2006 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 14, 2003
Williamstown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
LA Angels, Maple Leafs
The 2006 fixture is officially released today at 3pm.

As a tease, here are some of our games I have discovered on other websites.

Round 1: Bulldogs v Richmond, Friday Night at the TelstraDome

Round 22: Bulldogs v Port Adelaide, TelstraDome (time/date TBA)

There is a thread on the main board saying that we play Geelong twice, with both games at the TelstraDome, but I am yet to confirm whether this is true or a hoax link.

hey flamethrower not sure if you have seen the other post on the draw on these boards but the round 22 game has aparently been changed to ess at home on a fri night td and the port adelaide game is in round 19 in darwin though youre right i guess well find out at 3 pm for sure.

Someone posted a leak of our entire draw last week - did a couple of searches and can't find it anywhere though ... was it deleted? :confused:

1 rich fri td
2 melb sat td
3 ess easter sun td
4 gee sat td
5 adel sat aa
6 stk sat td
7 port sun aa
8 syd sat nite scg
9 coll fri mcg
10 haw sat td
11 freo sun td
12 bris sat nite gabba
bye
13 wce sun sub
14 kan sun mcg
15 carl sun td
16 gee sun td
17 melb sun mcg
18 rich sat mcg
19 port sat nite darwin
20 adel sat mcg
21 stk fri td
22 ess fri td

Guido said:
Someone posted a leak of our entire draw last week - did a couple of searches and can't find it anywhere though ... was it deleted? :confused:

I did a search myself and i too couldn't find it. I am not sure why the mods would have deleted the thread - pointless if you ask me. I can't even remember who actually posted the thread.

listen to sen now. media are about to ask questions regarding the draw. they got it at 2:30 pm and have had 1 hour to study it and come up with questions to ask the afl.

What I posted.

4 Friday Night Games for the Doggies!

Play 5 of the top eight teams from this year twice, and difficult first seven games.

Richmond, Melbourne, Essendon to begin, should be at least 1-2 or 2-1.

Then a really hard run of Geelong at TD, Adelaide at AAMI, St Kilda at TD and then Port at AAMI, wouldn't expect to win any of them.

Play Geelong twice, both at Telstra, also play Port the second time in Darwin (copped an 80 point belting last time we played them there).

What ********s me is we don't get the requested second home game in Darwin, meaning another 'home game' in Sydney.

Last two games of the season are Friday nights, 6 interstate games (including a trip to the GABBA and then Subiaco in two rounds, albeit including the split round).

Overall, a fairly decent draw for the Dogs, bar the home game in Sydney and heaps of Sunday games in a row at some stage.

Football: The Bulldogs are tipped to be the big improvers in 2006 but they will need to be after being handed one of the toughest draws of any team. Along with the Kangaroos and Fremantle, the Dogs are the only team that has to play five of last year's finalists twice, including both South Australian teams plus St Kilda, Geelong and Melbourne. And while they play 2005 premiers Sydney just once, that match is in Sydney. The Dogs also travel six times although two of these are "home" games that the club has agreed to shift interstate, one against the Swans at the MCG and the other against Port in Darwin.
Commercial: The Doggies have been well-rewarded for their improvement in 2005 and for their expected further improvement in 2006 with a Friday night home match against Richmond to kick off their season while they finish with big home games at Telstra Dome against St Kilda and Essendon in the last two rounds. But they missed out on a home game against Collingwood

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SirBloodyIdiot said:
Overall, a fairly decent draw for the Dogs, bar the home game in Sydney and heaps of Sunday games in a row at some stage.
We play 5 of last year's top 8. I'd call that a **** of a draw. And it includes games away against the top 3 sides

Well, it is a challenge for us to see if we are any good.

sorry SBI i thought that was the "leaker" one posted about a week ago. Its a great draw IMO, play against the best sides from last year a lot which should be a real tester for us. Last 3 games in Melbourne are also good.

MeestaNob said:
No home game against the Pies is pretty bloody ordinary.

Yeah :thumbsdown:

Tough draw .. Apart from the fact we've got 4 friday night games, it's a bad draw. Ah well. If we're gonna be the best, we need to beat anyone anywhere. This is certainly the biggest opportunity to prove just that.

John Gent said:
We play 5 of last year's top 8. I'd call that a **** of a draw. And it includes games away against the top 3 sides

Yeah but that includes Port who are on the way down and Melbourne and Geelong who we can easily beat, so those six games are very winnable. Playing St Kilda and Adelaide twice are the hard ones.

Sucks that we have to play at home in Sydney.

Also sucks that we cannot have a Monday night game, yet Collingwood can.
AFL may aswell change their name to Collingwood League.

That was something I couldn't understand, how do Collingwood get a Monday Night Game when we asked for one.

Full Bulldogs Fixture

Round 1 - Friday, 31st March
Western Bulldogs vs. Richmond Telstra Dome (Night)

Round 2 -Saturday, 8th April
Western Bulldogs vs. Melbourne Telstra Dome

Round 3 - Sunday, 16th April
Essendon vs. Western Bulldogs Telstra Dome

Round 4 - Saturday, 22nd April
Western Bulldogs vs. Geelong Telstra Dome

Round 5 - Saturday, 29th April
Adelaide vs. Western Bulldogs AAMI Stadium

Round 6 - Saturday, 6th May
St. Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs Telstra Dome

Round 7 - Sunday, 14th May
Port Adelaide vs. Western Bulldogs AAMI Stadium (Early Start)

Round 8 - Saturday, 20th May
Western Bulldogs vs. Sydney S.C.G. (Night)

Round 9 - Friday, 26th May
Collingwood vs. Western Bulldogs M.C.G. (Night)

Round 10 - Saturday, 3rd June
Western Bulldogs vs. Hawthorn Telstra Dome

Round 11 - Sunday, 11th June
Western Bulldogs vs. Fremantle Telstra Dome

Round 12 - Saturday, 17th June
Brisbane Lions vs. Western Bulldogs Gabba (Night)

Round 13 - Sunday, 2nd July
West Coast vs. Western Bulldogs Subiaco

Round 14 - Sunday, 9th July
Western Bulldogs vs. Kangaroos M.C.G.

Round 15 - Sunday, 16th July
Carlton vs. Western Bulldogs Telstra Dome

Round 16 - Sunday, 23rd July
Geelong vs. Western Bulldogs Telstra Dome

Round 17 - Sunday, 30th July
Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs M.C.G.

Round 18 - Saturday, 5th August
Richmond vs. Western Bulldogs M.C.G.

Round 19 - Saturday, 12th August
Western Bulldogs vs. Port Adelaide Marrara Oval (Night)

Round 20 - Saturday, 19th August
Western Bulldogs vs. Adelaide M.C.G.

Round 21 - Friday, 25th August
Western Bulldogs vs. St. Kilda Telstra Dome (Night)

Round 22 - Friday, 1st September
Western Bulldogs vs. Essendon Telstra Dome (Night)

Guido said:

Yes we were requested to remove however now that the draw has been released by the AFL we could have returned it. This one should be sufficient.

2006 Fixture Released
5:34:32 PM Tue 4 October, 2005
www.westernbulldogs.com.au

LeasePlan Western Bulldogs Chief Executive Campbell Rose has made the following comments regarding the 2006 AFL fixture.

‘‘The Western Bulldogs are delighted that the AFL has recognised the exciting brand of football played by the Western Bulldogs and have listened to our requests, particularly in terms of Friday night fixturing. As such, we are pleased to play in four Friday night matches, with three of these games being home games at Telstra Dome.

“Overall our travel in 2006 has been largely reduced compared to previous seasons, where we have been one of the highest travelling Victorian teams in past seasons.

“We look forward to opening our season by hosting the first AFL match in Melbourne when we take on Richmond on Friday night, 31st March. We are expecting a huge crowd to come along to the match, with all our supporters getting out in their red, white and blue to cheer on the team.

“The Western Bulldogs are disappointed that our request for two Darwin home games was denied. However, the Club will continue to establish strong relationships in Darwin in the form of education and training programs to further benefit all members of the community.

“At the same time, the Western Bulldogs understand the AFL’s requirement for us to play a home game in Sydney to assist with the difficulty surrounding 2006 Commonwealth Games scheduling.

‘‘Overall, the Western Bulldogs are pleased we are getting a fixture that represents the contribution the Club has made to the game, with supporters now having the opportunity to watch more Bulldogs games on free to air TV, further strengthening the Bulldogs brand,” said Rose.

Click below to view the 2006 fixture

http://westernbulldogs.com.au/default.asp?pg=fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back