2011 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Great Draft by Rendell.
Really amazing, couldnt have hoped for better result.

Slightly dissapointed missing Forster, but obviously Kerridge is better talent.

Im so glad we didnt get Talia or Frost who cant kick.....

27:
Mids- Crozier, D.Smith, McKenzie
Def- Frost, Talia

41:
Mids- Kerridge, C.Smith
Fwds- Dobosz, Murdoch, M.Williams
Def- Boseley

46:
Mids- Grigg, Waldhuter, Yeo, Crisp
Def- Schade

64:
Fwds- Spurr, Turner, Manson, Lee
Mids- Pfeiffer, Sundberg
Def- Clarke, Curran

Look who's still on the list guys. Rookie draft is looking good:thumbsu:

So left for RD we still have frost, craig, young, spurr, pfieffer that I can think of just now, o yer then there is that crazy athletic dude from the APY lands as well, cant wait for RD!

What pick do we have in that???

“We didn’t really think he’d be there”. And the clichés start.

So our first pick had OP, our third pick had a shoulder injury and our last pick’s had a knee-recon.

This draft couldn’t have gone better. Super stuff. :thumbsu:

Have we missed an opportunity to pick up a tall? We have lost a few without any real replacements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“We didn’t really think he’d be there”. And the clichés start.

So our first pick had OP, our third pick had a shoulder injury and our last pick’s had a knee-recon.

This draft couldn’t have gone better. Super stuff. :thumbsu:

Most of our players fell in the range that was estimated pre-draft.

What a ridiculous thing to say. Different eras, different coaches and different players. Haven't had too many champions from Norwood either, but should we stop drafting them because of history?

Its just that certain people can be nothing but partisan and negative.

Reality is we have no clue if they will be good or not but for god's sake we should support them wholeheartedly as they are kids who are in our club now.

Personally think Grigg could be a very good pick. I feel he has been harshly judged for a couple of shockers with Norwood. Best kick in 5 years? Love that even if an exaggeration.

Personally think Grigg could be a very good pick. I feel he has been harshly judged for a couple of shockers with Norwood. Best kick in 5 years? Love that even if an exaggeration.

Boom/bust but worth a chance at pick 41

Kerridge moved away from his family and friends in Mildura to Bendigo as a 16-year-old to further his football development with the Pioneers in the TAC Cup.

Mildura wont give much of a "homesickness" seeing how far away it is from Melbourne

From the way I look at it, we "targeted" big bodied midfielders in Kerridge (188,86) and Grigg (182,82), a really athletic talent in CEY and the mystery pick in Joyce. Dissapointed we passed on Murdoch, but I'm excited about the options in the rookie draft.

Really interesting who we get with Pick 5 in the Rookie Draft. Frost would have to be a huge chance if he is still there. Manson is the real strage one. Massive talent, I can't see him being picked in the rookie draft now. Clubs must be too scared.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back