Who DON'T you want your team to draft? 2023 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
A new staple of the DTFA board heading into the draft, lets hear about the players you don't want your team to take with their first 1 or 2 picks. Some personal highlights through the years;

Melbourne NOT to draft Luke Jackson at 3.

Ruckmen are not that important, and Melbourne already has a top ruck, plus a competent backup in Preuss.

Would be a ridiculous pick. Will not be re-signing membership if Dees pick Jackson, will get a GWS membership instead.
Dont want any talls except Jackson or McAsey. No to Worrell De Koning etc.
Dont want Weightman or Pickett (low production) or Bergman (too inconsistent not durable) or Bianco.
I don't want Wanganeen-Milera at 9 (11). He looks like a gorgeous kick, but he's not overly quick and he appears very outside. Probably has the biggest bust potential of all the players linked to our pick.

AND OF COURSE, links to former threads to enjoy (please do not troll the really bad answers xx);

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to getting these wrong.

Sanders looks like a possession getter with low hurt factor. We already have enough of these types.

O'Sullivan because I'm scarred by key defenders using high picks (Curtin has more tools though and I like the look of him).

Windsor because he has no contested game-gives me Jimmy Toumpas vibes.

Riley Hardeman. His kicking worries me, missed plenty of targets in games I’ve seen. Would prefer a HBF/winger with accurate disposal.

Colby McKercher. Looks a great prospect but I think he’s a very high flight risk due to the Tassie team’s entry.
McKercher or Sanders, not because I don't rate them but because they would be priority targets for Tassie when they enter the comp.

People are reading this wrong.

When Tassie join they will be given some amazing assets to bring in players, they will be flush with high picks and they will overpay in a big way.

When Tassie join they will be given some amazing assets to bring in players, they will be flush with high picks and they will overpay in a big way.
When it comes to the AFL and us I never assume anything lol. We would be lucky to get an expired bag or Doritos.

Yeah but think most would rather a 22 year old heading into their prime then getting paid overs in draft picks for 18 year olds

McKercher will be a gun, but I'd be concerned adding him to our list with the number of promising mids we already have.

Curtin also looks a gun, but I don't see where his best position is for us since we're stacked for mids and tall, athletic half backs.

I'm all in on the Wizard bandwagon, so anyone else we pick is technically somebody I don't want us to draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back