3. Sidebottom
4. Rockliff
5. Hannebery
6. NicNat
7. Redden
8. Shuey
9. Breust
10. Hill

Apologies to Roughead, Rich, Hartlett, Walters, Zaka, Motlop, Broadbent.

Where are all the Brisbane supporters? For me, Rockliff is clearly above Sloane, and fighting it out for the second spot behind Beams with Hannebery and Sidebottom.

Where are all the Brisbane supporters? For me, Rockliff is clearly above Sloane, and fighting it out for the second spot behind Beams with Hannebery and Sidebottom.

Im here and yes, Rockliff would be third if not second, behind Beams.

I find it hard to believe Hill makes it in that list.
Hartlett is a much better player than Hill.
I think you guys are underrating Hill, but otherwise I was only confident in the top 8 of mine, then decided Breust needed to be in at number 9. But as for the number 10 spot, it was a toss up between Hill, Rich and Hartlett, and I decide to go with Hill.

My current top 10 of the 2008 AFL draft would be:

1. Dayne Beams
2. Tom Rockliff
3. Rory Sloane
4. Chris Yarran
5. Dan Hannebery
6. Jack Redden
7. Hamish Hartlett
8. Steele Sidebottom
9. David Zaharakis
10. Breust

Honorable mentions to Liam Shiels, Walters and a few others
Yarran? A bit high

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How I'd have it right now

1. Beams - The clear number 1 right now
2. Rockliff - I think this is pretty clear too. Does it all and does it consistently
3. Hannebery - The first few rounds were an anomaly. An absolute gut-buster who can be very damaging.
4. Steele Sidebottom - Has gone up a level this year. Played more games than the rest of the draft class and only the above three average more disposals. 90 goals is a huge return too.
5. Sloane - Is a very valuable contributor already and has shown the ability to take the game by the scruff of the neck.
6. Hartlett - Looks like he's finding the consistency that has held him back so far. Has all the tools.
7. Breust - Playing a difficult role and doing it so effectively. Can rise even higher too.
8. Zaharakis - Not having a great year but he's already shown how good he can be.
9. Redden - Not as classy as some of these, but gets it done. Love watching him go about it.
10. Motlop - Probably the most talented of the draft class and can tear a game apart.

Schoey in a half has shown more as forward than Watts has in his career. Breust is looking like a top 3-5 player of the '08 class the way he's playing this season.

It really is scary to see where Watts would be rated in this draft. He wouldn't be top 20 surely.

1. Steven Motlop
2. Dayne Beams
3. Tom Rockliff
4. Dan Hannebery
5. Luke Breust
6. Rory Sloane
7. Stephen Hill
8. Jack Ziebell
9. Hamish Hartlett
10. Mike Pike

You could say the same thing about the non-Carlton fans on here who can't acknowledge Yarran's form in his last 16 games. I guess it's OK to list Broadbent, Roughead and others without having your opinion challenged.
Well I assume if people had Broadbent and Roughead at #4 in the draft their opinion would be challenged.

1. Steven Motlop
2. Dayne Beams
3. Tom Rockliff
4. Dan Hannebery
5. Luke Breust
6. Rory Sloane
7. Stephen Hill
8. Jack Ziebell
9. Hamish Hartlett
10. Mike Pike
I get that NN has been injured and is out of form atm but honestly how the F*** can you rationalise pike being better than an AA ruckmen? You think he has more potential than NN??

I get that NN has been injured and is out of form atm but honestly how the F*** can you rationalise pike being better than an AA ruckmen? You think he has more potential than NN??
That's true but you could also toss in Redden into the top 10 discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back