Remove this Banner Ad

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Sounds like the setup is totally ******; this Patson apparently sledging the players, Beales (who seems like a dickhead, to be fair) blow up sparked by her telling him he'd never play for the Wallabies again?

Combined with McKenzie refusing to believe Patson is in any way at fault is a crock of useless. He's a useless prick and he needs to go.

Beale going to NRL is the worst possible outcome for the code in this country. What a terribly handled situation.

In light of new information, I seriously think you two need reassess your comments. As Beale admitted, she did absolutely nothing to warrant the sexist comments and nothing to warrant Beale undermining her position. He's just ruined her life and all for what? A little fun? I suspect with Carney and Ferguson, the NRL won't be going near Beale anytime in the near future. Toxic.

Experimental

Norm Smith Medallist
May 20, 2012
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers
In light of new information, I seriously think you two need reassess your comments. As Beale admitted, she did absolutely nothing to warrant the sexist comments and nothing to warrant Beale undermining her position. He's just ruined her life and all for what? A little fun? I suspect with Carney and Ferguson, the NRL won't be going near Beale anytime in the near future. Toxic.
My stance on the whole situation has changed in light of the new information, however, I still believe the incident as a whole was handled extremely poorly and could have been dealt with internally with very little media interest, but instead, we've fallen apart. McKenzie is a moron, Beale is a moron, and the ARU are morons.

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Name a better captain...and don't say Quade or Genia.

If things remain the way they are, anyone except Hooper or AAC.

Hooper has a bright future but he's ruffled a lot of feathers in the past few weeks. Not only in the national set up, but at the Waratahs aswell. It was a massive massive error of judgement by Link to appoint someone so young as Wallabies captain. Will cost him his job, I think.

If things remain the way they are, anyone except Hooper or AAC.

Hooper has a bright future but he's ruffled a lot of feathers in the past few weeks. Not only in the national set up, but at the Waratahs aswell. It was a massive massive error of judgement by Link to appoint someone so young as Wallabies captain. Will cost him his job, I think.

GOOD! McKensie is making Deans look good. Can we sack him tomorrow please. Funny that under a good coach in Michael Chieka...Hooper was very good, well spoken and a good leader. McKensie is rubbish, hope we sack him soon.

Name me a better captain. Ideally Pocock is the one but the bloke can't stay on the field.

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
GOOD! McKensie is making Deans look good. Can we sack him tomorrow please. Funny that under a good coach in Michael Chieka...Hooper was very good, well spoken and a good leader. McKensie is rubbish, hope we sack him soon.

Name me a better captain. Ideally Pocock is the one but the bloke can't stay on the field.

I can tell you now, Cheika will not replace Link under the current circumstances. It's a toxic environment at the ARU/Wallabies and I can't see it changing.

The captaincy doesn't matter. Joe Tomane can be captain for all I care. The problem is far bigger. All I'm saying is that Hooper has got himself caught up in all the politics and he'll pay the price soon enough.

I can tell you now, Cheika will not replace Link under the current circumstances. It's a toxic environment at the ARU/Wallabies and I can't see it changing.

The captaincy doesn't matter. Joe Tomane can be captain for all I care. The problem is far bigger. All I'm saying is that Hooper has got himself caught up in all the politics and he'll pay the price soon enough.

The ARU is insane if they don't believe Cheika is the best coach. He is. Knows how to get the best out of some fairly average players. McKensie should go, he has no idea how to coach at test level, and the selection of Beale at fly half was the last straw to prove that. We don't have that many captains. Do I think Hooper is perfect, no, but he is young and he will improve a lot. My feeling is we need a better vice captain though. If Higgenbotham can cement his spot in the side I would like him to get a go in that role, he is a natural leader.

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
The ARU is insane if they don't believe Cheika is the best coach. He is. Knows how to get the best out of some fairly average players. McKensie should go, he has no idea how to coach at test level, and the selection of Beale at fly half was the last straw to prove that. We don't have that many captains. Do I think Hooper is perfect, no, but he is young and he will improve a lot. My feeling is we need a better vice captain though. If Higgenbotham can cement his spot in the side I would like him to get a go in that role, he is a natural leader.

It's not the ARU...

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Whoever is making the decisions need to be booted, McKensie is the worst test coach we gave had

Oh FFS Greg Smith says hello from the grave....

As for Captain - Stephen Moore is the bloody Captain. Hooper and Ashley-Cooper are the Vice Captains with Hooper wrongly picked as the stand in Captain while Moore is injured. For Moore and AAC to back Beale after the text messages were made public make their positions for leadership impossible to keep.

Cheika can't come in as coach after Beale more than likely will be sacked by the ARU while Hooper and AAC will lose their leadership positions, thats the core of HIS PLAYERS thats responsible for this saga and likely loss of coach after 12 months. What does that say about him?

So enough with the outrage at Link and turn it at the ones that deserve it, because the form was fine up until Beale decided sexist texts were a good idea.

Yes let's give the captaincy to a bloke coming off an ACL with no certainty to return - we saw how bad Robinson was after his injury. Hooper is the best leader we have that isn't injured. Ideally Pocock stops injuring himself as he is a natural captain.

Cheika is the best coach in Australia. I wish the ARU grew some nuts and stop appointing coaches becuase they are 'nice blokes'. Nice blokes don't win major trophies.

Link was the one that stupidly picked Beale at fly half! I would sack him on that alone

Lions1024

Club Legend
Jun 30, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Yes let's give the captaincy to a bloke coming off an ACL with no certainty to return - we saw how bad Robinson was after his injury. Hooper is the best leader we have that isn't injured. Ideally Pocock stops injuring himself as he is a natural captain.

Cheika is the best coach in Australia. I wish the ARU grew some nuts and stop appointing coaches becuase they are 'nice blokes'. Nice blokes don't win major trophies.

Link was the one that stupidly picked Beale at fly half! I would sack him on that alone

Sometimes your logic doesn't flow... No one is arguing that Cheika is better than Link or that Link is better then Cheika. We're simply saying that Cheika won't be replacing Link even if the ARU begs him to take over. I'm closer to this than most and don't want to divulge private information, but Cheika will not be replacing Link. If Link gets the sack, another coach will be appointed.

Sometimes your logic doesn't flow... No one is arguing that Cheika is better than Link or that Link is better then Cheika. We're simply saying that Cheika won't be replacing Link even if the ARU begs him to take over. I'm closer to this than most and don't want to divulge private information, but Cheika will not be replacing Link. If Link gets the sack, another coach will be appointed.

As long as McKensie gets sacked I'm good I have hated him as coach. Played favourites and played players out of position. Sack him he is hopeless. I'll take Chieka winning titles for the Tahs, not as if the Wallabies are beating NZ anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney

Moore IS the Captain and Hooper and AAC have NO PLACE in a leadership group after supporting the sexist texts from Beale, they are now toxic as far as "leaders".

Both have won major trophies? Your point? Also since when has Link been viewed as a "nice bloke"?

and yet the position is still a weak point and he went with the player he felt was the best fit for his gameplan? Got close and clearly Beale showed how much respect he has for the Jumper. Maybe heed to the idea that Australia aren't good enough anymore?

Moore IS the Captain and Hooper and AAC have NO PLACE in a leadership group after supporting the sexist texts from Beale, they are now toxic as far as "leaders".

Both have won major trophies? Your point? Also since when has Link been viewed as a "nice bloke"?

and yet the position is still a weak point and he went with the player he felt was the best fit for his gameplan? Got close and clearly Beale showed how much respect he has for the Jumper. Maybe heed to the idea that Australia aren't good enough anymore?

Moore is injured so I'm not sure what the point is- backing a bloke who is out for 12 months. As I said ideally Pocock is the one but again he is injured. There are not many leaders Hooper is probably the best one.

Link is way too nice and he doesn't make hard decisions. I mean how long did he give Horwill and his useless form? Genia the same.

How is a bloke that didn't play a minute at fly half this season the best fit when Foley was outstanding against France! Was a ridiculous decision!

Take your NSW blinkers off. Its the reason Australia has been held back for so long and will continue to be held back

Not my fault the ARU appoints McKensie when it was never going to work. Too nice, no idea how to select teams either. It won't work. It never has and never will. Do I feel Chieka is better, yes he is way better. However I'd be happy with a few others including Graham who I rate highly.

Oct 23, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners
Adam Ashley Cooper walked out to the team photo as a cricket player saluting after his century..... Pretty funny but McKenzie wasn't impressed

Can't see McKenzie lasting too much longer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back