2012 SC Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both named in the starting 18, don't think they can be subs.

It doesnt really matter where they were originally selected. Gunston was selected on the field and ended up sub.

Thanks mate, wasn't sure.

I doubt Magner will be the sub anyways, his pre season has been solid, and Melbourne isn't exactly flushed with tough inside mids.

Watched Barlow's game very closely today and he gets himself around so many contests. The thing I noticed today though is he doesn't go and get much of his own ball. Seems to sit off the pack and hopes it comes to him. He didn't have an opponent a lot of the time and was running free through the midfield and therefore should have got his hands on it much more than he did. He was also open a number of times & team mates seemed to overlook him. Have not watched him very closely before, is this how he usually plays?

Watched Barlow's game very closely today and he gets himself around so many contests. The thing I noticed today though is he doesn't go and get much of his own ball. Seems to sit off the pack and hopes it comes to him. He didn't have an opponent a lot of the time and was running free through the midfield and therefore should have got his hands on it much more than he did. He was also open a number of times & team mates seemed to overlook him. Have not watched him very closely before, is this how he usually plays?

Before the broken leg, he got heaps of contested footy and was Sandi's best mate in stoppages. Now he floats through the middle looking for cheapies.

Sadly, i think the leg has him. Will upgrade him in round 12.

Sidebottom, how will his scores be affected by Thomas returning? has torn it up in his absence...... but will cost 100K more than 5 weeks ago atm? any risk?

I get it you spend your money everywhere but the midfield!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Swan going down it appears yes :(

unluckly...i have 5 premiums and 600K. i do not have GAJ...but i am playing 3 rookies in my fwd and 2 + clarke in the backline...so i think money might be better spent topping those lines up

I think we should enjoy players like Deledio, Sidebottom and Beams whilst we can because the way they're playing they'll be pure mid only players next year.

Got $550 k to spend
Have got Ablett,peddles, S Thompson,Selwood,rockcliff thinking of getting either NDSor Mitchell or ???

Of those 2 i'd be going Mitchell. Although Scott Selwood stills presents value as does Trent Cotchin. Both would be higher on my list than Mitchell and NDS at the moment as well.

Rory Sloane seems to be the picture of consistency, if you can afford 555K. He might not get mammouth scores, but has only dipped below the ton once.

So you have 575k, and you need a mid with a round 12 bye.

Who do you go now? Would you wait a week or two for a higher premium to fall into that bracket (giving the cow a week or two extra to moo also)?

Murphy replacement is a tough one.

Thompson would be an automatic in but I'm trying to avoid players with a rd11 bye (for now). Can't afford Ablett just yet so am looking at Kennedy, Watson or Stanton.

So far Kennedy looks the most consistent and Swans have an easier draw then Essendon.
Not convinced on Stanton with a tough run home for the bombers and a likelihood he may draw a tag soon.
Watson always brings a few ?? about whether he will be in and out of the side, it's a bit the same with Ablett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back