2014 22Under22 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ruckwork Longer is clearly in front of Witts. Grundy doesnt enter the debate as he is behind Witts.
Hes a pretty good tap ruckman, but Witts is just as good when playing the number 1 ruck role.
Longers Marking is almost non existing and he struggles to find the football around the ground, Witts is better at both of these areas. Witts is also more of a goalkicking threat. Both good tacklers though with Longer slightly ahead.

Jack Hombsch Justin Clarke T.Mcdonald
Brodie Smith Steven May Cameron Sutcliffe
Jack Macrae Dyson Heppell Brad Hill
Luke Dahlhaus Jeremy Cameron Lachie Neale
Luke Parker Tom Lynch Jamie Elliot
Jarrod Witts Tom Libertore Ollie Wines

Adam Treloar, Jared Polec, Jaegar O'Meara, David Swallow

H.M due to injuries/ position depth/etc:

Shaun Atley, Brad Crouch, Daniher, Horlin-Smith, Harley Bennell, Jack Frost, S. Coniglio, D.Shiel, A.Litherland,Jack Darling, Scott Lycett, Luke Dunstan, Anthony Miles, Marley Williams, , James Aish, Troy Menzel, Josh Green Cameron Guthrie

Atley/Guthrie very unlucky.

Brandon Ellis? Has averaged 29 disposals since round 5.

Better season than Hill, Neale, Polec to name a few.

Hes a pretty good tap ruckman, but Witts is just as good when playing the number 1 ruck role.
Longers Marking is almost non existing and he struggles to find the football around the ground, Witts is better at both of these areas. Witts is also more of a goalkicking threat. Both good tacklers though with Longer slightly ahead.

Longer is a better ruckman than Witts his tapwork is fantastic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really the bloke plays in a top 8 side his numbers should be far better considering how many wins he has played in.
Ladder position wouldnt decide the numbers of a ruckman, Billy Longer(bottom 2 side) is having a better season and is impressing me more than Dawson Simpson(top 2 side).

don't forget the biggest flaw in Wittsy game from Adam's point of view: pays for Collingwood therefore must be terrible /overrated just cos...

No not really he is just not as good as Longer. His biggest issue is he just has no physical presence at the clearances. Look at StKildas clearance numbers compared to Collingwoods.

Ladder position wouldnt decide the numbers of a ruckman, Billy Longer(bottom 2 side) is having a better season and is impressing me more than Dawson Simpson(top 2 side).

Simpson had been dropped as he doesnt get anywhere near enough of the pill for the amount of time the Cats have it.

justin clarke for a key defensive spot
he has flown under the radar big time. the kid has been solid as a rock and kept the best key forwards in the afl quiet.
deserves a lot more credit than he gets, if he was playing for a melbourne club hed be getting talked about a lot more

A side to play in 2015 to try and get a flag, and a side you'd also pick if you were given free reign to choose whoever.

Marley Williams • Steven May • Tom McDonald
Brodie Smith • Cam Guthrie • Adam Treloar
Cam Sutcliffe • Dyson Heppell • Jack Macrae
Jamie Elliot • Jack Darling • Harley Bennell
Chad Wingard • Jeremy Cameron • Joe Daniher

R: Brodie Grundy • Jaeger O'Meara • Tom Liberatore
I/C: Lachie Neale • Luke Dunstan • Angus Liquorland
S: Luke Dahlhaus

Guthrie, J. Clarke, J. Hombsch
B. Smith, May, Swallow
Bennell, Treloar, Hill
Parker, Cameron, Wingard
Dahlhaus, T. Lynch, Darling
Witts, Liberatore, Heppell

Int: Lycett, Wines, Tyson, O'Meara

Quick about:
Have
1 lock small
2 KPD
1 Third Tall
2 running HBF
5 mids- interchangable (say 2 outside 3 in but largely interchangable)
2 Hff who can rotate in mid
1 small forward can rotate in mids
2 KPF
1 third tall

Bench:
Maimly mids with Lycett who has looked good as Fwd/ruck

A choice I wouldve done if not injured, and a bit biased, wouldve been AJ from swans. His 2012 form was amazing but too many games out atm

Guthrie, J. Clarke, J. Hombsch
B. Smith, May, Swallow
Bennell, Treloar, Hill
Parker, Cameron, Wingard
Dahlhaus, T. Lynch, Darling
Witts, Liberatore, Heppell

Int: Lycett, Wines, Tyson, O'Meara

Quick about:
Have
1 lock small
2 KPD
1 Third Tall
2 running HBF
5 mids- interchangable (say 2 outside 3 in but largely interchangable)
2 Hff who can rotate in mid
1 small forward can rotate in mids
2 KPF
1 third tall

Bench:
Maimly mids with Lycett who has looked good as Fwd/ruck

A choice I wouldve done if not injured, and a bit biased, wouldve been AJ from swans. His 2012 form was amazing but too many games out atm

Hey I'll freely admit to being biased but Jackson Macrae at least deserves a spot on the bench, if the season were to stop now he'd probably be in the AA 40.

Hey I'll freely admit to being biased but Jackson Macrae at least deserves a spot on the bench, if the season were to stop now he'd probably be in the AA 40.
He is better than Hill right now. He definitely should be in the team while also Witts is ahead of Grundy by a mile right now.

Only thing about that is yes, Macrae is better than Hill overall, I selected Hill on his outside game which IMO is superior to Macraes. So he is against Treloar, Wines, Heppell, Liberatore. Could mount an argument for his inclusion for either Tyson and JOM as their output this year and previous years has been similar.

Only thing about that is yes, Macrae is better than Hill overall, I selected Hill on his outside game which IMO is superior to Macraes. So he is against Treloar, Wines, Heppell, Liberatore. Could mount an argument for his inclusion for either Tyson and JOM as their output this year and previous years has been similar.
Macrae's 2014 > Tyson's > JOM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back