NRL 2012 - Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Perth drew 16,000 last year in torrential downpour, and most of the people there would have been locals. Not to mention that game was sold out, just 6000 people didn't show (fair enough too, it was bloody wet!) Same thing earlier in the year when we drew 13,000 for a pre season game. Look, we're doing everything right, we have the plan, we have the support, we just need the team!

This year's game in two weeks time should sell out as well.

I don't think anyone doubts, not disagrees that so long as the business case stands up which it should, that Perth are back in.

& so they bloody should be. In an era of "rationalization to expand and grow" Perth's murder stands alone at the top of the News Ltd crimes against the sport ladder. This of course coming from someone's whose team was forced to merge.

Even Norths fans realise it. You see in other forums ire and attacks nowadays directed toward the Brisbane bids. Even they accept they won't knock over Perth

& 16,000 in Perth in any conditions is more impressive than 17,000 in Gosford featuring an inner city club v a northern beaches one.

A case of a good Bulldogs side or a poor Dragons side?

I just watched this game, and I have to say, what happened to the Dragons? I'm sure they're missing Darius Boyd, who is a class player, but they made so many un-Dragons-like unforced errors. And it's not like the Dogs played Benji-esque razzle-dazzle football. They just played good simple stuff, competed vigorously for the ball, and thoroughly deserved their win. In fact, the Dogs had a few poor refereeing decisions go against them, which could have made the final score even worse. James Graham was rather less impressive than in his first game, but I'm sure he will prove a valuable acquisition. If the Dragons had played like that in the WCC last year, Wigan would have beaten them comfortably.

Empty seats dont equal encouragement they deserve a team when most in attendance would have travelled up the highway.

Was pleased to see empty bays. The lower crowds Gosford gets the better at present. Anything that ensures North Sydney are not involved in the next expansion the better.

nb: Not directed at yu as I don't know (care) where you stand on expansion.

But good, one can only hope that viewpoint turns out to be true. The only circumstance that Norths should be allowed to return is if Cronulla fall over. Which is now no real certainty either.

Brisbane + Perth is where all RL supporters should be directing their support

(Unless you are BB :) )
Hey **** you buddy :p

Although food for thought, GC Titans couldnt even crack 12K yesterday. Should we really putting another SE Qld side in when they clearly need more time to establish themselves.

Perth drew 16,000 last year in torrential downpour, and most of the people there would have been locals. Not to mention that game was sold out, just 6000 people didn't show (fair enough too, it was bloody wet!) Same thing earlier in the year when we drew 13,000 for a pre season game. Look, we're doing everything right, we have the plan, we have the support, we just need the team!

This year's game in two weeks time should sell out as well.

The WA have done everything right. I also heard that game last year which was affected by rain was a once in 50 yr occurrance or something along those lines.

Hey **** you buddy :p

Although food for thought, GC Titans couldnt even crack 12K yesterday. Should we really putting another SE Qld side in when they clearly need more time to establish themselves.

You know I've never been pro Norths returning.

Brisbane has nothing to do with the Gold Coast. The game MUST have a game at Lang Park every weekend.

some incredible games so far this year. those games on friday night were amazing. roosters game not so much. they were terrible.

didn't realise storm souths game was on. just turned it on. should be an interesting second half.

at least it's been a somewhat encouraging start to the season for nsw with the form of tony williams and michael jennings. it'll be interesting to see if and how the morris brothers go. perennial underperformers in state of origin, though josh hasn't got much of a shot. and with dugan, hayne and coote to choose from at fullback that position is set for some time, though it may be some weeks before hayne is at his best.

in saying all that, with the way cherry evans has started this year, to have a halves trio of him, cronk and thurstan to choose from is going to be very very tough to handle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

some incredible games so far this year. those games on friday night were amazing. roosters game not so much. they were terrible.

didn't realise storm souths game was on. just turned it on. should be an interesting second half.

at least it's been a somewhat encouraging start to the season for nsw with the form of tony williams and michael jennings. it'll be interesting to see if and how the morris brothers go. perennial underperformers in state of origin, though josh hasn't got much of a shot. and with dugan, hayne and coote to choose from at fullback that position is set for some time, though it may be some weeks before hayne is at his best.

in saying all that, with the way cherry evans has started this year, to have a halves trio of him, cronk and thurstan to choose from is going to be very very tough to handle.
Need Chris Lawrence to hit his best form, struggling a bit after that terrible injury last year.

I only saw first half of the Roosters match. There was a strech there when they played brilliant football in that they were keeping Penrith in their own 35 metres or so, then making good yards, good kick, looked like Penrith would crack, but Chooks attack was ineffective. Then Jennings scored that try and that was it.

Sounded like they only got worse in the second half.

Another week, another disgraceful refereeing decision

I have realised its because of Carney, Gallop couldnt come up with a real reason to keep him out of the game but going to ensure his team never wins a game, look forward to playing a shit team and having 10 disallowed tries
Referees dont drop the ball constantly, blow 3-4 clear try scoring opportunities or have the shittest three quarter line in the NRL.

Need Chris Lawrence to hit his best form, struggling a bit after that terrible injury last year.

Would be most helpful if Chris could steer clear of New South Fail this year.

Referees dont drop the ball constantly, blow 3-4 clear try scoring opportunities or have the shittest three quarter line in the NRL.

:thumbsu::D:thumbsu:

Sharkies :D

Just watched the Roosters/Panthers game. Having Anasta back made the Roosters show some slight improvement over their fortunate win in Round 1, but they were still pretty poor in attack and were comfortably beaten by a fairly ordinary Penrith side.

Funnily enough, I feel about the Panthers much as I feel about Bolton Wanderes in the Premier League: they're not really that good, but somehow I've got a soft spot for them. And they were plenty good enough to beat Sydney this week. If I was a Roosters fan, I'd be looking forward to this season with some trepidation.

I'm so hopeless with tipping winners and always so late in putting my tips in, so here goes for R.2 :

Tigers
Brisbane
Titans
Dragons
Sharks
Rabbits (regulars will know why)
Roosters
Warriors

Sorry but i have to laugh.

I can't get over the fact that not a lot of people tipped the Dogs.

One of the best forward packs going around with an underrated halves combination, added to that a more aggressive game plan under Hasler, a Dragons side on the decline and our first home game of the season, made it an easy tip IMO.

I had the Bulldogs in 3rd place. Early days I know, but they look the goods.

I still think 2013 will be our year when/if we acquire the Stewart brothers and Foran from Manly.

I still can't see anybody beating the Manly's, Storm or Warriors at the bussiness end of the 2012.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back