn't been given the exposure or development to find his ceiling.

Comparing the two is nuts imo.

Hollands' VFL Grand Final highlights 😍

The thing I particularly notice is how effective and penetrating his handballs are...

Dow is 24 and has played 73 games. Has exposed form and his flaws are pretty clear at AFL level including a lack of versatility.

E Hollands is 21 coming off an ACL in his draft year and part of the drafts that were impacted by COVID. Has played 14 games and mostly for some unknown reason as a wing, when he was a HF/mid as a junior.

Dow is what he is, E Hollands hasn't been given the exposure or development to find his ceiling.

Comparing the two is nuts imo.

Both Dow and O'Brien would have been better off being drafted by better more established teams.

Too much turmoil for them to thrive so early in their career.

Think we are in a better place now for new recruits.

Both Dow and O'Brien would have been better off being drafted by better more established teams.

Too much turmoil for them to thrive so early in their career.

Think we are in a better place now for new recruits.

I mean you could say that about every player?

Like what player wouldn't benefit from joining a successful team.

Dow and LoB aren't the first top 10 picks that didn't pan out and won't be the last.

Weitering, McKay, JSOS, Curnow and to a lesser extent cunners found a way and have seen just as much turmoil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back