2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, 180 members of the PHWA are wrong and you're right.
Giordano was, but because he only played 61 or so games, he's not counted. PK "what's defending" Subban and Erik "I'm actually a forward" Karlsson aren't allround defenceman. Doughty is but he's a campaigner so I'll always prefer he never wins one.

Only foolish or ignorant people claim Subban's defensive work is poor or he isn't an "allround defenceman."

Proudly spotlighting the occasional "mistake" certainly doesn't prove your claim.

170 minutes of penalty killing on the 4th best penalty kill in the league is someone who doesn't know how to defend?

As it goes, Karlsson only spent 4:39 on the penalty kill.

Incorrect sir.
Lame response...

Find a reputable analyst with half a brain who has watched more than two Habs games and claims Subban can't defend or isn't an "allround defenceman".

Try to avoid remembering an article you read awhile ago but can't find.

Only Montreal fans say that.

In depth analysis of PK Subban's "allround defensive" work written by a Canucks fan during last year's Olympics.

Is PK Subban really any "riskier" than any of his contemporaries?

Do some reading and some learning.

Here's the conclusion:

THE CONCLUSION

First of all, there are no bad players on Team Canada. Every single one of these players has elite strengths, and I could only really see an argument that Jay Bouwmeester doesn't belong on the team. That being said, the evidence points to P.K. Subban being Canada's best offensive weapon from the blueline, and probably the second best defender behind Alex Pietrangelo too.

The argument that he's "risky" or untrustworthy is fueled mainly by biases and misconceptions about what "good defense" is. When Subban is on the ice, he's more likely to get a chance to score the next goal than he is to give it up, which is basically all that matters in this discussion.

15-0

Cool story bro. Comparing Subban to Bouwmeester. Might as well be comparing Crosby to John Scott.

Didn't read it, eh?

The writer compares him to every member of the gold medal winning Canadian Olympic team.

What did I say about being ignorance in relation to fan's thoughts on Subban?

Let's go to the dictionary, "lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."

Not far off the mark, might be a bulls eye... :thumbsu:

Didn't read it, eh?

The writer compares him to every member of the gold medal winning Canadian Olympic team.

What did I say about being ignorance in relation to fan's thoughts on Subban?

Let's go to the dictionary, "lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated."

Not far off the mark, might be a bulls eye... :thumbsu:
Why would I read a trashy blog? I could write a story about how the sky is really green in the day time, not blue. Doesn't make it true... but it's still on the internet.

Did you never learn at school not to use the internet as a resource unless you a citing articles written by Journalists, Authors or Encyclopaedias that you have found on it. Wikipedia doesn't count either.

Trashy blog. :D

A well researched article full of in-depth stats and graphs with no bias either way and disproves your stupid accusation is trashy?

You didn't even read it.

I suppose watching Montreal game highlights on NHL.com and scoffing on the rare occasion Subban makes a mistake is the true indication of how well he plays defence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've been poor all year whether on highlight reels or in general play or in Lucic's case even after 60 minutes. Nice diversion. :thumbsu:

More damning stats that not only debunks Subban as a poor "allround defenceman" who doesn't know defence but proves him to be an elite allround defenceman. Recent article full of stats and rankings written on April 7th comparing Subban, Karlsson and Doughty, interesting that he got the the finalists correct three weeks before the announcement.

The case for P.K. Subban to win the Norris Trophy

Here's the damning section that screws your opinion if you're too lazy to read the article:

The-case-for-P.K.-Subban-to-win-the-Norris-Trophy---Eyes-On-The-Prize.png

How's all those articles and analysis that are "all over the internet" about Subban's poor skills as an "allround defenseman" coming along?

30-0

Not worth it because you can't find the articles that are "all over the internet" that shows Subban doesn't know how to play defence and is a poor "allround defenceman"?

You threw out an opinion that lazy idiots who are blind with hatred and jealousy go with and got found out to be wrong once again.

A simple search found around a dozen stats via two separate sources that show he is in fact elite while you have found zero stats or evidence to prove your awful opinion is correct.

Keep blocking your ears and closing your eyes to evidence, facts and stats. Better to believe the angry mob's opinion. It can't possibly be your own opinion.

Elliotte Friedman

✔@FriedgeHNIC

Hearing free-agent F Artem Panarin, who led KHL champion St. Petersburg in scoring, is getting close to joining the Chicago Blackhawks.

Could be quite the coup from what I've read. Sharp is gone 100%

Last edited:
Brades, rather than just saying the blog is crap and that it just picks and chooses the stats it wants, show us some numbers that prove otherwise. I'd be interested to see.

There is ample proof that brades and numbers/stats don't belong in the same sentence together.

Brades, rather than just saying the blog is crap and that it just picks and chooses the stats it wants, show us some numbers that prove otherwise. I'd be interested to see.
The stats are out there for everyone to read. I'm not going to pick and choose stats because that would make me the same as the blogs I have trashed. It's all there in the visual of watching Subban play versus Doughty and the rest of the NHL. He's an "average" defenceman, a no. 5 defenceman on most teams. If it weren't for his ability to score he'd be playing 14mins a night with his defensive ability. Plus those stats don't recognise that hockey is a team game. Shot attempts exclude the goalie, but they don't exclude the rest of the team. If you are playing with Toews as one of your PKers, you're more than likely going to have less attempts coming your way because of his excellence as a face-off taker and then his ability to harass the point and block passes.

That ramble is hilarious.

All there in the visual!
The stats are out there for everywhere to read! :D

Grab a spade and keep on digging.
It's clear you have no idea what you are talking about nor understand the numerous stats that have been supplied. It's all there in the visual! :D

Claim me being bias or whatever, I'd do the same for any other player in the league that you incorrectly label. You said something stupid and incorrect, I've corrected you with plenty of evidence from myself, from a neutral source and from a reputable Habs 'blogger'. My so called 'bias" pales in comparison to how bias you are against him for whatever unknown reason. That's the only logical explanation to the dribble you have come up with.

Game Set and Match! 6-0 6-0 6-0

All I see is bullshit and more bullshit PG. You are the biggest bullshitter on this forum and the most bias. I think a Bruins player could score 20 in a game and you'd still call him the worst player in the league. It's beyond hilarious, it's delicious. The irony, oh wow. I've just filled myself up on it, I'm about to go vomit some out so I can eat some more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back