Who DON'T you want your team to draft? 2023 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m fairly sure you would have preferred to keep Brockman.
And Buddy didn’t just leave for $1m pa.
Fair point about brockman. Bud absolutely left for the cash though, whatever he said otherwise.

Stevens, get Jarrad Jansen sort of vibes, get away with just being bigger than everyone else in junior footy, got too many one paced mids on the list already and dont think the skill set is there to play him anywhere else.

Stevens is better as a defender than jansen ever was.

I am comfortable taking him at pick 5 for Hawthorn. In the last 20 years the only player we ever lost we really wanted to keep was Bud, and he didn't even want to leave, he was just offered infinite money from the AFL backed sydney franchise. If our culture is good he will stay. We aren't North.

Still talking about us I see.

I am comfortable taking him at pick 5 for Hawthorn. In the last 20 years the only player we ever lost we really wanted to keep was Bud, and he didn't even want to leave, he was just offered infinite money from the AFL backed sydney franchise. If our culture is good he will stay. We aren't North.
Tom Mitchell just came 4th in the best and fairest in a team that won the premiership. Burton, Duryea, O’Meara and should we ingnore Rioli quitting football early.

You must of slept through 2023 - but tell us about the great Hawks culture!!

Tom Mitchell just came 4th in the best and fairest in a team that won the premiership. Burton, Duryea, O’Meara and should we ingnore Rioli quitting football early.

No one said Tom was no good. Omeara did nothing and is cooked, duryea chose to leave and burton is one of those “great” blokes. Also culture changes over time as people within the organisation change.
It’s quite amusing receiving a culture lecture from a north supporter.

We didn't want to keep any of those players other than Rioli. Not sure retirements are part of this conversation though.

Poor North though. The first club in history to have their number 1 pick walk out the door.

Do you think it will shape your current and future drafting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor North though. The first club in history to have their number 1 pick walk out the door.

Given that you made up the above, do you think your hatred of north causes you to constantly get things wrong an embarrass yourself.

I swear you hawks fans complain about our “handouts” and then allow north to live rent free inside your heads.

Every second post on the hawthorn board is a whinge about north. And you finished one spot above us on the ladder and last won a final the year north did.

Which is odd as truth be told I take a quick glance at your avatar and keep assuming you are a GWS fan. Takes me a few more seconds to realise you are not.
Yeah. Unfortunate colour scheme. It is the pool cue shaft I use.

Any undersized ruck or midfielder who has questions on their tank..
Goad and May are 207cm, Edwards is 206cm, Dowling and Green are 204cm, Visentini, Pike and L. Smith are 203cm and Read and E. Smith are 202cm. Heck even Reid, Livingstone, Croft, Murphy and Dawson are all 200cm +.
You'd be hard-pressed to find an undersized ruck in this draft.

We didn't want to keep any of those players other than Rioli. Not sure retirements are part of this conversation though.

Its funny when supporters pretend they have an understanding of the game and then embarrass themselves with a post like this,.

Tom Boyd & Tom Scully hay hi. lol 1st club in history!!!!

Sorry yep, I often forget the plastic franchise.

Tom-Scully.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back