Competitions 2015 Carlton Board Knockout Footy Tipping

Remove this Banner Ad

ANYONE CAN ENTER THIS COMP. THE MORE THE MERRIER

GordonBlue ran this competition the last four years and it has been very successful. Unfortunately, after such an incredible run, GB is no longer able to maintain this competition and so, I, ODNBlue, along with the lovely and venerable MEB_ , have taken up the mantel. If we can do the job half as well as GB has previously done, I'll be very satisfied.

HALL OF FAME:
2011 Champion: Bluesque
2012 Champion: esoteric
2013 Champion: ODNBlue
2014 Champion: Apparently last year simply did not have a winner...

Here is a link to the 2011 thread re this comp: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=803447&highlight=Knockout Footy Tipping

Here is a link to the 2012 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2012-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.910350/

Here is a link to the 2013 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2013-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.994580/

Here is a link to the 2014 thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2014-carlton-board-knockout-footy-tipping.1049120/

For those of you that haven't previously entered, this is a footy tipping comp with a difference.

Just tip one game for every round for all 23 rounds before the first game of round 1.

End of year tie breaker will be a tip for who you think will finish 9th (again to be tipped before round 1 begins)

You will advance to the next round should you get the tip right. Should you get a tip wrong, then you are knocked out of the competition.

A DRAW IS NOT TIPPING A WINNER, HENCE YOU GET KNOCKED OUT!

The last person in the comp wins.

If there is more than one person left and then the following week they all get eliminated (i.e. all get their tips wrong), then they will not get eliminated as there needs to be one person left standing to be heralded the winner. If by round 23 there is still more than one person left (very doubtful but just in case), then the person who's chosen team is closest to 9th place will win.

Restrictions:

-You Cannot tip the same team twice in a row
-You Cannot tip the same team more than 5 times throughout the year
-You Cannot tip against the same team more than 5 times throughout the year

New Rule***
You can only pick Essendon*, either to win or to lose, up until the decision on Tuesday. I'm putting this rule in place to maintain the integrity of the competition. After 2.00pm Tuesday you cannot pick * at all.

PRIZE:
To Be Confirmed (if nothing else, you will get a little Navy Blue KO Boxing Glove next to your username!)

GB was clearly some sort of computer genius and had created an excel macro form that allowed you to put in all your tips and made it impossible for players to break the comp rules. I, unfortunately, am not a computer genius and thus will have to go through manually and make sure you've all followed the rules.

Please don't break the rules.

Your tips need to be lodged by messaging them to me. Because I am doing this manually, I'm afraid I cannot allow you to change your tips after submission. The only circumstances under which tips can be changed is if you have not complied with the rules.

You must submit your tips by Tuesday, 31st March to give me time to check compliance and let you know if you're all good.

It really is that simple. You only post your tips ONCE and never have to do them again all year.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Successfully posted tips:

Bluella
Wickzki
Cringle
BIGGUS 64
The Big Sticks
bluebird101
ferrisb
The Old Dark Navy's
AceAndy
HBF
Squida25
bluebunz

Can i still Tip? I forgot about this!

Have re-done mine ODNBlue, please check for compliance.

Hope we can tip against the same team twice or more in a row....
You're all good JK.

You can tip a team to lose twice in a row, but not a team to win twice in a row. May change that next year depending on the preferences of this year's players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ninety minutes to get your tips in folks!

All you have to do is pick one winner a week for each round for the entire season. Can't pick one team two weeks in row, Can't pick a team to win more than 5 games. Can't pick a team to lose more than 5 games. Can't pick Essendon* at all.

It's easy!

You know you want to.

:D

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back