Draft Review 2014 - Redo the 2014 AFL Draft

SterlingArcher

Brownlow Medallist
May 16, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep, you'd think from watching that video that a technique change alone would help. Even with normal head hits that don't cause concussion symptoms but cause mild brain trauma every time, adding up over 2 decades of playing footy.

You can still fiercly attack the ball without sticking your head out like that.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Brayshaw for McCartin - straight swap?

Those two could get hit in the head with a baseball bat every day for the next 10 years and still have more brain cells than the mind that came up with this comment.

BRWB

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts The Cult of Robbo
Oct 7, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Those two could get hit in the head with a baseball bat every day for the next 10 years and still have more brain cells than the mind that came up with this comment.

And I've had shits better than this post

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Current thread is closed if the mods want to merge, I think it's a topic worth discussing at the moment seeing a few of these guys are having breakout years.

As of now as I'm typing this:
1. Isaac Heeney
2. Harris Andrews
3. Jordan De Goey
4. Jake Lever
5. Toby McLean
6. Christian Petracca
7. Angus Brayshaw
8. Touk Miller
9. Mitch McGovern
10. Oscar McDonald
--------
11. Connor Blakely
12. Kane Lambert
13. Caleb Daniel
14. Caleb Marchbank
15. Daniel Howe

Brayshaw coming like a bullet atm.

Alex Neal-Bullen would have to be very close to the top 11-15.

Pretty decent draft from Melbourne

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We’ve done really well to have four best 22 players & one traded in from this draft given it wasn’t the deepest going. Two key forwards, two gun mids and a decent utility.

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brayshaw coming like a bullet atm.

Alex Neal-Bullen would have to be very close to the top 11-15.

Pretty decent draft from Melbourne

We’ve done really well to have four best 22 players & one traded in from this draft given it wasn’t the deepest going. Two key forwards, two gun mids and a decent utility.

Remind me which picks you guys had again?...

2, 3, 40, 42, 53

2 and 3 you expect guns, but 40 and particularly 53?

I would put Maynard and Duggan top 10 behind Brayshaw. Ed Langdon in the 10-15 group. The other 2 yes probably right 15-20

Oscar Mcdonald should be lower - he should be around 20.

You what? Oscar McDonald is a gun. Have you watched him this year?

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1. Isaac Heeney
2. Harris Andrews
3. Jake Lever
4. Toby Mclean
5. Mitch McGovern
6. Christian Petracca
7. Jordon De Goey
8. Angus Brayshaw
9. Peter Wright
10. Caleb Marchbank

11. Lachie Weller
12. Darcy Moore
13. Connor Blakely
14. Oscar Mcdonald
15. Alex Neal-Bullen/Touk Miller/Dan Butler

The guy who has Oscar Mcdonald as his profile picture thinks Oscar Mcdonald is a gun. Shocker.

Some people obviously don't rate him as high as you do.
Take the goggles off
Well they'd be pretty stupid in that case. He's the only genuine KPD in a defence that is having a huge season, and has only had his colours lowered by Riewoldt and Brown. Has comfortably dealt with everyone else. I'm going to say that neither of you have watched him very much, which is fine, but don't make me laugh by saying the likes of Brayden Maynard and Ed Langdon are ahead of him.

Jesslc

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well they'd be pretty stupid in that case. He's the only genuine KPD in a defence that is having a huge season, and has only had his colours lowered by Riewoldt and Brown. Has comfortably dealt with everyone else. I'm going to say that neither of you have watched him very much, which is fine, but don't make me laugh by saying the likes of Brayden Maynard and Ed Langdon are ahead of him.
I've watched probably 95% of his games. Are you worried about any other ratings that you find inaccurate or just the guy in your profile picture?

I've watched probably 95% of his games. Are you worried about any other ratings that you find inaccurate or just the guy in your profile picture?
He's in my DP as a running joke. We all hated OMac for the first 2-3 years of his career and thought he was getting games because of his brother. Significant egg on our face, hence the photo.

Take the goggles off
OMac is a great lock down defender. Ben Brown kicked 4 on him, other than that he has stopped every other KPF.

Problem is he doesnt get enough possessions for people to notice what he is doing.

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn
different opinions on here clearly but gez de goey.brayshaw ahead of miller ? yikes!
miller has been the 2nd best mid in his time at the suns from day dot.

an will captain the team next year or so

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Paul Ahern will; be in the top ten of this by end of the season.

Jun 11, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern, Milan, Boston Celtics
Not the greatest draft in recent years
1st rd:
1-Andrews
2-Heeney
3-Petracca
4-Brayshaw
5-Lever
6-Wright
7-McLean
8-McGovern
9-De Goey
10-Daniel
11-Moore
12-Marchbank
13-Miller
14-Langford
15-Melican
16-Lambert
17-Butler
18-McKenna

Outside the top 10, there aren't many who would walk straight into sides.

Back