2016 FFA Cup Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They missed out on a big home gate $$$

Melb derby for the semi final. When are the match days? Wouldn't want it too close to round 2

I'm only sort of half watching the post-game coverage - but did Kev just say that the next game was in 8 days?

Hope the Derby is played the same week we play the Victory in the League.

Garb just set the semi-finals will be "some time in October".

Given the first round of the A-League is about 7-9 Oct, the Socceroos play in Melbourne on about 11 October, and given there's a derby on about the 15th of October, we're probably looking at 10 days beyond that. Approx 25 Oct would be my best guess.

Garb just set the semi-finals will be "some time in October".

Given the first round of the A-League is about 7-9 Oct, the Socceroos play in Melbourne on about 11 October, and given there's a derby on about the 15th of October, we're probably looking at 10 days beyond that. Approx 25 Oct would be my best guess.
It will more than likely be the 18th or 25th.

It will more than likely be the 18th or 25th.

Why do you think that is?

I don't reckon they're going to play a semi final derby 3-4 days after the A-League derby unless there's a logistical reason to do so.

I'm not aware of any logistical reasons - do you know of any that prompt you to think that?

Derby 15th
City host Perth on 21st
Victory away to Adelaide on 22nd
City host Adelaide on 28th
Victory host Nix on 31st (Cup Eve Monday)

In terms of trying to give "kind of even" breaks, I think it's much of a muchness.

edit: the article on the Victory site says possible match days are 18/19/25/26 Oct. So that doesn't really tell us anything!

Last edited:
Why do you think that is?

I don't reckon they're going to play a semi final derby 3-4 days after the A-League derby unless there's a logistical reason to do so.

I'm not aware of any logistical reasons - do you know of any that prompt you to think that?

Derby 15th
City host Perth on 21st
Victory away to Adelaide on 22nd
City host Adelaide on 28th
Victory host Nix on 31st (Cup Eve Monday)

In terms of trying to give "kind of even" breaks, I think it's much of a muchness.

edit: the article on the Victory site says possible match days are 18/19/25/26 Oct. So that doesn't really tell us anything!
Well it says the semi finals will be played between the 18th-26th October, and since matchdays are Tuesdays and Wednesdays I figured it will be a Tuesday to give the Victory enough rest before their next match in the League.

I'd intended to not go to any games except the final (if we made it and it was in Melbourne) but for a derby I may make an exception.

25th/26th Oct surely. Most people won't pay to see the same game twice in 4 days.

Great to see a Canberra team in the final four. A nice little reminder to the dickheads in charge that the world game is played in the Capital.:)

Great to see a Canberra team in the final four. A nice little reminder to the dickheads in charge that the world game is played in the Capital.:)

Agreed. I love it. I know a lot of Victory fans wanted to see another Victorian team through to the final 4 - I wasn't one of them. I mentioned after the round of 16 that, having spent 8 years living in Canberra, I was riding them pretty hard.

They're a 1 in 1000 chance of beating FC, but damn I'd love it if they did.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back