Draft Review 2008 - Re-do the 2008 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Reverse Coleman doesn't hold a lot of weight IMO, to many variables.
Exactly.

Exactly, and not just the in game variables, but the way it's measured too. What classifies as a goal being kicked on you? If you're within a certain distance of the goal kicker? If you started on the player? If he gets a free but you didn't give it to him? If he gets loose at a stoppage? etc. etc.

Exactly.

Exactly, and not just the in game variables, but the way it's measured too. What classifies as a goal being kicked on you? If you're within a certain distance of the goal kicker? If you started on the player? If he gets a free but you didn't give it to him? If he gets loose at a stoppage? etc. etc.

Also need to factor in the quality of the 3rd man up etc etc, Hawks have the best 3rd man up in the comp in Gibson, the s**t he does can't be taught, but i bet the Hawks KBs don't hesitate to buy him a beer post match.

Did mohr only concede 40? Not bad considering the ammount of opposition inside 50s per game.

To me, Mohr is a funny type of player. I see him in games where he's battling constant barrages of attacks and he's fending many of them off. It's like watching Rocky on the ropes. And I think to myself that he's an incredible competitor and deserves to be on a better side.

Then I consider that frankly the rest of his game is pretty lacking, hence I think why he was passed over by teams in the past. So maybe trying to hold it together at the back for a team that's being engulfed in the middle, is the perfect place for him.

I am well aware of his limitations hence the over stock of young KPD on our list. But he was basically one of the better KPD in the vfl and has provided us with a mature body down back. I think he will be squeezed out when the kids develop but until then he is a good fit for us.

Thought id give it a go after seeing how s*** the first one posted was, much harder than i thought to make the list.

1. Nic Naitanui
2. Dayne Beams
3. Daniel Hannebery
4. Tom Rockliff
5. Steele Sidebottom
6. Stephen Hill
7. Jack Ziebell
8. Rory Sloane
9. David Zaharakis
10. Luke Shuey
11. Hamish Hartlett
12. Daniel Rich
13. Jack Redden
14. Mitch Robinson
15. Steve Motlop
16. Hayden Ballantyne
17. Phil Davis
18. Zac Clarke
19. Luke Bruest
20. Michael Walters
21. Matthew De boer
22. Mike Pyke
23. Jarryd Blair
24. Michael Hurley
25. Lachy Keefe

Mainly just the top 10 I was focusing on, hte rest is all over the place

Last edited:
Thought id give it a go after seeing how s*** the first one posted was, much harder than i thought to make the list.

1. Nic Naitanui
2. Dayne Beams
3. Tom Rockliff
4. Steele Sidebottom
5. Daniel Hannebery
6. Stephen Hill
7. Jack Ziebell
8. Rory Sloane
9. David Zaharakis
10. Luke Shuey
11. Hamish Hartlett
12. Daniel Rich
13. Jack Redden
14. Mitch Robinson
15. Steve Motlop
16. Hayden Ballantyne
17. Phil Davis
18. Matt Suckling
19. Zac Clarke
20. Mike Pyke
21. Matthew De boer
22. Jarryd Blair
23. Michael Hurley

You missed Luke Breust. Also Suckling was drafted in the 2006 rookie draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Nic Naitanui
2. Dayne Beams
3. Tom Rockliff
4. Steele Sidebottom
5. Daniel Hannebery
6. Stephen Hill
7. Jack Ziebell
8. Rory Sloane
9. David Zaharakis
10. Luke Shuey
11. Hamish Hartlett
12. Daniel Rich
13. Jack Redden
14. Mitch Robinson
15. Steve Motlop
16. Hayden Ballantyne
17. Phil Davis
18. Zac Clarke
19. Luke Bruest
20. Mike Pyke
21. Matthew De boer
22. Jarryd Blair
23. Michael Hurley

Not a bad effort, I don't want to get into another rockliff slanging match so I won't mention him, but sidders is way to high IMO, I think he's around 8th+

Not a bad effort, I don't want to get into another rockliff slanging match so I won't mention him, but sidders is way to high IMO, I think he's around 8th+
Yeah I originally had him at 7, then kept seeing him top 4 on other peoples lists, its that 3-6 region that I had the most trouble with

Yeah I originally had him at 7, then kept seeing him top 4 on other peoples lists, its that 3-6 region that I had the most trouble with
Yeah it's bloody hard, I'd have Hanners and Sloane ahead of him, hill on talent.

Hanners is being criminally underrated in this thread IMO.

Yeah it's bloody hard, I'd have Hanners and Sloane ahead of him, hill on talent.

Hanners is being criminally underrated in this thread IMO.

Absolutely.

Rising Star winner, All Australian, Premiership player, runner up Norm Smith medalist (should've won), top 5 brownlow, all by the age of 22! (he was 17 when he was drafted)

Out of the mids only Beams can match that.

1. Nic Naitanui
2. Dayne Beams
3. Daniel Hannebery
4. Tom Rockliff
5. Steele Sidebottom
6. Stephen Hill
7. Jack Ziebell
8. Rory Sloane
9. David Zaharakis
10. Luke Shuey
11. Hamish Hartlett
12. Daniel Rich
13. Jack Redden
14. Mitch Robinson
15. Steve Motlop
16. Hayden Ballantyne
17. Phil Davis
18. Zac Clarke
19. Luke Bruest
20. Michael Walters
21. Matthew De boer
22. Mike Pyke
23. Jarryd Blair
24. Michael Hurley
25. Lachy Keefe

Is Zeibell so high on potential? Id have the top 20 infront of him. At lets Hurley has dropped for his top 3 rating by many from a few years ago. Hopefully Hamish can push forward into the top 5 this year, currently he's about right on your list.

1. Nic Naitanui
2. Dayne Beams
3. Daniel Hannebery
4. Tom Rockliff
5. Steele Sidebottom
6. Stephen Hill
7. Jack Ziebell
8. Rory Sloane
9. David Zaharakis
10. Luke Shuey
11. Hamish Hartlett
12. Daniel Rich
13. Jack Redden

14. Mitch Robinson
15. Steve Motlop
16. Hayden Ballantyne
17. Phil Davis
18. Zac Clarke
19. Luke Bruest
20. Michael Walters
21. Matthew De boer
22. Mike Pyke
23. Jarryd Blair
24. Michael Hurley
25. Lachy Keefe

That's the only one to me who sticks out like nobody's business. Robinson's just a bog ordinary midfielder who uses it really poorly. I'd have all the guys you named below him well in front apart from perhaps Keefe. I'd also take guys like Roughead, Shiels and Broadbent ahead of him too.

Is Zeibell so high on potential? Id have the top 20 infront of him. At lets Hurley has dropped for his top 3 rating by many from a few years ago. Hopefully Hamish can push forward into the top 5 this year, currently he's about right on your list.

Funny that you shoot Ziebell and Hurley down the list yet happy to pump up Hartlett mostly on potential. In reality the three should all be around the same mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back