Grigg: 67%
Seedsman: 70%
Milera: 95%
Doedee: 89%
Gore: 65%
O'Brien: 75%
Hampton: 71%
22% ?? That is diabolical.

Grigg and Gore disappointing, good numbers from Milera from 20 (??) Touches.

Interesting. From what I've seen he's been playing on ball (not purely outside) so I guess he's at least running hard and reading the game on top of his stoppage work.

CEY and Grigg had the most contested, near 50/50 split. Wigg had 23% contested. Seedsman 22%. Gore 31%. O'Brien also 50/50. Doedee 38%. Hampton 40%. Most others were primarily uncontested.

I think one clanger was a dropped mark?? I only listened to the call but remember them calling a dropped mark and thinking "clanger".

Nah the SANFL stats specifically have clanger kicks. He had 2 effective kicks, 5 ineffective kicks, 2 clanger kicks, 20 effective handballs, 1 clanger handball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

22% ?? That is diabolical.

Grigg and Gore disappointing, good numbers from Milera from 20 (??) Touches.

Which is why I maintain the point that CEY is done for us. Stick a fork in him.

If we rest players over the next 2-3 weeks and CEY/Grigg get a gig over some others then I'm going to be pissssssssed.

Yes CEY and Grigg's "form" or "numbers" on the stat sheet might be the most deserving to come into the side, but they offer us nothing going forward. Zilch. Nada. They are known entities. In 5 years at the club CEY is just the same tall, contested beast who still is infuriatingly inconsistent with his kicking and has not improved since day dot. Grigg while I thought he might have had 1 last shot this year also looks cooked in terms of pecking order.

Wigg/Hampton/Menzel/Doedee are the big ones that we need to trial at AFL level and see where they sit.

I'm no AFL coach, but hell if I was, I'd tell Wiggy he's got 2 games to show me and 50k supporters what you're capable of. Our list is still young, we are in need of more creative mids, and being able to kick a football like Wiggy can is pure gold in modern footy. It only seems logical and seems like smart planning for the future, and yet we don't seem to do it? (Or haven't in the past).

I don't want to see us do another Matty Wright with CEY/Grigg by playing them in these next 2-3 weeks and then delisting them come seasons end. That's just terrible list management and player development. We have a new crop of kids now who are more talented that we need to pursue. End of.

If we rest players over the next 2-3 weeks and CEY/Grigg get a gig over some others then I'm going to be pissssssssed.

Yes CEY and Grigg's "form" or "numbers" on the stat sheet might be the most deserving to come into the side, but they offer us nothing going forward. Zilch. Nada. They are known entities. In 5 years at the club CEY is just the same tall, contested beast who still is infuriatingly inconsistent with his kicking and has not improved since day dot. Grigg while I thought he might have had 1 last shot this year also looks cooked in terms of pecking order.

Wigg/Hampton/Menzel/Doedee are the big ones that we need to trial at AFL level and see where they sit.

I'm no AFL coach, but hell if I was, I'd tell Wiggy he's got 2 games to show me and 50k supporters what you're capable of. Our list is still young, we are in need of more creative mids, and being able to kick a football like Wiggy can is pure gold in modern footy. It only seems logical and seems like smart planning for the future, and yet we don't seem to do it? (Or haven't in the past).

I don't want to see us do another Matty Wright with CEY/Grigg by playing them in these next 2-3 weeks and then delisting them come seasons end. That's just terrible list management and player development. We have a new crop of kids now who are more talented that we need to pursue. End of.

So do you think we should concentrate on trying for that top 2 finish and play the strongest side and most consistent side possible in trying to gain that percentage boost. Or risk the unknown and develop some players at this time of the year?

So do you think we should concentrate on trying for that top 2 finish and play the strongest side and most consistent side possible in trying to gain that percentage boost. Or risk the unknown and develop some players at this time of the year?
I reckon there's a balance. If we suffer an injury or a few guys drop form to the point of being replaced (and theres a few close) then guys like Wigg, Doedee and Milera should be right at the head of the queue with Seedsman

CEY/Grigg are only 23. Same age as Lyons last year and he has done well given the chance this year. They are not going to be champions at AFL level but I would keep them on next year as depth.

We already have

Jaensch - Retired
Thompson - To Retire
VB - To Retire
Lowden - To delist

Upgrade OB

Gives us three picks in the draft. I cant see us delisting too many more.

G
CEY/Grigg are only 23. Same age as Lyons last year and he has done well given the chance this year. They are not going to be champions at AFL level but I would keep them on next year as depth.

We already have

Jaensch - Retired
Thompson - To Retire
VB - To Retire
Lowden - To delist

Upgrade OB

Grigg has no hope of being on the list next year. Was given a dead man walking contract last season and has done nothing with it.

Resting 1-2 senior players and blooding a talented youngster isn't going to be the end of the world.

I don't know why so many are freaking out about playing a couple of our younger stars in these next few games. It will do us no harm at all and only benefit us really.

But that wasn't really my point. If we don't rest anyone, then so be it. But Im going to be pissed if we do rest player and bring in someone like CEY, what a complete waste.

Anyways, as Ive discussed in the changes thread, we are still a dominant clearance and contested side (most of the time). I say we drop Thommo for a game or 2, rejig our midfield balance and get Wigg in. We are too top heavy still and let's be honest, Thommo has provided very little these last few weeks. We should see what our midfield looks with an extra elite kick in there and hopefully this gives us some idea of what we could be looking at for our 2017 side.

We already have

Jaensch - Retired
Thompson - To Retire
VB - To Retire
Lowden - To delist

Upgrade OB

Grigg is gone, I'm almost certain on it. We might keep CEY purely as depth if he's not traded, but he should remain exactly that. Others should be getting a go before he does in the side, because he literally has nothing to offer. You cannot kick the football like he does and expect to hold a spot in the 22 of a side pushing for top 4 and deep into September. He's just simply not good enough.

We have others that ARE potentially good enough to be in our 22 and make an impact come September. Those are the players we should be turning to.

Resting 1-2 senior players and blooding a talented youngster isn't going to be the end of the world.

I don't know why so many are freaking out about playing a couple of our younger stars in these next few games. It will do us no harm at all and only benefit us really.

But that wasn't really my point. If we don't rest anyone, then so be it. But Im going to be pissed if we do rest player and bring in someone like CEY, what a complete waste.

Anyways, as Ive discussed in the changes thread, we are still a dominant clearance and contested side (most of the time). I say we drop Thommo for a game or 2, rejig our midfield balance and get Wigg in. We are too top heavy still and let's be honest, Thommo has provided very little these last few weeks. We should see what our midfield looks with an extra elite kick in there and hopefully this gives us some idea of what we could be looking at for our 2017 side.

The better teams inject new players while the team is going well, they don't wait to be on a downward slide before adding new blood. If we cant give Wigg, Doedee, O'Brien, CEY, Kelly et al a chance to prove themselves then whats the point of drafting new guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back