Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Feb 5, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool & Melbourne Storm
Or so that is the news coming out according to Sportsnewsfirst on twitter.

Adelaide vs Essendon to open AFL season 2013, followed by a Western Derby, Blues vs Tigers and Geelong vs Hawthorn...

image000ll.jpg

Winnable I would think but a pretty tough ask first up.

More information on the AFL website also.

What are other peoples thoughts?

• Banned
Also news on the AFL site, we've requested to play Carlton on June 7th to coincide with the 140 year anniversary of our 1st game. Which was against the Blues on this date in 1873.

That would mean if we get that wish, we'd play the Blues in Round 11 :cool:

I don't like the idea of playing Adelaide in Adelaide, however two positives are that Essendon is playing away in round one, which will limit the amount of away games for further in the season, and also there is a break the week after, so no negative travel effects probably.

we will, 2nd half of the season. Well, we should do as we play them over there in Round 1.

Playing them in Round 1 is no guarantee of a return fixture later in the year.

If this is indeed correct, just three of our last 15 games (going back to late 2002) against the Crows will have been in Melbourne. Even excluding the 2009 final, it's still only 3 out of 14.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/goddard-grudge-match-likely-for-round-four-20121015-27md9.html

So we'll have Carlton, Collingwood, St. Kilda, Richmond twice. Maybe Port to be the fifth team with the 'massive' Monfries grudge match.
Maybe GWS twice before Sheeds goes, maybe in Rd 23 as we probably won't be rated to finish in finals.

Playing 3 mid-table teams twice, and Collingwood, a very good team, all Victoria you'd think the last one would be a lower interstate team.

But I guess you never know.

My misses already said to me why don't we go.

We're also starting to make annual trips to NSW and QLD, love having family on the GC.
I'm from Adelaide, that's why I am so excited.
Will still go to a few Melbourne games, but the Adelaide games haven't been that bad lately.
This year I got to see the return of Gumbleton and then Jobe's 150th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back