Strategy 2016 Draft Needs

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as it pains me to say, I think they've done well to get 4 picks in the top 31, they should be able to get a good group of players from that.
Could be a good move. Depends how good this year's draft is. But they're going to be bringing in heaps of kids who probably won't be ready to make an impact at AFL level and they've given up their first rounder next year. If they go backwards next year they could miss out on Pick 6-10.

OK draft gurus - who's the best damned defender we can pick at 13?
You might be pissed but actually several of the players we might look at have played in defence as well as mid and forward in guys like Jarrod Berry, Griffin Logue and Jordan Ridley. Patrick Dangerfield for example played off half back almost exclusively in the TAC Cup Comp and Brad Crouch also spent quite a bit of his TAC and junior games off half back.

good work by port to get 3 in the top 30 they need it.
not sure how much talent there will be in the 40s Bicks ?
Quite a bit but also more speculative than earlier picks...still think pick 43 was likely procured for Ben Jarman should he choose us, perhaps he already has?

Quite a bit but also more speculative than earlier picks...still think pick 43 was likely procured for Ben Jarman should he choose us, perhaps he already has?
reading up it seems very similar to the watts-niknat season where it ran very deep and could easily get quality players in the 40s as you would in the top 10.

I'm not as carried away with Venables as some, all he has produced in the main are cameos, not enough production and goes missing way to often, his good is very good but you see it all too infrequently. Personally I see him as a bigger risk than some that will likely be available and for me with only one 1st round pick we really need to get it right as there will be some very good players that go after pick 13 in this particular draft, hence the efforts of a lot of the clubs bartering to get inside the 2nd round with their picks.
Venables is inconsistent because he doesn't have a tank. Adelaide is very good at developing players' tanks. Venables is a must, he will be a star in our system in particular.

Venables is inconsistent because he doesn't have a tank. Adelaide is very good at developing players' tanks. Venables is a must, he will be a star in our system in particular.

Maybe, he's no certainty IMO, check his numbers in the TAC and U18's, none of that screams certainty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, he's no certainty IMO, check his numbers in the TAC and U18's, none of that screams certainty.
Not many players that are taken outside the top 10 are certainties to be stars, IMO. Venables is the one player IMO that could be around our pick that has massive upside that can be realised at a club like us.

Please no....and I've seen Cedric Cox up close on 4 occasions this year plus the televised game, undoubtedly talented and skilled but he's an over ager and will need to add more inside work to his game IMO....... and will take time before AFL ready....not a first rounder IMO.

Please no....and I've seen Cedric Cox up close on 4 occasions this year plus the televised game, undoubtedly talented and skilled but he's an over ager and will need to add more inside work to his game IMO....... and will take time before AFL ready....not a first rounder IMO.

Doubt we'd take Cox over Berry

Lots of Victorian boys looking at being drafted interstate in that first round prediction.

About time this academy bullshit was made available to boys in every state, not just for the AFL sponsored clubs. Or just scrap it and stop the bias.

Jarman is an interesting situation. If he nominates us then I hope we could pick him up with 53. Draft 2 players with 13 and 43 upgrade ROB with 67.

VB, Jaensch, Lowden and Lyons off the list. 4 on, then 2 rookie picks.

Hendo kept for one year as depth.

That is my prediction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back