Fixture 2023 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be happy if we got four prime time slots to close out the season. I don't mind Friday night games, as it opens up the rest of the weekend.

Need more Sat afternoon games. Can make a whole day out of it in the city. So to get both would be a plus. Hopefully the leaks are correct.

Only thing that annoys me is the 7.50 start. I thought the AFL & 7 said they’d be ok bringing it forward and not worry about that Better Homes & Gardens lead in bs

So the AFL love us so much they give us multiple prime time Thursday and Friday nights, but they still dumped us from Good Friday.
We were never going to have it as our home game nor make money out of it so it was probably for the best. I prefer plenty of Friday/Saturday Night games for more exposure.

Still wish we had a marquee game of some sort though. Seems like every spot is taken up.

I actually like that there is a few Marvel 1.00 or 1.45pm games. Wish there was a few more.

Agreed.

When you live regionally, it's a lot easier to be home at a reasonable time.

We (me and my fanatical Dogs supporting wife) genuinely enjoy the 4.35 Saturday time slot - early enough to go out for dinner and still be home
before midnight!

Can understand others having problems with it, though.

Last edited:
With the crowd numbers we've been pulling this year we should be thrown to the MCG more vs the big teams, getting super hard to get tickets vs the Collingwood/Carltons of the world.
I have been vouching for us to play Essendon at the MCG (away) for years. We always get 45k+ vs them at Marvel.

We played Carlton at the MCG in 2017 I think but after that it’s just been Richmond and Collingwood. We don’t even play Hawthorn there anymore.

I have been vouching for us to play Essendon at the MCG (away) for years. We always get 45k+ vs them at Marvel.

We played Carlton at the MCG in 2017 I think but after that it’s just been Richmond and Collingwood. We don’t even play Hawthorn there anymore.
I'd say another 2-3 more years with our growth we'll be at the MCG a hell of a lot more. Carlton and Collingwood this year should 100% be at the G'

Yeah I am not a fan either. Means getting home at 1am for me

Agreed.

When you live regionally, it's a lot easier to be home at a reasonable time.

We (me and my fanatical Dogs supporting wife) genuinely enjoy the 4.35 Saturday time slot - early enough to go out for dinner and still be home
before midnight!

Can understand others having problems with it, though.

We've enjoyed the 4:35 games too. When we lived in Melbourne, those timeslots were annoying, but travelling pretty much 2 hours each way these days, as you both say, getting home before midnight is preferable to driving through dense fog in the Gordon area, and then again west of Ballarat at 1am on a winter's night.

If on a winter's night a diehard supporter....

The Friday night start times, while crap for those of us who live outside of Melbourne is the price to pay for those timeslots unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back