Oppo Camp 2012 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A couple of years back we had a thread something like what would you like to see on the Cats web site.

Well I've made up my mind,a bloody up grade of height and weights in the players list,a quick look at a 2009 AFL Record shows the same height and weights given on the Cats web site today for the following players,Mitch Brown,Josh Cowan,Mitch Duncan,Tom Gillies,Daniel Menzel and Nathan Vardy.All these young players will have built up over their 3 or 4 years on the list.

Come on Geelong Footy Club this is laziness,Good to Great and all that stuff keep the fans up to date.

How shaky is Fords and what is their level of involvement $ with the Geelong Football Club any one have the answer.

I was just thinking that when I heard the news yesterday and sorta worried a little.....forget the poor men & women who have lost their jobs and will find it tough in the next 6 months :(, I am more worried for the future of Ford and the club

you'd think it would be in the millions and millions as the whole city of Geelong is basically functioned by the sponsorship of Ford from Cafe's to pubs to the local footy clubs.
If worst came to worst and Ford was no longer a sponsor then we'd have to look at other major sponsors perhaps abroad but that can then lead to larger problems as we have seen with recent codes around the world and it becomes more about the money than the club and supporters (eg. Hicks/Gillett & Liverpool)

How shaky is Fords and what is their level of involvement $ with the Geelong Football Club any one have the answer.
images

That was the only good shaky thing to come out of fords.

A couple of years back we had a thread something like what would you like to see on the Cats web site.

Well I've made up my mind,a bloody up grade of height and weights in the players list,a quick look at a 2009 AFL Record shows the same height and weights given on the Cats web site today for the following players,Mitch Brown,Josh Cowan,Mitch Duncan,Tom Gillies,Daniel Menzel and Nathan Vardy.All these young players will have built up over their 3 or 4 years on the list.

Come on Geelong Footy Club this is laziness,Good to Great and all that stuff keep the fans up to date.

Have you thought of emailing the club about that one YPO?

Richmond are currently at $4 to make the top 8 according to Sports Bet.
http://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting/australian-rules/afl

if that's not the biggest sucker bet I ever seen then I dunno what is :thumbsdown:

The books are dangling that s**t like a carrot in front of mule.
Apart from Riewoldt, who else is going to be able to kick a great bulk of their goals :eek:
I mean sure, Martin & Nahas are good for 30 or more but where are their bigger bodied forwards who are able to win the ball when scores are tight.
Vickery is steadily becoming a top player & Riewoldt a gun but Richmond are behind the Demons who have a better backline and forward line and same goes for the Western Bulldogs, Bombers etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you thought of emailing the club about that one YPO?

They must know rabbi, probably not in their best interest to have all the information out there,only frustrates me with blokes like Brown, we're trying to judge for ourselves whether or not his body is ready for AFL footy on information over 3 years old ei Brown 196 cm/85 kgs who's to say he hasn't grown he could be 197/8cm and 93/95kgs now.
Ah the frustrations of following the the young kids on their way to the top.

dunno if some of those stats are actually correct either, I met Gazza jnr once and he's listed at 182cm or 6ft tall but he looked more around 177cm.
Dawson has apparently grown since he was measured to around 208cm and Motlop is listed at 6ft but would have thought he's more around Bundy's height.

Then again looks can be very deceiving as Corey in person looks quite taller than he is on the field as so too Stevie J who has a solid upper back and seems to stand taller than his mates when you see them at the local footy.

I had a photo taken with Bartel and was surprised by his height but I guess we are so use to seeing them on TV that compared to the average height they are deceptive in the flesh.

Bloody excited that footy is back
an_woo.gif

Can't stand this pre-season crap though
an_lightening.gif

Am putting North Melbourne into the final 8 along with Melbourne.
Harvey, Ziebell, Swallow, Wells and Cunnington have enough toughness/quality to dictate a match in the final stages and they should trouble most sides.

I don't see Sydney making the final 8 this year for some reason. I think they will lose the away games that they won in previous years against the Tigers, Demons etc and it will be telling at the conclusion of the year.

I'm 182cm, and I was looking up ever so slightly when I met him.

really?

haha...well looks can be deceiving I guess. How solid did he look though :eek: he's got a big back like his father and you could sense he'd be one super strong individual.

Certainly must spend alot of time in the gym and is as dedicated to his fitness as any athlete there is.

just checking the website, player profiles weight etc doesn't appear to have been updated...really wanted to see how much weight the new guys had put on over the pre-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back