List Mgmt. 2013 draft and trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are your thoughts on Gwilt?

The Saints have a lot of experienced medium defenders which isn't exactly ideal for us in our current position. Gwilt can play small/tall but really plays a similar role to Gilbert/Roberton/Dempster.

Do you think GWS would be interested in an experienced package of Fisher(31) and Gwilt (27) to see them through the next couple of years for some pick upgrades?

Aside from a clear Saints perspective, I am looking forward to seeing what GWS do during the trade period. It will be really interesting to see their blueprint unfold in terms of how they want to build the club. The path they have taken compared with the Gold Coast is quite different and I am looking forward to comparing the clubs in the years to come (as comparisons now are pointless).

The first key decision is if we're playing in the Buddy Sweepstakes.

If we arent, then keeping Boyd is pretty much a certainty.

The second one is what we do with the Boyd pick.

There are clubs that are interested, but at what price - for example, St Kilda probably are, so deals like McEvoy+3 for 1 and change come into play.

There is also the vexed issue of deals that make sense, but the players involved dont want to move - see also Crazy Vossy and the Fevola trade.

The third one is do we try and use one-last-year polyfilla players - Chad Cornes, Dean Brogan, James MacDonald, Luke Power - or do we go for players coming into the peak of their career ?

Finally, who actually wants out at GWS becomes important, because they become trade currency. At the moment, we have Josh Bruce and Taylor Adams seemingly looking for new homes.

agree ,everything hinges on the buddster
if we get him,we need 4 more to take advantage of it
if we dont,then were only recruiting under 26yo long term prospects

hi guys. just a question. Have you heard anything on the Patton on the trade table that has been reported. and would you consider pick 4 and Easton Wood for Patton?

hi guys. just a question. Have you heard anything on the Patton on the trade table that has been reported. and would you consider pick 4 and Easton Wood for Patton?

The answer to that is somewhere between 'No' and 'Hell No'.

The team that would do deals like that plays in purple. We play in orange and charcoal.

interesting ,we haven't got any camperdown boys on the list atm

The team that would do deals like that plays in purple. We play in orange and charcoal.

Gee man you drive a pretty hard bargain!! If you have Cameron, Buddy and Boyd, isn't Patton excess? What would it take realistically to get Patton. I would have thought a mature bodied young half back who can play tall and small plus Pick 4 which probably nets you Scharenberg wouldn't be that bad??

As BRWB has said, the pick 4 would get you the berg. Woods would give you some talent outside the forward line, which other then Ward (another of ours) i don't rate any of them. If you get Buddy, which is likely, what exactly are you planning to do with so many KPF's. any 2 will not play at any given time. By this time next year one (if not 2)of them will want out, and you will get an offer of pick 25+, since patton has a bum knee and next years draft is full of KPF's.

I honestly don't care, but your reaction stuck me as impulse rather then intellect. But let me guess, you would take Minson and pick 4 for Patton right? How about Griffen and Libba thrown in just to make sure of it. Would hate for a broken down KPF who wont get a game if Boyd and Buddy end up there to go so cheaply. Not sure about the purple, but reading your post made me think it was the essendon board for a second. .

Gee man you drive a pretty hard bargain!! If you have Cameron, Buddy and Boyd, isn't Patton excess? What would it take realistically to get Patton. I would have thought a mature bodied young half back who can play tall and small plus Pick 4 which probably nets you Scharenberg wouldn't be that bad??

Well, first of all I dont think we should hire Franklin, or Warwick Capper Mark 2 as I call him.

Secondly, Patton is a #1 pick. If we are going to let him go, then I want someone like Henderson, who cant just play tall, but can handle any player in the league.

Thirdly, the little we've seen of Patton shows him and Cameron will work really well together.

Finally, Patton is a KPF, and thats the hardest position to get right. I'd prefer we have too many to too few :)

wrong LTU
patton is a long term project
Cameron can play anywhere in spine
boyd will be LTP
buddy ,will be buddy

As stupid as this sounds- would take Griffen and you won't do it, as it would destroy the whole fabric of the club unfortunately. From GWS's perspective that would be the starting price though, and fair enough, he is a #1 pick for a reason.

I've heard for the GWS fans that Essendon defender Tom Bellchambers that is in the interest of your club.

Are you agree with it or not?

@ Ben Roderick
GWS would definitely be interested and rightly so but Essendon have said today that he's close to re-signing with them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, first of all I dont think we should hire Franklin, or Warwick Capper Mark 2 as I call him.

Secondly, Patton is a #1 pick. If we are going to let him go, then I want someone like Henderson, who cant just play tall, but can handle any player in the league.

Thirdly, the little we've seen of Patton shows him and Cameron will work really well together.

Finally, Patton is a KPF, and thats the hardest position to get right. I'd prefer we have too many to too few :)

Um.. just because hes a number 1 pick does not mean hes worth that. He has had two major knee injuries. Could be the next Morabito for all you know.

Is there any truth to the Patton rumours though?

Would guys be interested in Keefe-Witts and possibly pick 10 for your pick 1 and your second rounder?

Come on mate this isnt my board but if it was I would be deeply offended.

Keeffe is one of the best young KBs in the comp and Witts is one of the most promising young rucks going around (is also a NSW boy), both fit the age criteria and both fit the needs of the club, add pick 10 to that, if you're offended you're offended very, very easily.

Keeffe is one of the best young KBs in the comp and Witts is one of the most promising young rucks going around (is also a NSW boy), both fit the age criteria and both fit the needs of the club, add pick 10 to that, if you're offended you're offended very, very easily.

Wow you guys must have a very promising list at the Pies.

Would guys be interested in Keefe-Witts and possibly pick 10 for your pick 1 and your second rounder?
Not my board either but I get the feeling with a list drenched with first round picks that GWS probably doesn't value picks that highly at present, other than the Boyd pick of course.

They really need 3-4 high quality players in their mid 20s to help out the kids. Players like that will still be playing when GWS gets into serious finals action in 2-3 years time.

So your pick 10 isn't valued except for on trading and Keefe and Witts are kids themselves so NO DEAL

Wrong, don't fit GWS stated age criteria or their stated needs. See my previous post.

Not my board either but I get the feeling with a list drenched with first round picks that GWS probably doesn't value picks that highly at present, other than the Boyd pick of course.

They really need 3-4 high quality players in their mid 20s to help out the kids. Players like that will still be playing when GWS gets into serious finals action in 2-3 years time.

So your pick 10 isn't valued except for on trading and Keefe and Witts are kids themselves so NO DEAL

Keefe is our no1 KB ATM, he's just getting better and better and is capable of playing on and beating anyone (remember what he did to Tippet?) could be AA next year IMO, Witts is still just promising but the signs are very good, he could easily hold down the no1 ruck spot next year.

You might ask if Keefe-Witts are so good why wouldn't we keep them, well, we have Grundy who looks like a star and if we got pick one (Boyd) we could send Reid back to defense.

Keefe is our no1 KB ATM, he's just getting better and better and is capable of playing on and beating anyone (remember what he did to Tippet?) could be AA next year IMO, Witts is still just promising but the signs are very good, he could easily hold down the no1 ruck spot next year.

You might ask if Keefe-Witts are so good why wouldn't we keep them, well, we have Grundy who looks like a star and if we got pick one (Boyd) we could send Reid back to defense.

Wow massive call. Thompsons already better and also younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back