2014 Non-Crows AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we, it'd punish us if they made that a whole league thing and potentially gets more kids/people to games which is only a good thing.

It's a mountain out of a molehill making an issue out of it.
Read the rest of the threads on the topic

I have no problem with this AFL initiative, I just wished the AFL was more equitable with the scheduling of matches. Fortunately that seems to be something on the agenda of the new AFL CEO so hopefully something actually happens in this regard. I'd much rather the AFL do this than give us and every other team outside of Victoria more Sunday games to avoid the problem instead of fixing it.

Not that hard to work out if the clubs are currently selling tickets to 14 year olds and in the future these will be free, that the clubs would be losing revenue. Can you imagine Eddie wearing that? Do you think Eddie has agreed to this without compensation?

This ties in to your AO is a sellout we don't need it line, our kids could also get in for free and we will still have a sell out if the AFL also reimbursed our clubs.

I am curious though, which state do you live in and do you have kids and if so do you pay for them to go to the footy?

I live in Melbourne and I do not have kids - Which is why I basically said I don't actually care either way about whether or not kids are let in for free for low attended Sunday matches.

I just took umbrage with your Vic-bias claim, and I'll leave it at that for now, because you have an axe to grind so I'm not going to get in your way..

A couple of questions:

Can a child u15 attend alone?

How does the AFL know if a child is u15?
Good questions!
I think that most parents will probably want to chaperone their kids. Not so much the 'just under 15' but all the others from 6 onward.
This may very well add a few extra parents attending as well.
One proviso will be that it is in the general admittance area.
That article mentions that the AFL will try to do something similar with the clubs outside of Melbourne, from next year on.

So am I right in saying that if a club can't fill a stadium then some younger fans get in for free, whereas if your club can fill the stadium those young fans have to pay?
Think so. Demand and supply 101.

So am I right in saying that if a club can't fill a stadium then some younger fans get in for free, whereas if your club can fill the stadium those young fans have to pay?
How else would that work?

Are you implying that clubs that can fill a stadium should let kids in for free - to take up potential paying customer's seats?

In the AFC's situation you are paying for the right to reserve a seat in a market where demand out-strips supply.

If you don't like it, and want the power to be equally spread across those who control the means of production ... then head on over to North Korea and see how that works out for you :)

PS - I'd say the young fans NEVER pay, either they get in for free OR the parents pay !!

I live in Melbourne and I do not have kids - Which is why I basically said I don't actually care either way about whether or not kids are let in for free for low attended Sunday matches.

I just took umbrage with your Vic-bias claim, and I'll leave it at that for now, because you have an axe to grind so I'm not going to get in your way..
You want to leave it at that and then throw in a smart arse comment, maybe Mike was right.

How else would that work?

Are you implying that clubs that can fill a stadium should let kids in for free - to take up potential paying customer's seats?

In the AFC's situation you are paying for the right to reserve a seat in a market where demand out-strips supply.

If you don't like it, and want the power to be equally spread across those who control the means of production ... then head on over to North Korea and see how that works out for you :)

PS - I'd say the young fans NEVER pay, either they get in for free OR the parents pay !!

I'm not implying anything - just making sure I have the inequity of the situation figured out :) .....Paradoxical??:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back