List Mgmt. 2015 Draft Prospects (Poll Added 31/8/15)

Which player do you want at our first selection?

• Harry McKay

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Kieran Collins

Votes: 40 25.0%
  • Ryan Burton

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Darcy Tucker

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Callum Ah Chee

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Harley Balic

• Riley Bonner

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other (Specify Below)

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Ben McKay

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Mitch Hibberd

• Daniel Rioli

• Jade Gresham

• Clayton Oliver

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why are people so keen on Harry McKay? Has good X factor but is the last player we need on our list. Have Boyd, Redpath and Roughead already as very capable, versatile talls with real potential.
Jmac said earlier we were looking at players who could play ruck forward so i guess Harry is seen as someone who can potentially fit the bill. I hope we look at a forward with our first pick as i don't see Redpath ever being more than serviceable and I'd be playing roughy majority ruck swapping with Boyd.

I didn't mind Paige's mock draft as far as the range, but not over joyed with selections
Which is probably similar to how I'll feel after draft night..but maybe not :)

Another phantom has us taking Mitch Brown. He was pretty ordinary as a key back at AFL level for Geelong and I'm not sure he's the type of key defender I'd want. More of a 2nd/3rd tall. Might be ok as a CHF maybe. Anyone seen much of him this year? Has he really improved that much?

Another phantom has us taking Mitch Brown. He was pretty ordinary as a key back at AFL level for Geelong and I'm not sure he's the type of key defender I'd want. More of a 2nd/3rd tall. Might be ok as a CHF maybe. Anyone seen much of him this year? Has he really improved that much?
Agree. I see she has Coughlan going the pick immediately before ours. I'd prefer those 2 picks are swapped, although Brown may be ok as a tall with the extra development.

And why are people so keen on Harry McKay? Has good X factor but is the last player we need on our list. Have Boyd, Redpath and Roughead already as very capable, versatile talls with real potential.

Some vague rumour was Dalrymple was more interested in Ben McKay, who is more aggressive at the contest. He was quoted as saying we need a ruck/forward and that they are hard to find.

I wonder if he will be there at our 2nd. Probably not, I reckon, unless we can push that 2nd earlier somehow, or trade for a lower one.

I wouldnt have any problem at all, for instance, trading Hrovat for Saints 2nd, and getting B.McKay with it.

I didn't mind Paige's mock draft as far as the range, but not over joyed with selections
Which is probably similar to how I'll feel after draft night..but maybe not :)
I would be very upset at that draft. For the record out the available at our picks I would rather take:
1. Wayne Milera
2. Aidyn Johnson
3. Reuben William/Gach Nyuon/Mabior Chol

I would be very upset at that draft. For the record out the available at our picks I would rather take:
1. Wayne Milera
2. Aidyn Johnson
3. Reuben William/Gach Nyuon/Mabior Chol
I'd feel indifferent about those selections, I really like Milera & the others I am just iffy on

probably because I haven't seen enough

maybe Paige is considering our past selections, Balic does seem very much like a Dalrymple pick though

Clarke will unlikely go in the first 15 picks at this stage imo.
Would he possibly survive until pick 30? Would love to get him to the Doggies. And what about Jade Gresham, does he look to be someone we're interested in, especially with Hrovat likely leaving? Absolute jet of a kid.

Clarke has good versatility and I do like his attacking handballs. not sold on his kicking but I think he will go before our first pick.
His kicking is terrifc, and really looks to split the game open at times meaning he does miss a few targets, however this is usually due to being aggressive and attacking with his disposal, which I really like.

Would he possibly survive until pick 30? Would love to get him to the Doggies. And what about Jade Gresham, does he look to be someone we're interested in, especially with Hrovat likely leaving? Absolute jet of a kid.

I don't think we'll look at any smalls bar Dmac as a f/s unless we go for a genuine goal kicker. I expect us to look at players who spread well, have some good height and provide good outside links like Wayne Milera, Darcy Tucker (seems a bit Vanilla for me), Riley Bonner, and later guys like Brayden Fiorini, Ryan Clarke, Thomas Jok and James Parsons.

I think that Clarke will go between 20-30 he ia a chance to be available but after his finals foem I'd say he'd go at the top of that range.

I think Dalrymple will like Fiorini as a outside type as of late a lot of his midfield picks have shown at some level an ability to win plenty of footy, hit the scoreboard and use it well he ticks all the boxes and is even though he is in my list above of good spreading mids he has cracked in and won his own ball against good sides this year. He might go before 30 like Clarke but if he doesn't it would not surprise me if he ended up at the Dogs.

I don't think we'll look at any smalls bar Dmac as a f/s unless we go for a genuine goal kicker. I expect us to look at players who spread well, have some good height and provide good outside links like Wayne Milera, Darcy Tucker (seems a bit Vanilla for me), Riley Bonner, and later guys like Brayden Fiorini, Ryan Clarke, Thomas Jok and James Parsons.

I think that Clarke will go between 20-30 he ia a chance to be available but after his finals foem I'd say he'd go at the top of that range.

I think Dalrymple will like Fiorini as a outside type as of late a lot of his midfield picks have shown at some level an ability to win plenty of footy, hit the scoreboard and use it well he ticks all the boxes and is even though he is in my list above of good spreading mids he has cracked in and won his own ball against good sides this year. He might go before 30 like Clarke but if he doesn't it would not surprise me if he ended up at the Dogs.
I was just about to ask about Fiorini, looks a nice second rounder with good skill and accumulation. Should Clarke be gone by pick 30, Fiorini would be a terrific steal, and yeah, like you said, should be someone Dalrymple would like.

I was just about to ask about Fiorini, looks a nice second rounder with good skill and accumulation. Should Clarke be gone by pick 30, Fiorini would be a terrific steal, and yeah, like you said, should be someone Dalrymple would like.

Jok is a later pick that I think Dal would like just does all the team things putting his body on the line a lot and is a good run and carry type with good leg speed but he was injured at the start of the year so he missed champs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have any more information on the TAC Cup best on ground Answerth? TAC Cup best on ground players have had a pretty good track record of becoming good AFL players (can think of a couple of Dogs in that group as well... Wallis and McLean). What sort of player is he? Does he fit the bill for the Dogs? What range would he likely be drafted, if at all?

Anyone have any more information on the TAC Cup best on ground Answerth? TAC Cup best on ground players have had a pretty good track record of becoming good AFL players (can think of a couple of Dogs in that group as well... Wallis and McLean). What sort of player is he? Does he fit the bill for the Dogs? What range would he likely be drafted, if at all?
I believe he's part of next years crop, isn't he?

Inside mid with a well rounded game. Was overlooked last year, there's not a lot that's special about him. Just works hard, wins a lot of ball and is very consistent. Can play a number of roles. He's a late pick/rookie chance, no certainty to get drafted.

He is an inside midfielder. Good accumulator and has good hands but not much of a kick as it is now. Somewhat Vanilla reckon he'd be worth looking at as a rookie though.

He's a small but decently built inside midfielder with great accumulation and tackling pressure who's worked hard this year to improve his explosiveness athleticism. Terrific bloke and player, but not really the player for the Dogs. Hopefully he'll go in the National Draft and is mostly to be a more 3rd round - rookie selection. Tom Phillips, one of his teammates, another overager, looks someone who I think could fit in well at the Dogs. The kind of versatile outside midfielder in a Macrae-ish mould with good all-round skills and great knack for finding lots and lots of the footy, as well as going forward and kicking goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back